Championship game prices down 90 percent from last year

Hornius Emeritus

3 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

*In reference of all the casual fans who without reason, picked Georgia to not only win, but dominate Texas; an expanded CFP bracket, UT would have advanced to next round...

Yeah I hear you, but maybe not the best year for the argument since the secsecsec #1 pounded the Big 12 #1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

No, CFB is still making money hand over fist. People are just bored by the prospect of the preseason #1 and #2 playing in the Inevitabowl. There’s nobody to root for, no outcome that sounds exciting. 

People coming out of a four year coma are like, “Alabama and Clemson are still playing? What is this the best of 100 games?“

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you, but maybe not the best year for the argument since the secsecsec #1 pounded the Big 12 #1
Bama is head and shoulders above anyone else. That includes everyone in their conference. I don't think it's a huge knock if you get smacked around by Bama. That's what they have built over there and should do. That whole conference lives off them.

Texas just dominated the second best team in that conference. That's a better barometer for me because it takes out the juggernaut outlier in Bama.

Does it really matter though? The money is in tv not ticket sales. Ratings might be down because we’re sick of the same shit. If this were in Atlanta or anywhere in the southeast tickets would be similar to last year. Poor location is true part of which is because the southeast region schools keep playing each other. But I’m sure sponsorships also played a role so money wise the ticket prices are a very small issue.

• Like 1

Below average stadium in a shitty location. Ask folks that went to Super Bowl L what they generally thought of the experience (The NFL took an "L" on that one). The bar was set so incredibly low for Houston the next year that Houston could have only done an average Super Bowl and still been significantly better. (As it was, Houston knocked it out of the park on LI). I was shocked when they announced it for Santa Clara and my guess is, it won't return. LA and PHX should be the only West host cities and given where college football is stronger, these should likely be the majority host cities for this game: Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa. Travel needs to be a big consideration for this if they want ticket sales.
So you want a nc game in The Cotton Bowl and FIU stadium?

I say yes to Cotton Bowl but no to FIU stadium. Now I would be ok with playing the game in Miami Gardens by de Walmart Supercenter.

Great game, horrendous atmosphere. I used to work in Santa Clara - it's nothing but office parks around the stadium. No bars, entertainment, nothing. The closest thing is a shitty Mexican restaurant called Pedro's next to the Marriott. 

As a Niner fan, once they moved to Levi's I said fuck it never traveling 40 miles down for that corporate pile of shit. The Stick was badass - a dump, yes, but convenient location to the city accessible to the die hard thug Niner fans in Hunters Point.