do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

20 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

He's great.

Another one of my all-time favorites and just absolutely inspired casting was James Spader as "the step skipper."

"I'm so sorry George. I'm sorry I didn't want your rather bulbous head stretching out the normal-sized neck hole of my finely knitted sweater..."

Get out!  Can't you see we're closed!

He says it like an old timey gangster.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Another one episode guest, obviously not as big as Spader or Favreau

Petet Stormare, from Fargo.

Believe me, George....You can count on slippery Pete.

He's the best....and the worst.

He’s also been known to fix the cable, if you know what I mean. 

26 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Amazing the guy was fresh off two Coen Bros. movies and still chomped at the bit to play a criminal with 4 lines on "Seinfeld."  

As the old saying goes, the only thing men want to be a part of more than a threesome...is a HEIST.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Amazing the guy was fresh off two Coen Bros. movies and still chomped at the bit to play a criminal with 4 lines on "Seinfeld."  

As the old saying goes, the only thing men want to be a part of more than a threesome...is a HEIST.  

He has over 200 acting credits on IMDB.  

I'm not judging you, but how the fuck did you not recognize him?  He has easily one of the most recognizable faces and voices in American film/TV.

Now Shlomo is a different story.  It would be perfectly forgivable to not know that he also appeared in the Muffin Tops episode two seasons earlier.  With a smoking hot Rena Sofer.  But that's how elusive Shlomo is, he can steal your heart as fast as he can steal your holes.  I mean, outlet.  220, 221...whatever it takes.  

Also, RIP---Reuven Bar-Yotam.  We lost him last year during Covid at 85.  He's on to that high score in the sky...

23 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Fantastic.

Also - a (relatively) young Tracy Letts as the guy from the off-track betting place which was Elaine's go-to fake number.

"What about Charlie? He's a man."

letts.jpg

Everything about those two guys is just absolute perfection, including the way Charlie's voice trails off during "I'm a man". 

You'd be hard pressed to find any other tertiary actors of the Seinfeld universe that put as much finesse on their roles as those two guys.  I said it every year at Festivus on here, but the outfit that Letts has on cracks me up.  Seeing the great character actor he went on to be, part of me believes he chose it in real life for a reason.  It's fucking freezing out and everybody arriving at the Costanza's is all buttoned up for warmth.  And in walks "Counter Guy" and he takes the care and time to put on a scarf, but nothing else, with a fucking leisure suit on and the shit unbuttoned all the way down to his navel.  Just so he can appear even creepier and sexier to Elaine.  I fucking cry just thinking about it.  

Doing a little internet poking around this morning.

Some of y'all probably knew this, but John Gries (Uncle Rico, Real Genius, White Lotus) plays a homeless guy in a couple episodes.

Most notably Rusty, the Rickshaw thief.

image.png.f604f48d14b3cd5823a01f273f74e34a.png

He also picked up George's toupee after Elaine threw it out the window in another episode.

Edited by Tylerocks
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Doing a little internet poking around this morning.

Some of y'all probably knew this, but John Gries (Uncle Rico, Real Genius, White Lotus) plays a homeless guy in a couple episodes.

Most notably Rusty, the Rickshaw thief.

image.png.f604f48d14b3cd5823a01f273f74e34a.png

He also picked up George's toupee after Elaine threw it out the window in another episode.

Did I get the job?

Yeah, we'll get back to ya.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

Everything about those two guys is just absolute perfection, including the way Charlie's voice trails off during "I'm a man". 

You'd be hard pressed to find any other tertiary actors of the Seinfeld universe that put as much finesse on their roles as those two guys.  I said it every year at Festivus on here, but the outfit that Letts has on cracks me up.  Seeing the great character actor he went on to be, part of me believes he chose it in real life for a reason.  It's fucking freezing out and everybody arriving at the Costanza's is all buttoned up for warmth.  And in walks "Counter Guy" and he takes the care and time to put on a scarf, but nothing else, with a fucking leisure suit on and the shit unbuttoned all the way down to his navel.  Just so he can appear even creepier and sexier to Elaine.  I fucking cry just thinking about it.  

Letts is amazing.

I love in the "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" episode with JLD when she points out to Jerry that Letts ("the guy who won a Pulitzer for August: Osage County!") was in that episode and Jerry was totally unware, lol.

Yeah, one thing that annoys me with CiCGC is that sometimes Jerry laughs a little too aggressively, like he's faking it for the cameras.  I mean, we know he's hilarious and he's got hilarious guests but maybe he worries that the audience isn't "in" on the humor so he cues us by literally doubling over on the sidewalk to laugh harder.  Otherwise, I obviously love the show.  But yeah, when JLD tells him about Letts.....he is genuinely shocked and really impressed at the same time.  It was a cool moment.  And then they crack up at "Hey, how'd my horse do?"  "He had to be shot!"  

Go back and watch that scene when Elaine asks him, how deadpan Letts delivers his line, right as he starts it---Charlie begins the toothpick flip and right as Letts finishes the line, in perfect synch---Charlie finishes the flip leaving his tongue dangling out a foot away from Elaine's face.  It's fucking beautiful.  

18 hours ago, McCroskey said:

If you could hookup with Elaine from any season, which would it be?

I think my answer is Season 7.

Seasons 4 & 9 for a tie.  Seasons 5, 6, & 7 tied for second.  We know she wore frumpy clothes to hide her pregnancy in 3 and 8 and that's totally fine.  Othertimes, they did her hair weird for some reason to make her look like a Mormon sister-wife, never understood that.  I also love when she wears that shiny lip gloss that the stage lights pick up.  She has a gorgeous smile that takes her from very attractive to just absolutely sultry.  Her tits are better in 4 and 9 after she's had her kids so that was nice.  But she always had a great ass and beautiful face.  Still does.  My only complaint is like I told the New Yorker, "I wish she was taller."  

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Cartoons are like gossamer and one doesn't dissect gossamer.

(By the way,  add Paul Benedict to the list of famous actors to have bit parts)

What is that...a Vorshtein?  

If I had a $1 for every time I've yelled out in my household, "Quickly (insert 1 of 3 names here)...to my archives!" when searching for something around the house...I could buy The New Yorker magazine.  

We had a project manager a few years back from Georgia.  Great guy and smart, but spoke with just a godawful drawl and always had a mouthful of chew in his mouth.  And he loved to use the word "Charlatan" to describe any GC or sub he didn't trust, but he'd put a transatlantic accent on it to make it sound like "word of the day" vocab.  And I'd laugh every fucking time and he'd say, "What, 'cause I'm from Georgia, I can't say big words?"  And I kept showing him the J. Peterman clip when he says "Charlatan" in that perfect Peterman accent.  But he just never got it.  I still laugh thinking about.  Last year, he moved to Chattanooga and I swear he says the name of the town like he says Charlatan.  Any Ch-word I guess.  We are living in a simulation, as I've said before, and the simulation likes Seinfeld.   /csb

Edited by Lobo