Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Going to San Francisco for 3 days in a couple of weeks. Staying near union square. Will hit up cellarmaker, zeitgeist and toronado. Any must go to breweries or bars ?

Will you have a vehicle? You’ve named great places I’d go to in the area. There are also some across the bay I would recommend if you’ll have the means/desire to venture out (but I’m too lazy to lost now if not applicable to your trip).

40 minutes ago, utee94 said:

(Actually, I'm not going to do that because I'm headed for lunch at PHP Burnet.  I'll be wearing my burnt orange Longhorn ballcap.  If any of you are there and see me, yell out muledick and I'll buy you a pint)

Which IPA are you going to get?

• Like 1

Agree 100%.  Apparently the general market does not...
Also might be why we see more labeling these days as Marzen or just a general "Festbier" rather than specific Oktoberfest branding.

Ayinger’s Octoberfest showed up this week. Temps are supposed to drop 10 degrees next weekend, so I guess bring it on.

Will you have a vehicle? You’ve named great places I’d go to in the area. There are also some across the bay I would recommend if you’ll have the means/desire to venture out (but I’m too lazy to lost now if not applicable to your trip).

Nope just walking or Uber for me. I’ve been to a few places in Oakland a while back. My days will be busy with work so mainly have evenings to venture out. Monday is my free day.

City Beer Store is over in the vicinity of Cellarmaker and has both beers on tap and also package beers. Lucky 13 is a great divey bar that I love, if for no other reason, for having Pliny the Younger (multiple pours and with AUTF from here) there last year. Heard it was gonna close at some point to due redevelopment in the area. Walked from there to the Toronado one night.

• Like 1

Dear Surly Beer Experts (in Austin),

Does any store Carry Jester King’s Fen Tao and/or montmorency vs balaton? Or do these have to be purchased at jester king?

We just got Montmorency in Boise a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised to see that but it’s possible. I think Fen Tao would be more difficult to find.

Fen Tao came out last weekend, and Jester King said they don't anticipate distribution of it. Pretty sure it's still available at the brewery, but won't know for sure until they update their bottle list later this week. They still had Montmorency bottles as of this past weekend.

CHIEF

• Like 1

Fen Tao came out last weekend, and Jester King said they don't anticipate distribution of it. Pretty sure it's still available at the brewery, but won't know for sure until they update their bottle list later this week. They still had Montmorency bottles as of this past weekend.

CHIEF

If any of you are headed out there and would like to mule me a bottle of each I would be most grateful.

CHIEF

Well fuck. But thanks for the information.

Wish I could get a couple of bottles of each. I’m just never in Austin in the weekends unless it’s for a game.