Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

30 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Dak couldn’t start at Highland Park. 

dude.  don’t put words in my mouth, I never said that.  he’d probably be 1st team all-state at LB.  or at running back, for that matter.  he’s not that fast but high school kids would have a hard time tackling a 240 lb grown man.  

at quarterback though he would not unseat chandler morris. 

Wentz isn’t liked by his own team. Goff is way overrated. If Dak would start using his legs again he would be very good. He also needs to protect the ball in the pocket better. I’d still rather have him than either Wentz or Goff. And Wentz has not shown the ability to stay healthy. That’s kind of important.

Wentz isn’t liked by his own team. Goff is way overrated. If Dak would start using his legs again he would be very good. He also needs to protect the ball in the pocket better. I’d still rather have him than either Wentz or Goff. And Wentz has not shown the ability to stay healthy. That’s kind of important.

He did use his legs his rookie year. Then the coaches coached it out if him and made him real timid to take off. It's pathetic.

Good relies on McVey making all the pre snap reads and adjustments. That's why they break the huddle quick. So that can read the defense before McVey can't talk to Goff. You adjust your defense after that time, and Goff looks lost and terrible. Think of Goff with Garrett and this staff. He'd be one of the bottom QBs. Anyone remember him with Fisher? He was junk and some labeled him a bust already.

And Wentz speaks for itself. This team gets a spark when he's not in there. That's not a coincidence it happened 2 years in a row. There season was in the gutter and might have been close to finishing last before Foles came in. And boom, divisional round appearance. But you still have people who tell us he is some special franchise QB lmao. Dude is piling up injuries too. And rumblings many on his team don't like him.

It’s ridiculous to see all the Dak hate and all the Dak man love. The reality is that he is a tremendous value while on his rookie contract and he’s probably good enough to win a SB with this team. However, he’s not going to carry the team to the SB nor is he going to make up for deficiencies in other positions. That’s it, you give him the right pieces and he’ll do well. Lose a couple of weapons or a key lineman and you’ll see him struggle.

... you can’t blame all of it on one guy, it’s a team sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s just an insane take. Any GM, including our own, would make straight up trades for either of those, and would offer draft picks to go along with Dak. 

Look Rex, I like you but this is ridiculous.  Wentz isn't like by his own teammates and can't stay healthy.  Goff is not very good at all if the play breaks down.  If his first read isn't there, he struggles and isn't very good at extending p[lays with his legs. Is Dak an elite QB?  Absolutely not.  Is he good enough to win a Super Bowl?  Absolutely.  

There is no easy answer when it comes to Dak. He is a tale of two QBs, in one side you have the fourth quarter guy who makes plays with the pressure on.

Then you also have the first half Dak that doesn’t go through his reads well and doesn’t see wide open receivers and often misses wide open people when he does see them.

You can make valid arguments both ways. The main problem is who do you get to replace Dak if you let him walk. You don’t want to tie yourself to an average QB for all that money but you could find yourself in the great wasteland of teams with no QB at all still searching.

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Thanks for being here, Drew. Without your commentary there would be mass confusion. 

And without Rex following me around, no one would eve know that.

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Dak better than Wentz is funny. Dak better than Goff is laughable. 

And then you post this stupid shit.

16 hours ago, Hate said:

Goff is not all that great. He shoulders most of the blame for losing the SB. He was awful.

yep.

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Look Rex, I like you but this is ridiculous.  Wentz isn't like by his own teammates and can't stay healthy.  Goff is not very good at all if the play breaks down.  If his first read isn't there, he struggles and isn't very good at extending p[lays with his legs. Is Dak an elite QB?  Absolutely not.  Is he good enough to win a Super Bowl?  Absolutely.  

yep

2 hours ago, futureman said:

we drafted him in 2018.  he’s on the roster. 

Mike White probably can't start a Pre Season Game over Cooper.

9 hours ago, William_Cannon said:

It’s ridiculous to see all the Dak hate and all the Dak man love. The reality is that he is a tremendous value while on his rookie contract and he’s probably good enough to win a SB with this team. However, he’s not going to carry the team to the SB nor is he going to make up for deficiencies in other positions. That’s it, you give him the right pieces and he’ll do well. Lose a couple of weapons or a key lineman and you’ll see him struggle.

... you can’t blame all of it on one guy, it’s a team sport.

Dude. There is no room here for common sense. Take this shit to cloak room. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, Hate said:

If Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson and Nick Foles can win SB's ...

On 2/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, futureman said:

100% earl isn’t coming to dallas.  we can’t sign the guys we have now.  

Bring on ETIII -- sign him and the Cowboys are winning the SB!

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

What's Ben Abbott gonna do?

I can ask him if you really want to know. He's an acquaintance/friend of mine. /csb

14 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’d never judge a book by its cover, but I will judge a guy by his shitty commercials. More Jim Adler, more Texas Law Hawk, less Ben Abbott. 

Oh, they're definitely shitty. But they must be working. I see and hear his name a ton now since he's started the commercials and partnerships with the Cowboys and Mavericks.