2018 Alabama might be better than 2005 Texas...but it's a different era of college football

Goo Punch

On 12/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, Goo Punch said:

First off, 2005 Texas is the greatest team of all time, led by the greatest player of all time. Period. Second, this is just a totally different era of college football, and the fact is that the 2005 Texas roster would CRUSH shit in today's game. Imagine the different ways we could deploy and utilizie an offesnive backfield of VY, Ramonce, Jamaal, Selvin, and Ahmard Hall, not to mention David Thomas, three NFL O linemen, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, etc. And a defense featuring, what, 9 future NFL players? More? Stupid talent.

So yeah, 2005 Texas may still be the greatest team ever, but this Bama team is as good as I've seen since then. Clemson is pretty fucking ridiculous too. The guys who will play for the national title this year were in first and second grade when the 2005 team conquered the mighty Trojans. The game today is so different; players are bigger and faster yet also somehow sleeker and smaller, depending on which position group you're talking about. D linemen are smaller, offenses are faster and more modern, every team has a QB who can run (thanks to #10). Point being, even though it's less than two decades later, it's hard to compare teams across eras, and these two teams to in fact lay in different eras. All I know is it would be a helluva game if they could somehow sqaure off.

Bama’s D line look bigger than either the Horns or the Trojans did, and just got worked. 

Gentlemen ... Gentlemen ... a little respect.

The vaunted 2018 edition of Alabama football just joined a very unique and exclusive club. In fact, that club only has two other members ... The 2003 edition of the Oklahoma Sooners and the USC Condoms of 2005.

That club? The greatest college football team in the history of God not to win the national championship.

HERE'S TO THE LOSERS! HUZZAH!

• Like 4

I agree with the overall premise. I disagree that this is some huge fail. 

It's more of using 2005 Texas in the title and premise to prematurely crown this team as the best ever. Knowing that would get a reaction on here. It was almost made right after they beat OU. A team we already beat this season and should have blown out just like Bama did.

I mean what does 2005 Texas have to with this season and making those baseless comparisons are dumb because you can't even quantify it because they will obviously never play.

You want to come out and say 2018 is the best ever? Cool. This thread would not have gotten much attention. But it was calculated using 2005 Texas on this forum for the attention he wanted.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

This is the best offensive Bama team of their run, but far from their best defensive team. Not sure what other people have been watching. 

I heard it a lot this year that it might be the best Bama team ever, but I didn't see it.  Their defense lost a lot from last year.  They were vulnerable as Clemson (and OU after the 1st quarter) showed.  SEC koolaid?  The SEC was much weaker than normal in the middle so they made Alabama look good.

14 hours ago, bullet said:

I heard it a lot this year that it might be the best Bama team ever, but I didn't see it.  Their defense lost a lot from last year.  They were vulnerable as Clemson (and OU after the 1st quarter) showed.  SEC koolaid?  The SEC was much weaker than normal in the middle so they made Alabama look good.

Hell, jawja had them on the ropes too. They also have a shitty kicker while 2005 Texas had a badass one. They simply were not a complete team.

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't need to, that's all she ever talks about. Shooter's little cock this and Shooter's little cock that, I keep saying Mom if it's that small stop blowing him behind the Piggly Wiggly but she needs $$$ for her scratchoffs

If she calls this little...all I can say is salud'.

• Haha 1