do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

47 minutes ago, Lobo said:

...or maybe that's how you get your kicks, huh?  

“Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says ‘New York Public Library’? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flouting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how you get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over.”

• Hook 'Em 4

You think Louie Pasteur and his wife had anything in common? He was in the fields all day with the cows, you know with the milk, examining the milk, delving into milk, consumed with milk. Pasteurization. Homogenization...she was in the kitchen killing cockroaches with a boot on each hand!

Why were there so many cockroaches?

Because. There was a lot of cake lying around the house. Just sitting there going with all the excess milk from all the experiments!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

Out walking today and was disappointed nobody understood when I said “Look, George!!”

4abffbe519c835898fb5331085ebeda0.jpg

I assume you were on your way to a catered affair?  

This is my favorite scene of her's of all-time: When she's yelling about other family's tempers and then gets all somber with the question about Aunt Baby.  Just fucking kills me.  One by one, how old friends are gone...

I bet my wife yells "Don't you talk about Henny" couple times a month.

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

This is my favorite scene of her's of all-time: When she's yelling about other family's tempers and then gets all somber with the question about Aunt Baby.  Just fucking kills me.  One by one, how old friends are gone...

I bet my wife yells "Don't you talk about Henny" couple times a month.

She's deceased (looks up).

That musta been some doll...

Close second, even though it's voicework (which is appropriate since that would become a very large portion of her career after Seinfeld...hope she took all that Pixar money and said, "We're blowing it all!") 

Not just saying this because she's gone, been saying it on this thread for years.  On a show with so many comedic actors, she stole every scene she was in.  Her brilliance was she went big in almost every scene without going big.  If that makes sense.  She was loud and waved her arms, but there was something still subtle and nuanced about her.  She was a master of facial expressions.  And it's trite to say, but no secondary character on the show had better timing.  When you watch her with Frank and/or George, it seems like the three of them have been in a spin-off series for a decade.  But they 'only' did about 20 episodes together, but it's like we were watching a real family that had each other perfectly clocked.  

I'm gonna miss her.  But she lives on making my daughter smile at Toy Story and she makes grumpy middle-aged assholes like us tear up with laughter.  

while I can’t remember much of the context, my favorite estelle line was from an episode when she and frank had returned from some place and george asked how it went and estelle sighs and just says “your father…”

anyone remember that or what episode it’s from?

Yeah, I think they were coming back from Florida or a cruise and Estelle just drops that one line, and as a viewer...your mind immediately jumps to Frank probably accusing a bellhop of rifling through his cabana-wear.  But I think later in the conversation, George admits to having sex in his parents bed while they were gone because his bed was too small.  And Estelle is just silence in the corner in complete shock and Frank yells, "We're gone two weeks and you turn our house into Bourbon Street!"  I can picture Estelle with either her forearm over her head or over her heart like she's about to faint. 

Another acting masterclass in comedic timing by her from 0:29-0:49 (she's great in the whole scene).  But she fires off an insult, waits for George to sink even deeper into shame, then she hits him again, and again, and one last time.  But her cadence is so spot-on, she lets it sink in and gets a little more dejected and throws the next zinger.  It's too perfect. 

while I can’t remember much of the context, my favorite estelle line was from an episode when she and frank had returned from some place and george asked how it went and estelle sighs and just says “your father…”
anyone remember that or what episode it’s from?

Cigar store Indian

26 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Cigar store Indian

Look, futureman probably knew that but wasn't sure.  No big deal if he had reservations, uh I mean doubts, about posting the episode name.  He can't take back giving us the post now, that would make him an...  I mean, he was probably distracted buying tickets to the Longhorn game from the...Anybody know a good Chinese restaurant around here? 

Estelle Costanza: Here, I made some bologna sandwiches.
George: Bologna?! No one eats bologna anymore!
Estelle Costanza: What are you talking about?! Have a sandwich.
Jerry: No thanks.
Estelle Costanza: Oh, stop it! You don't want one, Kramer?
Kramer: Uh, no thanks.
Estelle Costanza: I think you're all a little touched in the head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Estelle Costanza: Here, I made some bologna sandwiches.
George: Bologna?! No one eats bologna anymore!
Estelle Costanza: What are you talking about?! Have a sandwich.
Jerry: No thanks.
Estelle Costanza: Oh, stop it! You don't want one, Kramer?
Kramer: Uh, no thanks.
Estelle Costanza: I think you're all a little touched in the head.

George Costanza Thumbs Up GIF

Don't worry about the dinner, okay buddy?  You worry about what comes after dinner.  Unless, there's nothing after dinner.  Again...RIP, Estelle:

In honor of Mr. Will's visit to UT today:

Edited by Lobo
Just found out I'm old, this was 30 years ago and George is 80 now