Talk Texas vs Purple Wizard's KState Wildcats

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Whose article is that?

Yeah, I'm also interested in the source.  Bucky and Erin were just talking about Tim Beck being under the weather and missing yesterday, but commented that unless a coach is dead, they're not going to miss a game for an illness.  But they didn't discuss any report like this stating that Beck wasn't making the trip to Manhattan.

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not sure how I feel about this one.  I've slapped around Tim Beck as much as the rest of us on this board, but we really don't know how much he's been calling plays over the past two games and how much of that has been Herman.  I think Herman's got this.

the main thing is you don't want to fuck with anything right now when it's working and we are rolling.  it doesn't really matter in what capacity or volume beck was contributing, this is an unwanted change.

1 minute ago, thrillhammer said:

the main thing is you don't want to fuck with anything right now when it's working and we are rolling.  it doesn't really matter in what capacity or volume beck was contributing, this is an unwanted change.

I think this is right, and even if Herman has been taking over most of the playcalling over the past two games, you still can't discount Beck's eyes from the booth.  If the report is true, it's not optimal, but I don't think it's the same as losing Todd Orlando or some key players.

I think this is the year we finally beat them in Manhattan, it has gotten ugly over there. They've turned on Snyder much like we did towards the end of Mack's tenure. A lot of KState fans pulling for them to lose at this point so they can move on. Will be interesting to see how that sentiment affects the gameday atmosphere if it does at all.

19 minutes ago, NowThis said:

we'll know in the first defensive series for UT. If the KSU carrier is tackled by one guy and no other defender is in the area, meaning no gang tackling, this means KSU wins. 

That's an odd take on how the rest of the game might play out based a hypothetical first defensive play of the game.

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That's an odd take on how the rest of the game might play out based a hypothetical first defensive play of the game.

I think he means if we are not rallying to the football right off the bat it means we are unmotivated.  meanwhile KSU likely will be very motivated because theyve had their asses chewed all week.

37 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Beck will miss the Longhorns' game against Kansas State while he is hospitalized and treated for an infection, according to head trainer Anthony Pass. Beck is expected to return to the team on Sunday.

Article from ESPN

My wife kept saying my homemade voodoo doll wouldn’t work, but who’s laughing now?

• Like 4

We didn't lose that game because Colt got hurt - the same basic "pinched nerve" injury at the junction of right shoulder and neck, which he would suffer the next game against agy, three years later against Bama, as well as in the NFL. We lost the KState game because Jamaal fumbled, Selvin fumbled, and The Punter had a punt blocked, which took us from 21-21 to 21-42, all in about five minutes. I thought Jevan Snead QB'ed reasonably well and we got within three, but couldn't recover an onside kick at the end. You score 42 points and lose... it ain't on anybody but the D.
Mack was scared to death to have a freshman QB out there. Colt seemed to be not able to make a full throw in practice. We had two weeks to the agy T-Day game, and by the time it got there, Colt was said to be suffering from some gawdawful horrible flu -  sick, puking all night - and his arm still wasn't right.
Mack, scared to death, couldn't bring himself to let Snead take the reins. Colt looked like warmed-over shit, but played every single snap until he got ko'ed by a cheap shot with time for one play - after having been hit on a previous play almost as hard. The second one, he was out on the field for a good ten minutes, and wound up spending hours at Brack with MRIs, xRays, and more, culminating with (as I recall), "He's got a pinched nerve."
Snead stood on the sideline, helmet off, arms folded, staring at the field. I don't think Mack even looked at him. After Colt ot carted off, Snead had time for one play, he got one snap, one fucking snap: he dropped back and threw as much of a Hail Mary jump ball as he could, which was - predictably - intercepted. Watching his body language all day, I opined that he would be gone as soon as possible, and he was. He wasn't the best QB I ever saw, but he was better than just OK... god damn, he would have been a great asset to put in the Bama game, when Colt got ko'ed with the same fucking injury, and Squints was so unprepared to play that he couldn't even find his fucking helmet.
So, yeah, fuck KState, fuck the Purple Wizard, fuck their mothers, fuck their dogs, fuck their mothers' dogs, fuck their dogs' mothers.
Did I leave anyone out?

Right - Fuck 0U.
agy? Whats agy?

On 9/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, Whitman said:

KState looked like crap yesterday against my 'Eers.  I'm a big Wizard fan and think he is 10x the coach Dana ever will be, but not this  team.  The only reason it was even as close as 35-6 was we kept turning the ball over with int's and fumbles.   Love the man and his program, but Wizard just doesn't have the horses this year. 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, UTEX_ME said:

as shitty as they look, I will never underestimate or think we have a win in the bag going to face the purple wizard in his kingdom

As usual, I only read the first page than skipped to the end...

With that caveat out of the way, I think y'all are over-estimating Synder. He's past his prime. He ain't the wizard anymore.

One shove from a player going out of bounds and he's out with a broken hip, and dead six months later.

Kansas State cannot beat Texas. By that I mean if Texas plays the way they did the final three quarters of the game last week Kansas State cannot compete with them. The only way Texas loses this game is if they're full of themselves coming off two big wins, not ready to play and Snyder pulls off some of that voodoo dark magic bullshit he always pulls against Texas in Manhattan. That's all totally possible which I why I like this as another good test before OU but this is a team Texas should handle.

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

His gay AIDS is flaring up. 

Upboat on the made me laugh. 

Although I like Tim Beck and I hope is going to be OK. I don't understand the heat a playcaller gets when the offensive line sucks shit. Nobody has been complaining much on the playcalls the past two weeks...