do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Hello, and welcome to Moviefone!  Brought to you by the New York Times and Hot 97.

Coming to theaters this Friday..........Kevin Bacon...Susan Sarandon...YOU'VE GOT TO GET ME OVER THAT MOUNTAIN!!!

.....NOWWWWW!!!!

*imitates heavy machine gun fire*

AAAAHHHHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!

There's no higher place than...Mountain High.

Rated R!

If you know the name of the movie you'd like to see, press 1.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:21 AM, Lobo said:

The bleachers thing was a little too over the top absurdist, even for latter-day Seinfeld.  I'll give you that.  
I don't have an issue with the laser pointer thing.  First of all, it's a perfect way to physically taunt George in a non-obvious way and get him wound up by something other than what other people say.  And secondly, that really was a thing at that point in history.  Those things were everywhere, like fidget spinners, and then suddenly gone as soon as you noticed them.  Seinfeld didn't typically rely on contemporary tropes related to trends (obviously there are exceptions)...so that one was a "current fad" that could also wind George up like nobody's business.  

Maybe it was a thing. The problem was that it wasn’t funny. And the whole premise was that it was spoiling George’s attempt to shout out a zinger in the movie theater, basically a rehashing of the jerk store plot line. That episode was evidence of how they were running out of ideas and it was a good decision to call it quits. They already held on a season longer than they planned and we got some all timers out of it like The Strike. (They used the checkered flag pattern on the Seinfeld logo in season 8 because they thought that would be their final season.) 

Also, Kramer would never light a cigar with a sparkler. You’re in NYC. Someone has a lighter or a match. The political outrage over Kramer burning the Puerto Rican flag was just dumb. The outrage should’ve been about the basic premise of Kramer lighting a cigar with a sparkler. No one would ever do that.

It’s okay to admit that the episode wasn’t that funny. Being the least funny episode of Seinfeld isn’t a huge knock. It’s still funnier than the funniest episode of, say, Family Guy. But by Seinfeld standards it was really weak. The only thing funny about it was was when Jerry, Kramer, and George were all using a stranger’s apartment under assumed names  

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe it was a thing. The problem was that it wasn’t funny. And the whole premise was that it was spoiling George’s attempt to shout out a zinger in the movie theater, basically a rehashing of the jerk store plot line. That episode was evidence of how they were running out of ideas and it was a good decision to call it quits. They already held on a season longer than they planned and we got some all timers out of it like The Strike. (They used the checkered flag pattern on the Seinfeld logo in season 8 because they thought that would be their final season.) 

Also, Kramer would never light a cigar with a sparkler. You’re in NYC. Someone has a lighter or a match. The political outrage over Kramer burning the Puerto Rican flag was just dumb. The outrage should’ve been about the basic premise of Kramer lighting a cigar with a sparkler. No one would ever do that.

It’s okay to admit that the episode wasn’t that funny. Being the least funny episode of Seinfeld isn’t a huge knock. It’s still funnier than the funniest episode of, say, Family Guy. But by Seinfeld standards it was really weak. The only thing funny about it was was when Jerry, Kramer, and George were all using a stranger’s apartment under assumed names  

The Betrayal was worse in my opinion (the one where everything goes backwards and the wedding in India). I think that is the episode that the writers admitted they were done.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:09 PM, TurkeyChew said:

The Betrayal was worse in my opinion (the one where everything goes backwards and the wedding in India). I think that is the episode that the writers admitted they were done.

Yeah, that's definitely my least favorite.

30 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

My least favorite episode has always been The Dog for some reason.

Prediction, you’ll be calling to check up on the episode before the week is out.  

Well, we all can't work in gifs like you, sir.  You should make those 4 quadrant posters they use on football sidelines.  Unfortunately all schemes would breakdown with questions like, "What the fuck does coach mean by a guy sucking down a beer with a cigarette?"