Kids the days...

Sbbruin

2 stories.  WTF?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/volusia-florida-teen-killed-mother-arguing-over-bad-grade-police/

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Authorities say a 15-year-old Florida boy strangled his mother after getting into an argument over a bad grade he received. Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood told CBS affiliate WKMG-TV Gregory Ramos was arrested early Saturday after the body of 46-year-old Gail Cleavenger was found buried under a nearby church's fire pit.

Investigators say Ramos killed her after they argued about his school grades. Chitwood said the boy is one of the "top three sociopaths" he has ever encountered, calling him a "soulless individual."

Chitwood says he faces murder charges. It was unclear Saturday if he has a lawyer to represent him. 

ramos-crop-960x540-000.jpg

Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood shows a photo of Gregory Ramos.

WKMG

After the killing, authorities say the boy called friends to help him make it look like someone had burglarized the home. The boy initially told deputies his mother was missing.

"To watch how cold and callous and calculating he was, I think was probably the most shocking thing for all of us," Chitwood said. "No sign of remorse whatsoever."

The two 17-year-old friends face multiple charges.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family of Cleavenger.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/11-year-old-boy-killed-grandmother-self-after-she-asked-him-to-clean-room-police-say/

LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. -- Investigators say an 11-year-old Phoenix-area boy shot and killed his grandmother and then turned the gun on himself because he was upset over being asked to clean his room, reports CBS affiliate KPHO.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's office said the 65-year-old woman and her husband had repeatedly asked the boy throughout the day to clean his room Saturday in their Litchfield Park home because he wouldn't do it, the station reports. When the couple sat down to watch television around 5 p.m., the boy allegedly came up behind his grandmother and shot her in the head.

The woman's husband told deputies he ran after the boy, but then returned to his wife and tried to help her. He then heard a gunshot, saw the boy take a few steps and then collapse, the station reports.

The gun belonged to the man and the couple had full custody of the boy, MCSO Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez told the station. Enriquez said there was no indication the boy would harm himself or anyone else.

Neighbors told KPHO they often saw the boy playing outside the home. Neighbor Danny Dillon said the family was friendly and always waved as he came and went.

"You have that neighborly connection but your heart just wishes that you had more and you could've done more, you could've seen something or said something," Dillon said. 

A guy I went to jr high with killed his dad and buried him in the backyard over driving the family car.  Might have overreacted.

Spoiler

A 17-year-old Encino honor student was sentenced in Van Nuys Superior Court Monday to custody of the California Youth Authority for killing his father during an argument over the family car. He will be released within seven years.

Stewart Buskirk, who was enrolled in advanced classes at Birmingham High School in Van Nuys and said he still hopes to attend medical school, pleaded guilty in November to a second-degree murder charge for shooting his father in the back of the head last May. Superior Court Judge James Albracht, who sentenced the youth Monday, said Buskirk could have received 17 years to life in state prison.

Officials Cited Cooperation

Albracht cited Buskirk's "youth, intelligence, willingness and ability to cooperate" as reasons for turning him over to the youth authority instead of sentencing him to state prison. Deputy Dist. Atty. Robert Imerman, who prosecuted the case, said the authority cannot hold Buskirk, who turns 18 this May, past the age of 25. There is no minimum sentence and the authority determines whether Buskirk will be eligible for earlier release.

The youth killed 49-year-old John Buskirk, an attorney for a Sylmar company that manufactures high-technology medical equipment, on May 6 with a handgun from an extensive firearms collection the elder Buskirk kept at the five-bedroom Encino home he and the boy shared. John Buskirk's badly decomposed body was found nine days later in a shallow grave in the backyard of the home on Royal Hills Drive.

Court records show that Buskirk reported his father missing the day after the murder and withdrew $90,000 from the elder Buskirk's money market account later that day, telling a bank employee that the money was to pay for his medical school tuition at UCLA. The money was deposited in a checking account and later recovered by authorities.

According to probation and psychological reports, the boy said his father frequently argued with him over his driving the family's Audi without permission. Buskirk told officials he "lost control in an emotional situation" when he shot his father.

"I'm really sorry for what I did. I could never do such a thing again," Buskirk was quoted as telling probation officials. "My dad is gone . . . I only hope I can live my life in a way to make it up to him."

18 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Cool, cool... Ya’ll hear about the 11 y/o who shot his grandma then himself after an argument over cleaning his room two days ago?

So you're saying this may have already been addressed here?  Cuz no, I hadn't heard.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

A guy I went to jr high with killed his dad and buried him in the backyard over driving the family car.  Might have overreacted.

Hide contents

A 17-year-old Encino honor student was sentenced in Van Nuys Superior Court Monday to custody of the California Youth Authority for killing his father during an argument over the family car. He will be released within seven years.

Stewart Buskirk, who was enrolled in advanced classes at Birmingham High School in Van Nuys and said he still hopes to attend medical school, pleaded guilty in November to a second-degree murder charge for shooting his father in the back of the head last May. Superior Court Judge James Albracht, who sentenced the youth Monday, said Buskirk could have received 17 years to life in state prison.

Officials Cited Cooperation

Albracht cited Buskirk's "youth, intelligence, willingness and ability to cooperate" as reasons for turning him over to the youth authority instead of sentencing him to state prison. Deputy Dist. Atty. Robert Imerman, who prosecuted the case, said the authority cannot hold Buskirk, who turns 18 this May, past the age of 25. There is no minimum sentence and the authority determines whether Buskirk will be eligible for earlier release.

The youth killed 49-year-old John Buskirk, an attorney for a Sylmar company that manufactures high-technology medical equipment, on May 6 with a handgun from an extensive firearms collection the elder Buskirk kept at the five-bedroom Encino home he and the boy shared. John Buskirk's badly decomposed body was found nine days later in a shallow grave in the backyard of the home on Royal Hills Drive.

Court records show that Buskirk reported his father missing the day after the murder and withdrew $90,000 from the elder Buskirk's money market account later that day, telling a bank employee that the money was to pay for his medical school tuition at UCLA. The money was deposited in a checking account and later recovered by authorities.

According to probation and psychological reports, the boy said his father frequently argued with him over his driving the family's Audi without permission. Buskirk told officials he "lost control in an emotional situation" when he shot his father.

"I'm really sorry for what I did. I could never do such a thing again," Buskirk was quoted as telling probation officials. "My dad is gone . . . I only hope I can live my life in a way to make it up to him."

I'd be pretty worried about that kid. That's much too calm of a statement.