Graduate? First watch a video on how to act to police

crash_davis

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

there are actual studies that you can read about this if you care about learning instead of just spitballing.

Bro I’m not on earth to read studies about people that can’t dress. I’m here to kick ass and make off the cuff remarks. 

there are actual studies that you can read about this if you care about learning instead of just spitballing.

So in these studies that show plenty of white people dress like morons, who defines dress like morons? I’m pretty sure I would define it as wearing shorts and flip flops on a plane. Those people do deserve to be harassed by the cops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So you think it's easier to be polite when you are constantly harassed for no reason.

It’s the “constantly harassed” part I put in bold.

There are probably a million interactions between police and the public every day (more than just “hello, officer”) and hundreds of thousands of daily warnings/citations/arrests. If blacks were constantly harassed, there would be much more than an occasional shooting, (most of which turn out to be justified, btw).

The hyperbole surrounding this subject is on a teenage girls level. Of course there is a problem. I just think it’s not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

I’m sure you disagree. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 4

If blacks were constantly harassed, there would be much more than an occasional shooting, (most of which turn out to be justified, btw).

What concerns me is that the bar you have set for police conduct is that most of the blacks they shoot deserve it. Is that really the society we want to live in? As long as they don’t kill too many for no reason it’s all good.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So in these studies that show plenty of white people dress like morons, who defines dress like morons? I’m pretty sure I would define it as wearing shorts and flip flops on a plane. Those people do deserve to be harassed by the cops.

constantly.

shit. wally beat me.

Edited by crash_davis

Ok I agree “constantly harassed” was hyperbole. Not being a minority, I don’t really have a point of reference as to how often it occurs. I do know that it probably wouldn’t take very often to make it hard for me to be polite. I can tell you for certainty that once you tell a law enforcement officer that they don’t have your permission to search you car that being polite does t seem to help much.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

What concerns me is that the bar you have set for police conduct is that most of the blacks they shoot deserve it. Is that really the society we want to live in? As long as they don’t kill too many for no reason it’s all good.

I said the shootings were justified, not that the person shot deserved it. There’s a difference. Some confrontations could have been handled better, but that doesn’t mean that the shooting wasn’t defensible or justified.

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yes because:

1. The person being accosted has no definitive way to accurately ascertain whether her rights were violated (maybe you have a magic way to judge another person's heart or intent -> if so, share as that sounds awesome)

2. Even if one could fiat #1 above, not the time or place to engage (being disrespectful or rude to a cop or anyone because your judging her or making assumptions is usually not helpful in any relationship)

(FWIW - I don't hate your or anyone but ousux; I do love the irony you bring to your comments)

Are you a cop? Serious question

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It’s the “constantly harassed” part I put in bold.

There are probably a million interactions between police and the public every day (more than just “hello, officer”) and hundreds of thousands of daily warnings/citations/arrests. If blacks were constantly harassed, there would be much more than an occasional shooting, (most of which turn out to be justified, btw).

The hyperbole surrounding this subject is on a teenage girls level. Of course there is a problem. I just think it’s not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

I’m sure you disagree. 

Or it's exactly as bad as people make it out to be.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Lmao Kyle the cop

Just do me a favor ... remember I made you laugh, so please don't spit in my coffee or sneeze on my doughnut. Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend. I hope you don't have to open in the morning.

10 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Absolutely false. Being polite to cops / treating them with some cursory level of respect goes so far that in most instances it know no color. That and not dressing like an idiot (applies to all races) are huge factors in how you’ll be treated by cops. 

You say things like "it know no color" and then accuse others of being idiots. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Just do me a favor ... remember I made you laugh, so please don't spit in my coffee or sneeze on my doughnut. Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend. I hope you don't have to open in the morning.

Business owner, bruh. I work when I decide. But hey, good luck finding a second job to supplement your cop salary. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Edited by immortal13

19 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Absolutely false. Being polite to cops / treating them with some cursory level of respect goes so far that in most instances it know no color. That and not dressing like an idiot (applies to all races) are huge factors in how you’ll be treated by cops. 

Yes.  For a white guy it might get you out of a ticket.  For a black guy it might keep you from getting shot or jailed for the same act. So I guess you can make the argument that it’s more important for black people to “respect” cops.

This is a point which hasn’t escaped their notice.  

• Like 1

You can also pretend to not speak English or be a mute.  It's completely within your rights.  Since our nation has no official language, you aren't required to speak in anything but silence or jibberish.  The police can claim you were slurring your words, but they sure as shit can't prove on the spot you're not speaking perfect Albanian or Korean.  

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

You say things like "it know no color" and then accuse others of being idiots. 

Yeah, wearing a wife beater, and actually talking like the above - that’s the same as making a simple grammatical error on a message board. 

Yes because:
1. The person being accosted has no definitive way to accurately ascertain whether her rights were violated (maybe you have a magic way to judge another person's heart or intent -> if so, share as that sounds awesome)
2. Even if one could fiat #1 above, not the time or place to engage (being disrespectful or rude to a cop or anyone because your judging her or making assumptions is usually not helpful in any relationship)
(FWIW - I don't hate your or anyone but ousux; I do love the irony you bring to your comments)

#1 - lolwut?
#2 - See above.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, Kyle said:

Yes because:

You think knowing an officer's heart or intent is necessary to ascertain that your rights have been violated? The problem appears to be that you simply have no idea what citizens' rights are when dealing with police officers. It doesn't make a single bit of difference what the officer's heart or intent are if the facts of the situation do not support any sort of reasonable suspicion or probable cause to be detained or searched, respectively.

And as for #2, yes, the moment when your rights are being violated is EXACTLY the time and place to engage. Jesus.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, Lobo said:

You can also pretend to not speak English or be a mute.  It's completely within your rights.  Since our nation has no official language, you aren't required to speak in anything but silence or jibberish.  The police can claim you were slurring your words, but they sure as shit can't prove on the spot you're not speaking perfect Albanian or Korean.  

...until trial when the prosecutor asks you to say something in Albanian or Korean. 

I’d just politely decline to speak without a lawyer present. 

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

How the fuck has this topic gotten this far without this video being posted:

I was waiting for this. +rep

In fact, this video should be required viewing for all students grade 8 and above. If you want them to pay attention, don’t bleep the cuss words. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

...until trial when the prosecutor asks you to say something in Albanian or Korean. 

I’d just politely decline to speak without a lawyer present. 

Serious question-can you be compelled to speak in a foreign language in a courtroom where you are the one on trial?  I honestly doubt it, but I could be wrong.  

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, Huckleberry said:

You think knowing an officer's heart or intent is necessary to ascertain that your rights have been violated? The problem appears to be that you simply have no idea what citizens' rights are when dealing with police officers. It doesn't make a single bit of difference what the officer's heart or intent are if the facts of the situation do not support any sort of reasonable suspicion or probable cause to be detained or searched, respectively.

And as for #2, yes, the moment when your rights are being violated is EXACTLY the time and place to engage. Jesus.

I may not have done a good job explaining my POV, but I do not think we disagree on the substance just maybe the nuance. I think where we disagree is that IMHO in most cases a citizen cannot definitively know whether her rights were violated during the actual course of the interaction with a cop. Absolutely she may feel that way, but without cross-examining the cop, there is really no definitive way to adjudicate whether one's rights were violated. I do not believe a citizen is equipped to do so in that moment, which is why I do not really think being a jackass makes much sense. Of course, I really try not be to a jackass all the time, but I realize many disagree. I think there are other ways post-interaction to adjudicate the violations of one's rights. But hey, if you disagree, no skin off my back -> go be a dick to cops and see how that works out for you. I just would always counsel my children to be polite and respectful and deal with it in the right time and place.

• Fuck You 1

Girls should be taught that when their rights are being violated, they should wait until an appropriate time and place to air their grievances.  Standing up to the person stealing their agency and dignity is wrong, that person should be allowed to finish and maintain their station.  

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I may not have done a good job explaining my POV, but I do not think we disagree on the substance just maybe the nuance. I think where we disagree is that IMHO in most cases a citizen cannot definitively know whether her rights were violated during the actual course of the interaction with a cop. Absolutely she may feel that way, but without cross-examining the cop, there is really no definitive way to adjudicate whether one's rights were violated. I do not believe a citizen is equipped to do so in that moment, which is why I do not really think being a jackass makes much sense. Of course, I really try not be to a jackass all the time, but I realize many disagree. I think there are other ways post-interaction to adjudicate the violations of one's rights. But hey, if you disagree, no skin off my back -> go be a dick to cops and see how that works out for you. I just would always counsel my children to be polite and respectful and deal with it in the right time and place.

I thought you said you were a cop?