2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

58 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

It’s so frustrating watching Longhorn sports

other than football, the other ut sports I care about (basketball, baseball/softball) have been a gigantic kick in the balls this season.  

Still holding out hope for softball, but the trend does not look good.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

other than football, the other ut sports I care about (basketball, baseball/softball) have been a gigantic kick in the balls this season.  

softball may choke here but the guy can coach.    I already know the other 2 can't.

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The trend looks very good. Everything about this program is on a better trend than it has been in a very long time. 

31 minutes ago, Goodman said:

The trend looks very good. Everything about this program is on a better trend than it has been in a very long time. 

Yeah, I was sloppy in my language. I meant the downward trend In our hitting this season and our prospects for this postseason. But yes I agree the long term trend looks very good for the program. I am all aboard the mike white train. 

It was nice to hear Mike in an interview call out the problem areas, he does not strike me as a coach who is here to coast towards retirement. He mentioned the need to recruit at a very high level, improve on defense, pitching and called out our hitting. How is his recruiting going? 

52 minutes ago, Goodman said:

It was nice to hear Mike in an interview call out the problem areas, he does not strike me as a coach who is here to coast towards retirement. He mentioned the need to recruit at a very high level, improve on defense, pitching and called out our hitting. How is his recruiting going? 

Was that interview today ?

Did he mention why he pulled Bollinger who had allowed only 1 hit and and no runner had advanced to 2B ?    And replaced her with a freshman who has seen limited action recently due to injury and is certainly not the pitcher she was early in the season.    Not to mention she has no postseason experience.  

One of the worst coaching decisions I have witnessed in any UT sport.

8 hours ago, torre said:

Was that interview today ?

Did he mention why he pulled Bollinger who had allowed only 1 hit and and no runner had advanced to 2B ?    And replaced her with a freshman who has seen limited action recently due to injury and is certainly not the pitcher she was early in the season.    Not to mention she has no postseason experience.  

One of the worst coaching decisions I have witnessed in any UT sport.

It was a bad move, definitely, but these guys would like to have a word with you:

Image result for greg davis longhorn

Image result for shaka smart gif

Image result for charlie strong longhorns

11 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

It was a bad move, definitely, but these guys would like to have a word with you:

Touche !   😊

No disrespect to Goodman for quoting him -  just very emotional after the game.

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

JS probably keeps up with this stuff more than me, but it looks like we signed 4 last November.

https://texassports.com/news/2018/11/14/softball-inks-four-players-to-its-2019-20-signing-class.aspx

This class was not ranked in the top 25 per flosoftball (OU had #5 class; OSU #21 TAMU #14).  

This November will be White's first real class though.  

37 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If they cancel the rest of todays games then Texas would have to win 4 games on Sunday to advance

Would be great if Texas beats aggys then the rest of today's were postponed...

Go Horns!!  🤘