2018 Alabama might be better than 2005 Texas...but it's a different era of college football

Goo Punch

7 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Wasn't Derka the one slobbering all over Johnny Manziel's cock and saying how he wished we had him over Ash back in September 2012?

actually, that isn't a bad take.  Kind of amazing to have 4 Texas QBs win the Heisman in the last 8 seasons. 

10 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Wasn't Derka the one slobbering all over Johnny Manziel's cock and saying how he wished we had him over Ash back in September 2012?

So wanting a Heisman trophy QB who was pretty damn good in college over Ash is wrong? Yeah, give me Manziel over Ash any day of the week. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So wanting a Heisman trophy QB who was pretty damn good in college over Ash is wrong? Yeah, give me Manziel over Ash any day of the week. 

Would never have worked at Texas.  Even at aggy they had to keep him away from campus and turn a blind eye to a bunch of issues just to keep Johnnie FUBAR eligible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well Mack did think he'd make a great db.....

Edited by SHOOTER12

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So if Sam wins it, you won't take it seriously?

You've missed the point.

If Sam wins it, it'll be a great trend reversal from the likes of Johnny Manziel (drug addict, racial slur slinger), Jameis Winston (rapist, thief), Baker Mayfield (Arkansas police tackle gif, theatrical idiot), and Kyler Murray (arguably the biggest pussy to play the sport of college football).

You can have Johnny Manziel. I'd rather have someone else wear burnt orange. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't need to, that's all she ever talks about. Shooter's little cock this and Shooter's little cock that, I keep saying Mom if it's that small stop blowing him behind the Piggly Wiggly but she needs $$$ for her scratchoffs

200.gif

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's become more of a team award.  I would take it as validation that Texas is baaaack in Sam's words.

As a best player award the Heisman jumped the shark a long time ago.

So does that mean aggy was actually relevant? and raplelor was relevant? and, fuckou was doubly relevant? This sucks.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, Goo Punch said:

First off, 2005 Texas is the greatest team of all time, led by the greatest player of all time. Period. Second, this is just a totally different era of college football, and the fact is that the 2005 Texas roster would CRUSH shit in today's game. Imagine the different ways we could deploy and utilizie an offesnive backfield of VY, Ramonce, Jamaal, Selvin, and Ahmard Hall, not to mention David Thomas, three NFL O linemen, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, etc. And a defense featuring, what, 9 future NFL players? More? Stupid talent.

So yeah, 2005 Texas may still be the greatest team ever, but this Bama team is as good as I've seen since then. Clemson is pretty fucking ridiculous too. The guys who will play for the national title this year were in first and second grade when the 2005 team conquered the mighty Trojans. The game today is so different; players are bigger and faster yet also somehow sleeker and smaller, depending on which position group you're talking about. D linemen are smaller, offenses are faster and more modern, every team has a QB who can run (thanks to #10). Point being, even though it's less than two decades later, it's hard to compare teams across eras, and these two teams to in fact lay in different eras. All I know is it would be a helluva game if they could somehow sqaure off.

No

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

yeah i did say that manziel was better than Ash after Manziel had played one college game, and I was right, just as I have been right many many times before (I predicted we'd win 10 this year, I called Texas vs ND, Texas vs NU, Shaka Smart, Jarrett Allen, Texas hoops the last several years, and so on and so forth). In this thread however I was wrong- way wrong- just as I have been many many times before. When you have the guts to consistently put your opinions out there like I do that's how it's going to go. some are right and some are wrong. The two main things I take away from this thread are:

1)Whole lotta people in here talking mess who never have the gumption to make their own public predictions or assessments

and

2)This thread and the Sam ehlinger thread prove that I handle being wrong better than a lot of the people in here handle being right. Jesus. It's a good thing that the caricature of Derka which exists in so many peoples minds is a far cry from the real thing. I'd hate to see how these threads would have gone otherwise. But hey, the facts have never mattered. So many vitriolic posts coming my way, so much personal hatred and anger and over-the-top insults, and none of it is coming from me. Weird how that always gets lost in all of this mess. 

I was wrong about something. Big deal. At least I can handle it like an adult. This post itself will have -20 rep when it's all said and done, yet those same people will still believe that i'm the one who's unhinged. What can you do. 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Seriously?  He was a total douche and a complete bust as a pro but are you really saying he wasn’t, at the very worst, one of the top 2-3 players in college football that year?

His competition was a qb from Kansas State and a linebacker from Notre Dame. Fuck him and fuck aggy

On 12/29/2018 at 6:50 PM, Goo Punch said:

First off, 2005 Texas is the greatest team of all time, led by the greatest player of all time. Period. Second, this is just a totally different era of college football, and the fact is that the 2005 Texas roster would CRUSH shit in today's game. Imagine the different ways we could deploy and utilizie an offesnive backfield of VY, Ramonce, Jamaal, Selvin, and Ahmard Hall, not to mention David Thomas, three NFL O linemen, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, etc. And a defense featuring, what, 9 future NFL players? More? Stupid talent.

So yeah, 2005 Texas may still be the greatest team ever, but this Bama team is as good as I've seen since then. Clemson is pretty fucking ridiculous too. The guys who will play for the national title this year were in first and second grade when the 2005 team conquered the mighty Trojans. The game today is so different; players are bigger and faster yet also somehow sleeker and smaller, depending on which position group you're talking about. D linemen are smaller, offenses are faster and more modern, every team has a QB who can run (thanks to #10). Point being, even though it's less than two decades later, it's hard to compare teams across eras, and these two teams to in fact lay in different eras. All I know is it would be a helluva game if they could somehow sqaure off.

this post aged poorly

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

yeah i did say that manziel was better than Ash after Manziel had played one college game, and I was right, just as I have been right many many times before (I predicted we'd win 10 this year, I called Texas vs ND, Texas vs NU, Shaka Smart, Jarrett Allen, Texas hoops the last several years, and so on and so forth). In this thread however I was wrong- way wrong- just as I have been many many times before. When you have the guts to consistently put your opinions out there like I do that's how it's going to go. some are right and some are wrong. The two main things I take away from this thread are:

1)Whole lotta people in here talking mess who never have the gumption to make their own public predictions or assessments

and

2)This thread and the Sam ehlinger thread prove that I handle being wrong better than a lot of the people in here handle being right. Jesus. It's a good thing that the caricature of Derka which exists in so many peoples minds is a far cry from the real thing. I'd hate to see how these threads would have gone otherwise. But hey, the facts have never mattered. So many vitriolic posts coming my way, so much personal hatred and anger and over-the-top insults, and none of it is coming from me. Weird how that always gets lost in all of this mess. 

I was wrong about something. Big deal. At least I can handle it like an adult. This post itself will have -20 rep when it's all said and done, yet those same people will still believe that i'm the one who's unhinged. What can you do. 

Proud of yourself much?  Such heroics and courage. The only good poster on the Surl. Everyone else are just cowards and idiots? Way to shit on "most" of the posters on the board.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

and

Dude just stop. No one likes me here either but I don’t bitch about it. You never get it dude.

• Like 3