2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

"big dumpster fire" = Big 12

That’s cute. You’ll have to translate the rest of that weirdo’s code speak. Or not because I don’t care and just move on 1/4th of the way through his posts. 

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Dude.  Hence the, "we'll have two losses and it won't matter" part.  

I'm not even counting down the days to the Big 12 Championship game yet and we have the easiest path to it.

Sorry. I misread you. I totally agree with you. 

My comment wasn’t limited to my perception of your comment; it’s rampant amongst our fan base how much OU’s D sucks and beating them again with a 4-quarter focused Orlando D is a no-brainer. No, it’s not. 

28 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I love our fans’ dismissal of OU. As if they had more time in the Cotton Bowl, there’s no way they would have beaten us. Narrator: they would have beaten us  

Can we beat them again?  Sure. Is it a foregone conclusion that we will?  Are you smoking crack?

And if they had less time in the Cotton Bowl and the game was shorter we would have kicked their ass.

• Like 1

Just now, Bamboozled73 said:

Actually, we would like OU to be highly rated when we beat them in B12 championship for the second time.  Have we ever beat them twice in the same year?

UT and OU are destined to meet in the CCG many times in the coming years, probably every year, until this stupid CCG is eliminated.  TCU is down and Grier is gone, so it's the 2 big dogs forever. 

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah but Michigan.

Yeah. I predict:

1. Bama who goes undefeated (and only remaining unbeaten) and prevents another 1-loss SEC school, having beaten LSU and Georgia en route to 13-0 season. Georgia knocks off Florida and Kentucky to end any long shot talk there  

2. Winner of Mich-OSU game assuming they win B1G. 

3. Big 12 CCG assuming it’s Texas/OU and neither team drops another game. 

4. A one-loss ND team. 

5. A one-loss Clemson team that doesn’t stack up with ND because of SOS. 

In that order, though an impressive OU champ could render them #2 seed though it won’t matter. 

If there is a 2-loss Texas Big 12 champ, then ND moves up to #3, and #4 becomes a battle between one loss Clemson or undefeated UCF. 

3 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

And if they had less time in the Cotton Bowl and the game was shorter we would have kicked their ass.

And we would have kept scoring on them if we had more time. We could have converted that 4th down if there was time and a need to do so. It’s not like they were slowing us down that drive.

2 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Actually, we would like OU to be highly rated when we beat them in B12 championship for the second time.  Have we ever beat them twice in the same year?

I’ve been told yes, but it was a long time ago.

31 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I love our fans’ dismissal of OU. As if they had more time in the Cotton Bowl, there’s no way they would have beaten us. Narrator: they would have beaten us  

Can we beat them again?  Sure. Is it a foregone conclusion that we will?  Are you smoking crack?

I disagree with this. 

Our O line was pushing them around all day. Our receivers were getting open, and our running game was getting chunks, and Sam was in control and playing a great game. I was close enough to see that before the come back, the OU defense had quit. 

Yes, they scored 3 times in quick succession with some huge plays and evened up the score. But that was Tom Herman going into a shell way too early. And Davante Davis getting burned on the edge. 

At the end, when we needed a score, we drove right down and scored again with no problem.

If we play OU again we'll beat them again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

FWIW, ESPN's top two stories on the college football page are:

1) How Ohio State is still in it and,

2) Their power rankings which have OU 5th and Texas 9th.

Based on the game yesterday, Ohio State isn’t done losing, and we will settle the OU matter before the final ratings. 

7 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I disagree with this. 

Our O line was pushing them around all day. Our receivers were getting open, and our running game was getting chunks, and Sam was in control and playing a great game. I was close enough to see that before the come back, the OU defense had quit. 

Yes, they scored 3 times in quick succession with some huge plays and evened up the score. But that was Tom Herman going into a shell way too early. And Davante Davis getting burned on the edge. 

At the end, when we needed a score, we drove right down and scored again with no problem.

If we play OU again we'll beat them again.

I think there is a decent chance we would beat them. I also think there’s a lot of good athletes and coaches over there and we have no idea what team will show up, particularly when matched against us, a team that is still a bit Jekyl and Hyde. 

5 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

We need 6 team playoff with automatic bids for P5 champs and 1 at large bid.

Sigh, then likely controversy would be over the 6th spot...

College hoops also started with a 4 team playoff back in the day imo think.

8-team playoff with 3 at-larges. CCG winners get auto Top 5 seeds. 

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m a novice when it comes to this but I just don’t understand how anybody watched the RRS and thinks OU is a better team than us. 

They’re not, but it’s just fucking hard to beat the same team twice in a season, especially a decent one. We got burned in 1999 & 2001 like that. It’s why this B12 championship game is monumentally stupid.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Yeah, we're jumping the gun for sure. It's just the disrespect. It would be like putting Georgia over LSU right now.

This. Im just over OU always getting the benefit of doubt. This reeks of 2008. It’s like folks are convinced that game was a fluke. Only reason it was close was because we took our foot off the pedal

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This. Im just over OU always getting the benefit of doubt. This reeks of 2008. It’s like folks are convinced that game was a fluke. Only reason it was close was because we took our foot off the pedal

Well, unlike that year we will get another chance to fuck them up if we keep winning.

I know that it is a long shot to begin with, but why in the hell are all the media pundits pinning the Big 12 hopes for a playoff birth on blow u. I guess I must have dreamed us beat that sooner ass for 50 min of our game. 

I am not saying that we are ready for that kind of game, we aren't at all. But it seems as though everyone sees us as lucky to have won that and ou will surely beat us if rematched in the championship game. 

6 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Wtf is meatchicken??

I know who, but why?

With a name like williemackgarza and you don't know?

Ask a migrant from Mexico or South America to repeat Michigan for you and there's a damn good chance you'll get your answer. It would be like most of us pronouncing some city or state in their language that we've never heard of.

Oops, thought I edited my last post.

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

With a name like williemackgarza and you don't know?
Ask a migrant from Mexico or South America to repeat Michigan for you and there's a damn good chance you'll get your answer. It would be like most of us pronouncing some city or state in their language that we've never heard of.
Oops, thought I edited my last post.

U racist bastard, makin fun of spanish speakers.. j/k
So mack,has that syndrome where after repeated rapes the captive victim starts liking the criminal raping that ass?

8 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

U racist bastard, makin fun of spanish speakers.. j/k
So mack,has that syndrome where after repeated rapes the captive victim starts liking the criminal raping that ass?

If only that syndrome had a name so we all knew what you were referring to. Someone should come up with something for that.

• Like 1

I think you guys are over reacting to Mac. He's doing us a favor talking OU up.  He said all that matters. if both teams win out, the winner of the championship game is in.  

and, you missed the elephant in the room, i mean literally the fucking elephant in room. damn mac has gotten HUGE

• Like 2

Andy Staples...... Sports Illustrated..... 10/21/18

PROJECTED PLAYOFF

1. Alabama (8–0)
Last week: 1
Last game: Beat Tennessee, 58–21
Next game: Nov. 3 at LSU

Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s knee seemed fine, and the Crimson Tide were up four touchdowns on Tennessee with 3:31 remaining in the first quarter. Alabama may have a weakness that eventually will get the Crimson Tide beaten, but that weakness has yet to be exposed.

2. Notre Dame (7–0)
Last week: 2
Last game: Beat Pittsburgh, 19–14
Next game: Saturday vs. Navy in San Diego

The Fighting Irish had the week off, and now they’ll embark on the first of two West Coast trips in five weeks with Navy awaiting in one of the U.S. Navy’s favorite cities. The Midshipmen are struggling this year, and with an open date prior to playing Navy, Notre Dame should be ready for the option. But no matter what happens in the game, Notre Dame’s front seven will take a pounding that it must recover from for the stretch run.

3. Clemson (7–0)
Last week: 4
Last game: Beat NC State, 41–7
Next game: Saturday at Florida State

Tigers coach Dabo Swinney offered perhaps the most telling statement after his team finally took advantage of its massive talent advantageagainst a quality opponent. “NC State is a good team,” Swinney told reporters Saturday. “They just ran into a team today that played to its potential. They'll go on to have a good year.” Clemson did finally play to its potential, and the result was the first team we’ve seen this year that looks as if it might be able to go toe to toe against Alabama.

4. Michigan (7–1)
Last week: Unranked
Last game: Beat Michigan State, 21–7
Next game: Nov. 3 vs. Penn State

I have LSU in the No. 4 spot in the Top 10 (Plus One), but since this is a projection, I’m projecting that Alabama beats LSU on Nov. 3 and knocks the Tigers from playoff contention. Should LSU win that game, the Tigers probably would move to No. 1. But for now, the Wolverines will occupy this spot. Michigan’s win at Michigan State was chippy from pregame warmups. After the game, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh called the Spartans’ pregame tactics “bush league” and Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio called Harbaugh’s summation “B.S.” While the clock was running, the game might have been as feisty had Michigan’s defense not held Michigan State to 94 total yards and an 0-of-12 mark on third-down conversions. Michigan’s offensive line protected Shea Patterson well enough and opened holes for tailback Karan Higdon, who gained 144 yards on 33 carries. If Michigan keeps playing this way, it can beat everyone else in the Big Ten. But the road isn’t easy. Penn State, Ohio State and (the Wolverines hope) the Big Ten West champ await.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/10/21/coaching-hot-seat-candidates-bobby-petrino-jeff-brohm

Edited by LTtxfan