2018 Ryder Cup: USA v. Europe

Jive Turkey

Not liking this Reed/Tiger pairing at all.  Put Tiger with Fowler.

I had a bad feeling about that matchup, I said I thought they would lose. Tiger looks tired as hell and fatty looks intimidated.

Speith and Scott could be a new pair for a decade. Just starting to watch foursomes now. Europe usually owns us in this format

36 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Furyk is gonna have some questions to answer.  Tiger/Reed in best ball and Phil/Bryson in alternate shot, for two.  Those were bad on paper and played out that way on the course.

What pairs do folks think Furyk should start in 4Ball tomorrow morning??

Edited by LTtxfan

32 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Same exact fourball pairings

Furyk opted to stick with the same four pairings that gave his team an early 3-1 lead, putting out a nearly identical fourballs lineup for the second straight day. He’ll be banking on a similar result given that the Americans now face a 5-3 deficit after losing all four foursomes sessions Friday at Le Golf National.

Here’s a look at the fourball pairings that will kick things off Saturday morning (all times ET):

2:10 a.m.: Brooks Koepka/Tony Finau (U.S.) vs. Rory McIlroy/Sergio Garcia (Europe)

2:25 a.m.: Dustin Johnson/Rickie Fowler (U.S.) vs. Paul Casey/Tyrrell Hatton (Europe)

2:40 a.m.: Tiger Woods/Patrick Reed (U.S.) vs. Francesco Molinari/Tommy Fleetwood

2:55 a.m.: Jordan Spieth/Justin Thomas (U.S.) vs. Ian Poulter/Jon Rahm (Europe)

What is your best guess as to how many singles points will the US need to get on Sunday to keep the Ryder Cup?

If they only get 3 points tomorrow then they will need 8 out of 12 points on Sunday to keep the cup.

My best guess at this point that Team USA will need 7 or more points, that the Euros will take no less than 4 points tomorrow.
They might want to fly Crenshaw over for a Brookline'sque motivational speech.

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

What is your best guess as to how many singles points will the US need to get on Sunday to keep the Ryder Cup?

If they only get 3 points tomorrow then they will need 8 out of 12 points on Sunday to keep the cup.

My best guess at this point that Team USA will need 7 or more points, that the Euros will take no less than 4 points tomorrow.
They might want to fly Crenshaw over for a Brookline'sque motivational speech.

Saturday, USA probably needs at least 4.5 points so they go into singles no worse than 1 point down.

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I think we are favorites in the singles, don't know why just think we would be favored in more. I think we can win even if we split tomorrow. 

If 4-4 on Saturday, probably need at least 6 Wins and 2 ties in Singles, or else a minimum of 7 Wins  for USA to retain Ryder Cup (Score of 7pts to 5pts)