2019 Fiesta Bowl - LSU vs. UCF

satyanash

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

had Milton played, would UCF have won?

if the 8 defensive starters had played would UCF won regardless of QB, no.  UCF is about a 15th ranked team, nothing more.  so all the meatheads talking about them deserving a national championship last year and to be in the playoff this year, please STFU for a year at least

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

you are forgetting there are 4 gimmies.  no reason they couldn't win 4 or 5 games if they are in the east. 8 to 9 for the last 2 teams is reasonable.

a man of reason, especially if 3 or 4 FCS are on the schedule. 

Edited by NowThis

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

if the 8 defensive starters had played would UCF won regardless of QB, no.  UCF is about a 15th ranked team, nothing more.  so all the meatheads talking about them deserving a national championship last year and to be in the playoff this year, please STFU for a year at least

in a few weeks kids in The Congo will be dreaming of playing for back to back national champs UCF (along with dreaming of walking on for aggy of course)

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you are forgetting there are 4 gimmies.  no reason they couldn't win 4 or 5 games if they are in the east. 8 to 9 for the last 2 teams is reasonable.

What are the 4 sec gimmies...  go ahead a list them out

3 minutes ago, Mango4 said:

Those were good teams but playing in the AAC is a lot different than playing in SEC.

nobody except UCF thinks they are winning the SEC. the question is can they be competitive middling 4-4, 3-5, 5-3 type team.  I would say yes.

• Like 1

They sure as fuck earned it over notre dame.

They werent motivated and didnt want to be there today. Isnt that what every loser says?

Just now, Nivek said:

They sure as fuck earned it over notre dame.

They werent motivated and didnt want to be there today. Isnt that what every loser says?

Don't fool yourself, If ucf won, they would have declared themselves national champions..  They were playing for it all!  You know Huepel wanted that MNC bonus that they gave Frost.

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

sec is shit according to Surly, so having a good record in the SEC from the outside is impossible. UCF is scrappy, tough, smart and know how to win.  2nd best team in Florida.

2nd? Lmao. If UCF would have had their starting QB they would have beaten Florida. UCF owned Florida SEC country for almost 2 years. 

4 SEC gimmies

Vandy, Scar, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tenn, Florida , Arkansas and Mizzou. 

These teams are no better than average year in and year out with jockeying to see who is the biggest midget (and who ducks the best teams in scheduling) - see Kentucky, Aggy and Vandy this season. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

9 minutes ago, texaslong said:

2nd? Lmao. If UCF would have had their starting QB they would have beaten Florida. UCF owned Florida SEC country for almost 2 years. 

Nice troll...   Fun fact ucf has NEVER beaten any of the Florida big 3...  you know, like ever.   Can you share how they "owned Florida SEC country for almost 2 years"?

Florida is so bipolar. One day they look great, and then they go limp dick and let teams like Missouri dominate them. Right now I could see it going back and forth if they played. With Milton, I feel a ton better about UCF winning. Once Florida gets a real qb, I don't think it would be close. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

53 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Florida is so bipolar. One day they look great, and then they go limp dick and let teams like Missouri dominate them. Right now I could see it going back and forth if they played. With Milton, I feel a ton better about UCF winning. Once Florida gets a real qb, I don't think it would be close. 

Makes sense, we have bipolar QB play. We go as Franks goes, and when he lays an egg it wears our defense out. We don’t have a ton of depth at LB and our secondary was held together by tape and bailing wire by the end of the year.  

That being said, you could see the physical difference in players out there. UCF wouldn’t hold up in any P5 conference for a season, guys would get hurt a lot more and they would limp into the post season a lot more banged up than they are used to playing in the AAC. They would be another low to mid tier team in most conferences, which isn’t a slight. 

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Makes sense, we have bipolar QB play. We go as Franks goes, and when he lays an egg it wears our defense out. We don’t have a ton of depth at LB and our secondary was held together by tape and bailing wire by the end of the year.  

That being said, you could see the physical difference in players out there. UCF wouldn’t hold up in any P5 conference for a season, guys would get hurt a lot more and they would limp into the post season a lot more banged up than they are used to playing in the AAC. They would be another low to mid tier team in most conferences, which isn’t a slight. 

I concur. They wouldn't hold up consistently in a P5 conference. They're good for an upset, but that's about it. I didn't really see too much difference in the two teams today, other than ucf struggled with their qb. Their defense would definitely wear down weekly if they didn't have such an easy schedule. The SEC east would be the easiest path for them, but even then they would be as good as aggy (8-9 wins every other year). Georgia and Florida would dominate them for the most part. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

Not a UCF fan. Could care less about wether they win or lose, but the SEC fans getting their panties in a wad over them has been great. 

I hate the SEC but what I hate worse is delusional. Aggy fans are delusional, UCF and their faux NC is delusional, people that think UCF deserved to be in the final four are delusional