But Whatabout the Clinton Foundation /FChorn

Bozo_Casanova

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Until very recently this alone would have most likely forced a President to resign in disgrace.  Instead this is the minor footnote while people wait to see what happens with the real scandals.

And again, I know Trump wouldn’t release tax returns and was cagey about his private info in the campaign, but how does none of this come out while he was running?  Those fabled political opposition researchers must be the most incompetent people in the world if they couldn’t expose the blatant fraud of the most obvious con man in the world.  

Instead it was “OMG - did you hear what he said about Megyn Kelly!”  Yeah, dipshit, the only reason his people like him is because he doesn’t adhere to political correctness, so by all means highlight that instead of following up on 40 years of crookedness, likely criminal activity, and stealing from charities.

seriously. 

this is where we are as a country. 

we are at the point where an actual sitting president's charity has been exposed as a self-dealing fraud. the charity is therefore dissolving. 

i mean, no big deal, right?

jesus christ.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Until very recently this alone would have most likely forced a President to resign in disgrace.  Instead this is the minor footnote while people wait to see what happens with the real scandals.

And again, I know Trump wouldn’t release tax returns and was cagey about his private info in the campaign, but how does none of this come out while he was running?  Those fabled political opposition researchers must be the most incompetent people in the world if they couldn’t expose the blatant fraud of the most obvious con man in the world.  

Instead it was “OMG - did you hear what he said about Megyn Kelly!”  Yeah, dipshit, the only reason his people like him is because he doesn’t adhere to political correctness, so by all means highlight that instead of following up on 40 years of crookedness, likely criminal activity, and stealing from charities.

It did come out during the campaign.  None of these scandals (at least that I can think of, but JFC there's a lot of them), were some post-campaign surprise.  This was all out there.  It's just that there was so much, and it was ignored and downplayed by half the country, that no one can remember.  It's like if there's treason, fraud, and witness tampering in plain sight that we can all see, well it somehow doesn't exist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-donald-trump-retooled-his-charity-to-spend-other-peoples-money/2016/09/10/da8cce64-75df-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html?utm_term=.c79cf23f8501

Trump is a con artist.  Smart people know this.  Other people fell for his scams for a variety of reasons (stupidity, desperation, partisan rancor), and are now compelled by human psychology to continue doubling down on their misplaced faith until it all blows up in spectacular fashion.  

“Fake News!”  “Deep State!”  “Everyone does it!”  “They’re so unfair to him!”  Those are all coping mechanisms of duped marks.  It’s really depressing how many citizens of the greatest nation in the history of the world are so fucking gullible.  It’s like taking a poll of coworkers and learning that 40% believe in the Easter Bunny.  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump has a long and troubled past that is documented, in the public record and has been properly investigated.  During the election it was a major failing of main stream news organizations to openly expose his know and fraudulent actions.  Threat of litigation was certainly a factor, but the overwhelming cause was reluctance to open up a complex subject (that the general public would find difficult to understand) when Trump was handing out all of this other low hanging fruit, which in the end served only as slight of hand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Czechoslovakian and Slovenian.

It's weird though because Stormy Daniels is a big titted German American chick. And I think that's what he really wants. A sloppy Playboy model. Like Ivanka.

Why he married who he did seems odd to me.

I was talking to a buddy last night who helps a local coffee joint cater big events.  The night after the election, he served Karl Rove, and said that Rove was telling another guest that Trump is smarter than he looks, and to basically pray for the future of our country.  Now, I think Rove is evil, and he's definitely a political animal who should never be trusted about anything, but I find that a remarkable thing to say.

37 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously. 

we are at the point where an actual sitting president's charity has been exposed as a self-dealing fraud. the charity is therefore dissolving. 

jesus christ.

Every. Fucking. Day. I honestly don’t understand how this isn’t affecting him politically in any way. Why aren’t Dems shouting in the media and going on tv shows about this shit? Where is the outrage? Seems every congress person is just waiting on Mueller and abdicating any oversight 

48 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously. 

jesus christ.

This will all be forgotten in time for the next Democratic President.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

At this point unless Mueller comes out with the equivalent of a smoking gun that Trump is a Russian spy, it almost seems like having Mueller around is a benefit to Trump for precisely this reason.  Everyone else just sits on the sidelines and says wait for Mueller when numerous things already would have had most politicians tarred and feathered.  Mueller is cover for everyone else to be weaklings, or lazy, or whatever and to not stick their own necks out.

it's pretty clear that mueller's principal target is much larger than the little pimple pus that trump represents.

Y'all remember how I keep saying "nothing matters?"

Well.....nothing matters.  Remember how the Clinton Foundation issue alone -- where there was evidence that contributions to a charitable foundation, that by all accounts, were used for actual charitable purposes, but they were solicited in exchange for access to the ear of the SOS -- was, all by itself, enough to disqualify Hillary from office? (And, by the way, I agree that it was very problematic).  The allegation wasn't that it was just a vehicle for grift and bribes.  Just that it was improperly used to require folks to contribute to her preferred charity in order to get access.

Now, we have a president who has had TWO enterprises shut down as utter frauds, bilking people out of millions for his personal benefit, and.....nothing.  Not even a blip on the radar screen.

Say it with me, folks -- "NOTHING MATTERS."  You know it's true.  Every event that passes just proves it again, and again, and again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.  When the facts are against you, argue the law.  When the facts and the law are against you, go with the Terrelle Pryor “everybody steals” defense and use Al Sharpton as an example.

It is great how the whataboutism mentality forces them to equate their cult hero with the people they have hated for 30 years.  “Hillary Clinton and Al Sharpton are destroying America and have enraged me for decades!  Donald Trump is nothing like them!  Except he’s just like them in every way!  But that’s what makes it ok!”

thank you. the perfect post.