Texas recruiting notes 2019

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mike Roach posted an interview with Wilkins about being excited for his UT OV 6 hours ago so either he or IT is working off outdated information.

IT seems to think he might cancel last minute 

Edited by Fud

Just now, closetojumping said:

The premise is based on something happening that is less likely to occur than martians touching down in Manhattan or you taking home a 10 tonight. Sell fake tickets at your own peril, sir.

Wild West has plenty of 5s so with some simple addition a 10 isn’t that far fetched 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I appreciate the thorough response. Glad to hear you folk aren’t just running amok. 

Can we assume this is a requirement for all of the reports y’all put out? And you would be able to similarly justify each one if called out like you were? Apologies if that comes off antagonistic as that’s not my intention. Some of us that are only slightly-in-the-know get mixed information from slightly-more-in-the-know folks who feel $9.95ers occasionally stamp down a particular recruit’s momentum.

There are definitely some posts where we just have to get the info out so we do, like my note that Ishmael Sopsher is visiting.

Other things need to be handled more delicately like knowing who's committing and where.

We're also not going to let people dictate what we can or can't say otherwise you're a mouthpiece.

Does that answer your question?

A lot of formidable recruiting schools took smaller classes last cycle, and should be in line to take big classes in 19. Also, several will get the first year head coach bump. I think the top five or ten will score as high as ever this year. 

If we want to get near five, we need to land a couple of five stars; that probably means landing Green and flipping Leal, and landing someone like Bru McCoy. Maybe Johnson, Nana, Whittington, and Floyd will end up 5*s, we'll see. 

Just now, Fud said:

A lot of formidable recruiting schools took smaller classes last cycle, and should be in line to take big classes in 19. Also, several will get the first year head coach bump. I think the top five or ten will score as high as ever this year. 

If we want to get near five, we need to land a couple of five stars; that probably means landing Green and flipping Leal, and landing someone like Bru McCoy. Maybe Johnson, Nana, Whittington, and Floyd will end up 5*s, we'll see. 

Next time just say Errbody.  It'll save everyone time.

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have to hand it to you, some of you guys take squatting to pee to the next level. Checking in on some of these threads after a weekend in which another recruitment has sent the Longhorn recruiting bus careening towards the chasm is a fucking thumping. I've been on four flights in my life in which at some point, death or at least a horrific crash seemed certain. What you learn from that is that you're not in control and it's best to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the terrifying, high-pitched screams from those around you with apparently a lot more to lose and a lot less booze rolling around in their veins.

The Garrett Wilson thing isn't a surprise when you look at it through the lens that Longhorn94 has never been correct about a recruit or a football outcome, ever. This is a guy that guaranteed Garrett Gilbert's wild success at Texas and supported, whole hog, the Mack Brown strategy of not taking a threatening additional QB in the prior class, same class, or next class. Now he's going on with no filter about how Ohio State loves this Baldwin goober. I will kiss Longhorn94's fat, white ass in public on the steps of Lake Travis' City Hall and give him 30 minutes to draw a crowd if Baldwin ever starts a season as the starter for Ohio State at QB. Sweet Christ. He's a safety take for a school suddenly worried about it's QB depth. Longhorn94's prognostications in recruiting have raped the hope of UT recruitniks more times than Gale Gilbert has been accused of having done so physically in cities where he's coached or played. That's saying something.  

Wilkins isn't coming to Texas either. 

Texas is going to land Watson and a top 5-7 class this time around. They're going to pick up standouts across the OL, QB, TB, LB, DE, and WR positions. What happens at DB, DT, and TE will be interesting and could be amazing or ho-hum. They could also absolutely rake with OOS if they win big. 

We've known the entire time for this cycle that ATM would be a force. OU isn't going anywhere and OSU is going to kick Herman in the nuts until he does something about it. Is he more Harbaugh or Meyer? I guess these next two years will help us find out.

This is the meanest, darkest, most negative post I've ever seen that can also be classified as sunshine pumping. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, futureman said:

247 says there are over 500 players in this class better than him.  would be a wasted take, imo.  we shouldn’t be filling up on bread.  

247 said there were over 1,000 players in D'Onta Foreman's class better than him. Perhaps you've heard of him?

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The premise is based on something happening that is less likely to occur than martians touching down in Manhattan or you taking home a 10 tonight. Sell fake tickets at your own peril, sir.

So... what you're saying is that Longhorn94 is NOT LBJ and Leanderman IS Max Bialystock.

All of the 9.95er sites have been hedging hard on NaNa. I don't really care what they have to say - Herman has proximity,  gets the final OV, and at worst NaNa is 50-50 going into this weekend. If he can't close with these advantages in hand, then it's time to re-evaluate him as a recruiter.

I expect him to close though.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Possible video being made?

I don't think so, at least not yet. This is what they said:

– I also stated in yesterday’s post that Texas was in a good position for Nolan Catholic’s NaNa Osafo-Mensah, but playing a bit from behind. Even though he is visiting this weekend, Oscar Giles was in Fort Worth to visit the defensive end. Again, Texas has set themselves up in great position here. Need to execute.