Don Lemon has a bit of a PR pickle

Parliament

• 4 years later...
24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

My least favorite Fox personality and my least favorite CNN personality fired on the same day?  

This is a good day.

Maybe Trump will choke on a cheeseburger to round it out?

Meh, with our luck.  The simulation will have the cheeseburger "deconstruct" itself in his throat and pass safely into the digestion tract.  

I still think Lemon and Carlson will take to the open road and film their adventures for some sort of youtube series called "Just Veer into Oncoming Traffic and Spare Us"

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

wow, Lemon did nothing wrong here arguing with that pre-FOX nutcase.  I need some substance as to why he was let go. 

Like Brian Stelter before him, Lemon was not a favorite of CNN’s new owners and they were going to get rid of him sooner or later. Watching the meteoric rise of his (Roll Tide) morning co anchor gives some indication of the direction CNN is headed.

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

wow, Lemon did nothing wrong here arguing with that pre-FOX nutcase.  I need some substance as to why he was let go. 

Agree.  Don is an asshole and has said some questionable stuff, but that interview wasn’t one of them.  That being said, I’m glad he’s gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

what questionable stuff, and why are you glad? 

per Forbes & USA Today:
September 7, 2022
Lemon was criticized for askingCNN political commentator S.E. Cupp if she was suffering from “mommy brain” and losing their “train of thought.”
Is it fair to say this, because I’m not a mommy, but is it mommy brain?" he asked Cupp.  Cupp replied, "No, Don. I just forgot what I was going to say."

December 1, 2022Lemon was heavily criticized for sexist on-screen comments about the gender pay gap in professional sports, in which he claimed players on the men’s U.S. soccer team earn more than their female counterparts because “people are more interested in the men,” and insisted he is not inherently sexist because he grew up in a house with women.

February 16, 2023Lemon was suspended from CNN This Morning after claiming 2024 GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley—who argued older politicians should face mental competency tests—“isn’t in her prime” because “a woman is considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s, and maybe 40s”—

In 2014, Lemon suggested to actress Joan Tarshis who alleged sexual assault by Bill Cosby during an interview how she might've avoided being raped."You – you know, there are ways not to perform oral sex if you didn't want to do it," he told her on air. Tarshis responded: "Oh. Um, I was kind of stoned at the time, and quite honestly, that didn't even enter my mind. Now I wish it would have."Lemon later apologized.

Now not on the level of Tucker, but he just seemed a little smarmy and pompous to me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

He was very meh to me and was not a fan of his delivery…but I got to say the soccer one is a valid statement and he just said what everyone is thinking.

And the last 2 are actually funny. 

No, not really. He is only interested in the shitty US men's team because he likes fucking men. Not because they are worth a shit compared to the US women's team.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hosting an opinion show in primetime is much different than hosting a morning news show. I'm sure he was aware of that but his style didn't adjust. You can still question the guests with hard hitting questions but it can't be the same.

And when you lose the support of your co-hosts (calling them past their prime) you're done.