Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

10 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Dumbest thing I've seen yet out of a coach. If they sign a top 10 class (which would be great for them)  would be a disappointment since it wouldn't be 1 or 2. Way to start off going full aggy. It's almost like this guy didn't go 5-7 last year.

He has guaranteed a number 1 or 2 recruiting class, and already been presented with a national championship trophy by his administration. Way to manage those expectations Jimbo.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Guys... enjoy this recruiting cycle.  aggy... somehow convinced themselves they were going to clean up the state like we did last year without any proof.  As we put together another top 5 class, they will twiddle their thumbs trying to figure out how dildo baggins can't get these guys to college station.  just enjoy it guys.  I cannot wait till Javonne Sheppard commits.  I think he will be the first elite OL to fall.  It will be the first knife in their heart.  Soon to follow, Tyler Johnson and Bragg.  They will then hold out every hope that Kenyon Green will commit to them.  It will destroy them when he commits to us or lsu.  I cannot wait.

Herman going to recruit like we all thought Mack would do after 2005.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

I think this means Herman is getting everyone.

Is it Branson Bragg? Think his mother is a teacher, I think he does play basketball and obviously some kind of track stuff (shot & disc) since he was at the Texas Relays... plus he is on campus today?

1 hour ago, ousux said:

That was a dumb thing for him to do..

aggy will have a good class this year, much better than they deserve...but Jimbo is cracked out guaranteeing 1 or 2. Have Kirby, Saban and Dabo retired and I simply haven't heard about it yet?

Haven't you heard?

Jimbo is scouring the nation for top talent to bring to aggyland and win a national championship.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

So we’re looking for someone who plays multiple sports, likes the Eagles and has bad gas?

I'm like WAAAAAY down an internet rabbit trail right now of trying to determine whether Bragg is (or is working toward) an Eagle Scout. 

• Like 1

Shh = Commit 

Male pilot (light skin tone) = Father?

Female pilot (medium light skin tone) = Mother?

Rightwards arrow = Led to?

Adult (medium skin tone) = Recruit/commit?

Man with ball (medium skin tone) = Plays basketball?

Man lifting weight (medium skin tone) = On weightlifting team? Enjoys lifting weights?

Man swimming (medium skin tone) = On swim team? Enjoys swimming?

Flexed biceps (medium skin tone) = Strong arm?

Eagle = Ball hawk? High school mascot?

Man running (medium skin tone) = Runs a lot at his position?

Dash = Runs fast at his position?

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Shh = Commit 

Male pilot (light skin tone) = Father?

Female pilot (medium light skin tone) = Mother?

Rightwards arrow = Led to?

Adult (medium skin tone) = Recruit/commit?

Man with ball (medium skin tone) = Plays basketball?

Man lifting weight (medium skin tone) = On weightlifting team? Enjoys lifting weights?

Man swimming (medium skin tone) = On swim team? Enjoys swimming?

Flexed biceps (medium skin tone) = Strong arm?

Eagle = Ball hawk? High school mascot?

Man running (medium skin tone) = Runs a lot at his position?

Dash = Runs fast at his position?

But does he play football?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cls0329 said:

It's Higgins. If the eagle means he can fly it makes perfect since. He has a white mom. Basketball team. Idk about the swimming but he has a picture of him and his dad fishing, so must like the water

It only makes cents if he has common since, but it really makes no sense to beat a dead horse.

E.J. Holland: Four-star WR Garrett Wilson recaps weekend Texas visit

Texas hosted several key visitors this weekend. Perhaps the most important offensive target on campus was four-star Austin Lake Travis wide receiver Garrett Wilson, who enjoyed his time on campus. “It went well,” Wilson said. “I got to watch practice and see how the offense was after a year. My favorite part was just meeting with some of the players and getting to see them.” An important issue for Texas to address heading into the visit was offensive production.

Wilson has never been shy about expressing his disappointment with the Longhorns offense. In fact, he has been quite vocal about improvement on that side of the ball being an important factor in his decision making process. As Wilson mentioned, he had an opportunity to see the offense in action in Year 2 under offensive coordinator Tim Beck at practice over the weekend and liked what he saw. “Last year, it didn’t look like an offense I’d want to be a part of,” Wilson said. “But I think I could fit right in and make plays. Watching and being a player, you always feel like you could’ve maybe made that play if you were out there. And that happened a lot today.”

Shortly following his visit, Wilson narrowed down his lengthy offer list to two —Ohio State and Texas. He visited the two programs over the last week and will make official visits to both next month (April 13 and 20). Wilson, who lived in Ohio for six years but now lives a short drive away from the UT campus, will see Texas last and on the weekend of the Longhorns spring game. There is no question what Wilson is going to be looking for. “I want to see a lot of improvement in the passing game, and that’s really it,” Wilson said.

Wilson will make a commitment shortly following his two official visits. At 6-foot, 185 pounds, Wilson is ranked as the No. 6 wide receiver in the country and No. 7 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

hmm...

• Like 2