Random Tires doing random tire things

mulletpelini

csb/ the only time I've ever run out of gas in my car was right in front of a gas station. I literally rolled to a stop at the pump. 

I had a 2001 F250 with a diesel engine. Ran it out of diesel ONCE. Monster pita with those older engines.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:56 AM, NorthLoop said:

csb/ the only time I've ever run out of gas in my car was right in front of a gas station. I literally rolled to a stop at the pump. 

I once got a flat tire right in front of a tire store.

Fuckers refused to loan me their speed jack, so I had to tear apart the trunk to get out the wobbly POS for roadside emergencies

• Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tire falls off United flight departing SFO, crushing several vehicles in parking lot, company says

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A tire fell off a United Airlines flight departing from San Francisco International Airport to Osaka, Japan Thursday morning, officials confirmed.

"At approximately 11:35 a.m., United Flight 35 departing to Osaka lost a portion of landing gear tire during takeoff," a United representative said.

The tire debris landed in one of the airport's employee parking lots. There were no injuries reported, but SKY7 was over the scene, where police placed caution tape around cars that appeared to be hit by the tire.

14501073_030724-kgo-united-flight-tire-d

In a statement, United Airlines said the flight was diverted to LAX where it landed safely. The company says crews are now working to arrange a new aircraft to take passengers to Osaka on Thursday evening.

United said the flight had 235 customers, 10 flight attendants and four pilots -- for a total 249 people on board.

"The 777-200 has six tires on each of its two main landing gear struts. The aircraft is designed to land safely with missing or damaged tires," the airline said.

Officials say the runway was briefly closed to clear debris, but was soon reopened, with no further impact to airport operations anticipated.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) released a statement saying it will investigate this incident.

Video of it falling at link: https://abc7news.com/united-flight-tire-falls-off-sfo-lax/14501038/

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...