Notre Dame will represent the B1G, ACC, and Pac12 in CFP

Zavala

The Coliseum will be 65-35 Notre Dame to USC fans next week. The fanbase has checked out this year. The only way I see Notre Dame losing is if the team rallies around Helton like Texas kept doing for Mack. But it's fait accompli and everyone knows it. You don't lose to 3-7 UCLA. Not with your resources. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

ND will beat Clemson in the semis, to face Bama for the title.

I'm hoping for tOSU to beat Michigan so WSU can sneak in there, but have to beat UW in the Apple first. 

ND Clemson would be a fun matchup, but Bama would blow their doors off.

so i guess the chances for WSU Leach to CFP are nil.

suppose tOSU beats Michigan and wins the B1G CCG to go 12-1.  OU loses to WV, so no Big12.  Bama, Clemson, ND are solid 3 spots.

WSU beats UW and Utah goes 12-1 also, only loss a close one @ USC with some very bad officiating. tOSU has a quality win vs. Mich but lost to Purdue badly.

So, WSU vs. tOSU, they'll pick the Buckeyes right? 

suppose tOSU beats Michigan and wins the B1G CCG to go 12-1.  OU loses to WV, so no Big12.  Bama, Clemson, ND are solid 3 spots.
WSU beats UW and Utah goes 12-1 also, only loss a close one @ USC with some very bad officiating. tOSU has a quality win vs. Mich but lost to Purdue badly.

No way committee picks Wazzu over tPOSU in that scenario. And it’d be a travesty.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

ND will beat Clemson in the semis, to face Bama for the title.

I'm hoping for tOSU to beat Michigan so WSU can sneak in there, but have to beat UW in the Apple first. 

Bama vs ND would be as big of a snoozefest as their matchup in 2012. Same goes for Michigan. Which is why I'll be rooting for Ohio St to knock them out next week.

11 minutes ago, NowThis said:

At the end of the game last night ESPN said the chances were 1.9% whatever that means.  

I'll def be happy if the consolation prize is the Rose Bowl... 

Edited by SDG

31 minutes ago, NowThis said:

No way would they take Ohio State over Washington State in that scenario.   Close loss to USC >>>> getting thumped by Purdue.     Even if they beat Michigan, I still don't see tOSU getting in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Bama vs ND would be as big of a snoozefest as their matchup in 2012. Same goes for Michigan. Which is why I'll be rooting for Ohio St to knock them out next week.

Ohio St would get destroyed by Bama worse than Michigan would. They are not good this year. But Michigan isn't walking out of Columbus with a W anytime soon, so it's likely tOSU is getting in. Wazzu won't even get ranked higher than 6 or 7 no matter what, neither will UCF. Awesome "playoff" system we have here. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Ohio St would get destroyed by Bama worse than Michigan would. They are not good this year. But Michigan isn't walking out of Columbus with a W anytime soon, so it's likely tOSU is getting in. Wazzu won't even get ranked higher than 6 or 7 no matter what, neither will UCF. Awesome "playoff" system we have here. 

I am rooting for Ohio St to simply knock out Michigan. Ohio St is not sniffing a playoff this year. So I am not rooting for them in hopes they make it. 

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

The Coliseum will be 65-35 Notre Dame to USC fans next week. The fanbase has checked out this year. The only way I see Notre Dame losing is if the team rallies around Helton like Texas kept doing for Mack. But it's fait accompli and everyone knows it. You don't lose to 3-7 UCLA. Not with your resources. 

I would not be surprised if USC pulls the upset. The only reason I say that is because they’re sitting at 5-6 and this is a trap game for ND because USC has nothing lose, only something to gain. 

I would not be surprised if USC pulls the upset. The only reason I say that is because they’re sitting at 5-6 and this is a trap game for ND because USC has nothing lose, only something to gain. 
I highly doubt that USC is a trap game for notre dame, lol.

27 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

USC has nothing lose, only something to gain. 

USC always has something to lose. They are a blue blood. Pretty sure they don't have many 5-7 non-bowl eligible seasons in their history - despite having just fired the coach or not.

The best way this year to make progress towards getting this joke of a playoff expanded would be for the committee to choose UGA, Bama, Clemson, and ND.  B1G frozen out 2 years in a row, Pac feels shafted, and maybe the B12(sic) finally figuring out they'll keep getting screwed even if we didn't have a good candidate this year.

Probably still won't sway the idiot presidents yet, but would stir the pot.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

The best way this year to make progress towards getting this joke of a playoff expanded would be for the committee to choose UGA, Bama, Clemson, and ND.  B1G frozen out 2 years in a row, Pac feels shafted, and maybe the B12(sic) finally figuring out they'll keep getting screwed even if we didn't have a good candidate this year.

The B1G getting left out repeatedly will make the biggest waves, I think.

no one respects the PAC including most of their fans, and B12 is by and large viewed as the "no defense" league even if it's only a half truth. 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

And Notre Dame getting in and taking up a playoff spot is a big part of making this happen.  Now if we can get UGA to pull off the miracle upset of BAMA, then we can break out the popcorn and hear the bitching from those 3 conferences 

• Fuck You 2

15 hours ago, GottaB said:

How will they replace Clemson in the playoffs?

Clempson has to play coach Boom then probably Pitt twice. They almost lost to assTmouth so they can be beat.

My only miscalculation was OSU beating WVU. Since now either WVU or us will knock chokelahoma out. It's going to be crazy.

Imagine if Clemson, and Mishitgan lose. Then Gawgia gets throttled by Bammer. We beat blowU. I guess probably tOSU will jump UCF, Washington St. for the 3 spot. But then does one of those get the 4 spot or do they try LSU or Gawgia?

19 hours ago, NowThis said:

you only have to add one more step to your scenario to get WSU in-- Northwestern beats Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game. WSU can get into the playoff, you just need to take the Big 12 and B1G champions out of the equation and that's not hard to do. If Northwestern wins the B1G and the Big 12 champion is anything other than a one-loss OU, it comes down to WSU and the 2nd best SEC team, and I think WSU would get in over a two-loss Georgia (one of its losses being a 20-pt loss to LSU), or two-loss LSU (29-0 loser to Alabama).

I actually think Michigan can beat Alabama. We will probably find out too because Michigan is going to stomp Ohio State this weekend. Bad. Like 41-14 bad. Ohio State is like the 1980 version of Muhammad Ali at this point.

15 hours ago, Dewey said:
16 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I highly doubt that USC is a trap game for notre dame, lol.

In no universe ever is this a trap game. No matter what the records are, this is our date at the Texas State Fair.  Fuck the trojans.

4 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

In no universe ever is this a trap game. No matter what the records are, this is our date at the Texas State Fair.  Fuck the trojans.

Historians are out in force to remind us that many of the heartbreakers [screwjobs] in the Coliseum were administered by very weak Trojan teams. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Fart said:

No way would they take Ohio State over Washington State in that scenario.   Close loss to USC >>>> getting thumped by Purdue.     Even if they beat Michigan, I still don't see tOSU getting in.  

I see you're new to college football.

12 hours ago, Zavala said:

Clempson has to play coach Boom then probably Pitt twice. They almost lost to assTmouth so they can be beat.

WTF are you talking about? Play Pitt twice? And as far as "almost losing" to aggy goes, Clemson is a markedly different team now than they were when they won in College Station. They've been absolutely steamrolling teams.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

WTF are you talking about? Play Pitt twice? And as far as "almost losing" to aggy goes, Clemson is a markedly different team now than they were when they won in College Station. They've been absolutely steamrolling teams.

Ah, I thought Pitt was their last regular season game and the championship game. Forgot we are the only conference that sucks so much shit we always will have to play teams twice in the CCG.

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ah, I thought Pitt was their last regular season game and the championship game. Forgot we are the only conference that sucks so much shit we always will have to play teams twice in the CCG.

By far the stupidest thing the Big 12 does. I don't care that it might help us slip into the conference championship game this weekend. It's unnecessary.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

By far the stupidest thing the Big 12 does. I don't care that it might help us slip into the conference championship game this weekend. It's unnecessary.

They advertise it as a good thing. They also advertise with lasers and 2007 robot music.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dphG/big-12-conference-every-game-matters

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

I want Wazzu in since that would represent a good world.  But we don't live in that world.  

Then, imagine, Wazzu scores like 80 on bammer in the semi's.  ESPN would implode. I could enjoy that for years.

Imagine Nick Satan SCREAMING at the referee, THEY HAVE TO RUN THE BALL AT LEAST ONCE IT'S NOT FAIR, THEY HAVE TO HUDDLE MY GUYS ARE TIRED OUT THERE!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I cannot break the tie of CCG stupidity.   The best team either

plays a team that dodged tough inter-divisional games,

or

grants a rematch to a team they already beat 

seems just like different variations of an equally dumb money grab.

16 hours ago, Zavala said:

My only miscalculation was OSU beating WVU. Since now either WVU or us will knock chokelahoma out. It's going to be crazy.

Imagine if Clemson, and Mishitgan lose. Then Gawgia gets throttled by Bammer. We beat blowU. I guess probably tOSU will jump UCF, Washington St. for the 3 spot. But then does one of those get the 4 spot or do they try LSU or Gawgia?

I don't think you included enough insufferable spellings of other teams in this post. 

• Haha 1