Jump to content

Русский корабль - иди нахуй


Eastwood

Recommended Posts

On 5/13/2022 at 9:03 AM, Chad Fuck said:

The exasperation on their faces.  The defeated look, the slumped shoulders...

What does the 2021 Longhorn football team have to do with Russia and the Ukraine??

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

That then is tied back to some of the brutality you see by the Russian forces because they are now filled with rage and some will inevitably turn that rage against the populace since they cannot channel it towards mother Russia and the officers core…

This is true, but it only enhances behavior the Russian orcs would be doing anyway. Units were brought in specifically because they have, and will continue to, commit the worst atrocities they can think of. 

Russia is a war crimes nation. Their history is riddled with rampant crimes against humanity. Crimes against humanity are a feature, not a bug. Their warfare is stuck on Mongol Horde mode, minus all the competence. 

  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:


How can you see what’s going and think “you know, now’s the time to join up with these chucklefucks. Their inspiring competence in leadership and action is exactly what we need.”

Georgia may just let them go and raise their national IQ average by 20 points.

It’s probably Georgia the US state that’s holding the referendum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

This is why the disinformation war is such a major deal during all of this. In essence Russia has been rolling to the front a bunch of Cletus’s from circa 1950s Appalachian out there with no real way to get any accurate information. All they know is what the officers tell them and everything they see on the battlefield has to be viewed through a lens of disinformation.

This is also why they are most likely seeing chaos on the front line when these dudes start to realize they have been lied to and they are now fighting not for the glory of the country, but just to keep their kin alive and try to get back home.

That then is tied back to some of the brutality you see by the Russian forces because they are now filled with rage and some will inevitably turn that rage against the populace since they cannot channel it towards mother Russia and the officers core…

We are closing in on 550 verified Russian officers killed in Ukraine, and the numbers are probably much higher, since there are so many unidentified bodies (burned/destroyed) or abandoned in hastily dug graves.

While we know the Ukrainians are looking for officers to kill, and the Russian military model puts officers at higher risk because they are doing the duties of NCOs and junior officers, I’m wondering if there are more than a handful of officers being fragged by their own men.  

So many of these Russian units are scattered about and some of those officers maybe the only officers for miles around. It.  Somebody willing to casually rape and kill civilians would have no problem killing an officer who put their lives in danger.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In terms of Turkey balking on NATO, clearly they are wanting to see Russia knocked down quite a few notches, and have been supplying a streaky stream of drones.

I know here is some bad blood, but I’m leaning towards them wanting some deals on weapons systems.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In terms of Turkey balking on NATO, clearly they are wanting to see Russia knocked down quite a few notches, and have been supplying a streaky stream of drones.

I know here is some bad blood, but I’m leaning towards them wanting some deals on weapons systems.

They’ve already come out today and signaled they want something done about PKK in Sweden and Finland. My bet is that Erdogan will end up settling for some public assurances of talks on the issue in exchange for admission now. I don’t think that military tech is their main issue. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-14-22/index.html

Quote

Swedish foreign minister to meet with Turkish counterpart about Ankara's reservations on NATO membershiP. From CNN’s Pierre Meilhan and Per Nyberg

Sweden's Foreign Minister Ann Linde said Saturday she now expects to have a bilateral meeting with her Turkish counterpart, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, after Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Friday he is not looking at Finland's and Sweden's moves to join NATO "positively," accusing both counties of housing Kurdish "terrorist organizations."

Quote

Çavuşoğlu has said Ankara's stance is clear: "Those countries should not support PKK/YPG terrorist groups," according to the Turkish state-run news agency Anadolu on Saturday.

The PKK, or Kurdistan Worker's Party, which seeks an independent state in Turkey, has been in an armed struggle with Turkey for decades and has been designated a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union.

Quote

Following Saturday's informal meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Berlin, Linde said in comments to Swedish broadcaster SVT that "we have a very good and constructive relationship." 

"We have met several times before, and we have never heard of any problems in case we were to apply for NATO membership. But now, there are new signals from the president. So I will try to get to the bottom of what this is about and if there are any misunderstandings," she said. 

Quote

Meanwhile, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Saturday that he spoke with Linde, as well as Finland's President Sauli Niinistö and Finnish Foreign Affairs Minister Pekka Haavisto, ahead of Sunday's formal NATO ministerial meeting in Berlin. Stoltenberg said via Twitter that "Finland and Sweden are our closest partners, and we discussed developments regarding their possible applications for membership. NATO enlargement has been a historic success."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, ABSR said:

Tell us you've never served without telling us you've never served.

Never served. Readily admit that. 

I've spoken with plenty of family and friends about combat. Some tell more than others. Did a research paper on Vietnam combat. I know a Tunnel Rat. I've interviewed people with disfigured faces. Interviewed a helicopter pilot. Everyone of them has said rescue of a brother (live or dead) was the most dangerous thing they did.  All of them.

I know the custom. I get it.

That doesn't make the math not be the math.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Never served. Readily admit that. 

I've spoken with plenty of family and friends about combat. Some tell more than others. Did a research paper on Vietnam combat. I know a Tunnel Rat. I've interviewed people with disfigured faces. Interviewed a helicopter pilot. Everyone of them has said rescue of a brother (live or dead) was the most dangerous thing they did.  All of them.

I know the custom. I get it.

That doesn't make the math not be the math.

Well, your math sucks because you leave out one important variable. If it's SOP not to retrieve your  dead/wounded you won't have future fighters.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

1200 tanks is unfathomable. They only had roughly 2000 operational in the entire fucking military 

Additionally, because of their turret pop-design flaw, the vast majority of those tank crews are dead and difficult to replace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

When is someone on the Russian side gonna get the courage to tell Putin that they need to stop or they literally won’t have an army in 4 months.

A tyrant can never depend on honest advice, because they wage a relentless war on truth. Anyone who tries to tell him would be risking his wrath.

If Putin is still alive in 4 months, he'll be sitting in a bunker moving imaginary divisions.

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pods said:

Additionally, because of their turret pop-design flaw, the vast majority of those tank crews are dead and difficult to replace. 

Oh that's not really a problem. They don't have any more working tanks to crew.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the book nerds.

US delegation today actually walked around Kyiv.  I'm surprised Russia didn't pop off a few missiles at Kyiv, given that they are ramping up the anti-US messaging.

Then again, there are now dozens of re-opened embassies in Kyiv, so maybe that's a bit of a buffer.

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nearly 2,000 cases of "discrediting the armed forces" cases filed by the Russian government have been verified.

Great response: "“Discrediting the armed forces”? Aren’t they doing a good enough job of it all by themselves?"

So aggy-like

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some brief glimpses of DIY drones being used in Myanmar - similar setups in Ukraine, which is why you will see the mortars/grenades swinging into the view of the camera when the drone stops and the operator prepares to drop the munition.

Those appears to be DIY firing pins/fuses/etc., and I'd be nervous as hell to be handling those.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels like we will find out that the artillery we sent over was used heavily around Kharkiv.  It's use in that area been mentioned here and there, but this major defeat of the Russians makes me think a lot of it was concentrated around Kharkiv.  

If that's the case, and it changed the game that much around Kharkiv, they now have a lot of actual combat experience with that arty, and yeah, the Russians will ramp up their anti-American rhetoric, because it has a better range than a lot of the Russian stuff, and the Russians have got to be low on MLRS munitions.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Feels like we will find out that the artillery we sent over was used heavily around Kharkiv.  It's use in that area been mentioned here and there, but this major defeat of the Russians makes me think a lot of it was concentrated around Kharkiv.  

If that's the case, and it changed the game that much around Kharkiv, they now have a lot of actual combat experience with that arty, and yeah, the Russians will ramp up their anti-American rhetoric, because it has a better range than a lot of the Russian stuff, and the Russians have got to be low on MLRS munitions.

Definitely looks like it. Likely contributed to the BTG they wiped out at the river crossing. Orcs probably thought they were in the clear from artillery for another few KM at least. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

Definitely looks like it. Likely contributed to the BTG they wiped out at the river crossing. Orcs probably thought they were in the clear from artillery for another few KM at least. 

Also read Ukrainian air strikes where a part of it. Which is still blows my mind even after ~80 days. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10% still seems really bad for The World's Best Military Superpower!

Plus, Russians will probably automatically at least double that percentage based on their experience with the Russian government.

I wonder if those bloggers are somehow able to remain anonymous because that seems like a grounds for arresting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

10% still seems really bad for The World's Best Military Superpower!

Plus, Russians will probably automatically at least double that percentage based on their experience with the Russian government.

I wonder if those bloggers are somehow able to remain anonymous because that seems like a grounds for arresting them.

Literal decimation...and they are saying that like it's a good thing. Fucking wow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...