Cowboys @ Redskins: Week 7

Vic Mackey

This is great because we're one step closer to a firing of the Dallas Clapper. That being said, moving the ball like that probably happens on half of FG attempts. The guy jumps offsides a good 1-2 seconds after that. Pretty BS call no matter how you cut it. 

Now if Garrett can just get himself fired, we'll be golden. 

I'm all of Garrett being fired tonight. But, it won't matter because no coach worth anything will ever work for Jerry. We'll just get the next puppet in line. That became our reality the day that Jerry's ego couldn't take the fact that Jimmy Johnson was really the smarts of the operation. As long as he's in charge of the team we will be nothing more than average. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm all of Garrett being fired tonight. But, it won't matter because no coach worth anything will ever work for Jerry. We'll just get the next puppet in line. That became our reality the day that Jerry's ego couldn't take the fact that Jimmy Johnson was really the smarts of the operation. As long as he's in charge of the team we will be nothing more than average. 

Hopefully a young unproven coach (Riley cough..cough) would take the chance. 

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I think the past 2 drafts and lack of silly trades and FA signings have shown Jerry's taking a step back. Or, he's changing his MO. 

I think he came to the realization that he would be seen as smarter if he didn't do crazy things in the draft and off-season. Again, all driven by his ego. His MO changed because it got more positive reporting. That hasn't reached his everyday running of the team during  the season. I have no doubt he's dictating all kinds of shit that keep the team from being successful.  Maybe he'll eventually change, but i doubt it. 

19 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I hate myself right now. I get invested every fucking goddamn week. 

that's what happens when you average 8-8 and you choke in the playoffs.  the only silver lining is if we can just crater completely we can get Garrett fired.  the problem is we will have to get lucky because no established coach is going to want to coach for the Jones idiots...

showed the snap replay at halftime of the NBC game.  such BS.  I'd like them to show the redskins FG/XP snapper in the same game.  NFL trying to cover its ass.  watch it will get called next week.  some crew will be tasked to call it.  just like the "defensive holding" in the Texas OSU game.  got called immediately the next game on our opponent.

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Fuck the excuse of the penalty. I’m so fucking sick of this team, jerry and jason

yes everyone is sick of Jerry and Jason,  its more about stupid NFL refs who suck, and are on the take, and not beating the redskins.  I'd be happy with 2-14 and Garrett getting fired as long as the 2 were against the skins.

3 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Hah, really?  The Redskins are so-so but trolling them, Dallas?  You talk about a mediocre team over the last 20 years?  LOL, it's like Missouri saying that Iowa State is their wannabe hapless little brother.  

Today is just another example of how, while Washington is indeed mediocre, Dallas might even be worse than that.

They wanted Dallas.  And they beat them.  

The 'We Want Dallas' thing is nostalgia for George Allen and Joe Gibbs when we used to chant 'We Want Dallas' before some huge matchup in the NFC title game. They have that little Hog there, as if our offensive line has been legendary in the past twenty years.

At some point we have to forget the past and try to find something about the Dan Snyder Redskins to love so we can finally put the 1970s and 1980s in the past. But let's just say easier said than done.

But hey we are still in first place. So there's that.

Edited by Valmy77

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The 'We Want Dallas' thing is nostalgia for George Allen and Joe Gibbs when we used to chant 'We Want Dallas' before some huge matchup in the NFC title game. They have that little Hog there, as if our offensive line has been legendary in the past twenty years.

At some point we have to forget the past and try to find something about the Dan Snyder Redskins to love so we can finally put the 1970s and 1980s in the past. But let's just say easier said than done.

But you’re the Redskins, so you won’t be for very long. 

43 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You'll always have overpriced parking to remind you of the Snyder years!!!  Or that one RG3 year.  Or Joe Gibbs part deux.  Or the myth of the 10 year waiting list for season tickets.  A lot of good stuff....

3 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

8102bd0bd52757216b1fb330f9a7a4f7.jpg

This pretty much says it all. When the clock is running, I don't care how fast you run up to the line of scrimmage, I don't care how fast you call out the next play, you're gonna use a good 20 to 30 fucking seconds - when you've got a time out left. This bastard's whole life has been about football, and he doesn't know when to use that fucking time out. That FG shoulda been a 35-40 yard chip shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Even if he, or someone of worth did take the job, Jerry would not allow him to be successful. 

Your succinct point is the whole point. Kris Richard’s face when Jerry popped into the huddle with Connor McGregor said volumes. There is no fix. Jerry wants full control. The last owner to be this involved was Al Davis. And that worked out well.

Shit.... Tony was calmly explaining why Garrett's clock management was shit during the broadcast.  We had 12 seconds and could have run 3 plays and gained more yardage.  Instead we played for field position for a long 47/8 yard kick, which Garrett seems to think are gimmies.  We lost the yardage and some on the penalty (bullshit it may be) and then missed the kick.  Garrett has been the coach over 8 years now and is still inept at clock management, one of the most important and controllable aspects of being a HC.  It's a joke.  Tony saved his ass all of those years from having to actually think most of the time in 2 minutes.

First of all, completely agree with all of the complaints about clock management and overly conservative play calling. But despite that, the snap penalty was BS.  Whether or not a DL jumps is irrelevant.  If the movement is a false start, it should be called every time.

49 minutes ago, Horndog said:

First of all, completely agree with all of the complaints about clock management and overly conservative play calling. But despite that, the snap penalty was BS.  Whether or not a DL jumps is irrelevant.  If the movement is a false start, it should be called every time.

is anyone looking at the other 31 teams FG/XP snaps?

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

is anyone looking at the other 31 teams FG/XP snaps?

This is something that every single deep snapper at every level does.  

First, when the ball is placed on the ground by the official, it is placed with the laces either up or to one side.  A deep snapper will hold the ball like a QB with their normal throwing hand, but curve that hand underneath the ball (you have to pick the ball up to do this to some extent).  Then you will move the ball slightly forward as you extend your opposite hand to get on top of the ball.

Every. Single. Time.