Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

According to a report by @Mark_Schlabach, Georgia quarterback Justin Fields – the No. 2 overall recruit in the class of 2018 – is "exploring the possibility of transferring" and "might consider Florida State, Ohio State and Oklahoma if he decides to leave" https://es.pn/2BqirGN

200.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

They aren't falling "ass backwards" into stud QBs. Lincoln still has to recruit them, and he has one of the best stories in the college football to sell to any QB.

Tom has had some success of his own with QBs; if we win more and Sam keeps progressing, maybe he can leverage this into a pipeline of transfer talent down the road if necessary.

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Who is celebrating the fact that we're going to miss on Bru and Sanders?  I'm fucking pissed, and I bet most of you guys are too.

I'm pissed that we're not getting those instant-impact guys.  I'm pissed that we've missed on a ton of in-state instant impact guys, too.  I'm pissed that we spent so much time and effort on Sanders and Bru that presumably could've put placed elsewhere.  I'm pissed that Drayton, who was hailed as some kind of mythical rainmaker, has totally shit the bed as a recruiter and position coach. 

I'm pissed that we have a bunch of other coaches on our staff that aren't worth a hot shit, either.  I'm pissed that Herman is keeping those coaches around (at least through NSD1) because they, presumably, would help with recruiting, when that's obviously been a bad fucking idea.  I'm pissed that we have huge holes on our defensive depth chart and coaches that are so fucking oblivious about their players' mental status that they don't know a player is in a bad spot until the fucking pack up and leave.

So.....you're pissed.  

UGA Rivals:

Freshman quarterback Justin Fields has told the Georgia coaching staff that he is looking into transferring after the conclusion of the 2018 season.

Fields asked to have his name included on the NCAA Transfer Portal list. The transfer portal took the place of the release student athletes needed to get from their coaches to speak with other schools.

Fields and his family are expected to consult with attorney Thomas Mars. Mars was instrumental in helping a number of Ole Miss student athletes appeal the NCAA rule that requires transfers between FBS schools to sit out one year. Those athletes, notable Shea Patterson of Michigan, were allowed to play immediately.

All of this does not guarantee that Fields will transfer from Georgia. He was at practice today and is expected to play in Georgia's bowl game. Still, putting his name on the transfer list so other coaches can speak with him and expecting to consult with an attorney who specializes in helping players receive immediate eligibility all point to a likely transfer.

3 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Surly enjoyed the Caleb Johnson commitment for less than two hours before getting pissed off about something that may not even happen. 

Congrats, ladies. 

Just wait until Kennedy Lewis commits to us tomorrow, only to be overshadowed by an in-depth discussion of the merits of a Stanford education when Elijah Higgins announces.

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nobody melts like satyanash. At this time of the year you will see one of those type posts almost every day before NSD. The dude has reached a point of being unbearable (and I'm not just talking about this cycle). 

Go get some valium man. 

I'll send Kate over to Saty's to change his attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nobody melts like satyanash. At this time of the year you will see one of those type posts almost every day before NSD. The dude has reached a point of being unbearable (and I'm not just talking about this cycle). 

Go get some valium man. 

Damn, I thought satyanash was a chick. My apologies.

• Like 2

Having been around Higgins here in Austin and having spent quite a bit of time over the years in Palo Alto, I can't see him liking the uniqueness of Stanford that attracted Mrs. Bragg(Little was a different story, his dad called the shots). To Mr. Littles credit, Bloomgren was a great OL coach and Coach sent in Warehime. 

Higgins should have been recruited to our team, even with Wilson telling anyone who would listen what he thought of Drew M. and that Sam could not throw a fwd pass(Sam proved Wilson wrong and the guys who planted all the Drew M. thoughts are no longer at tosu).

Edited by Goodman

47 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

UGA Rivals:

Freshman quarterback Justin Fields has told the Georgia coaching staff that he is looking into transferring after the conclusion of the 2018 season.

Fields asked to have his name included on the NCAA Transfer Portal list. The transfer portal took the place of the release student athletes needed to get from their coaches to speak with other schools.

Fields and his family are expected to consult with attorney Thomas Mars. Mars was instrumental in helping a number of Ole Miss student athletes appeal the NCAA rule that requires transfers between FBS schools to sit out one year. Those athletes, notable Shea Patterson of Michigan, were allowed to play immediately.

All of this does not guarantee that Fields will transfer from Georgia. He was at practice today and is expected to play in Georgia's bowl game. Still, putting his name on the transfer list so other coaches can speak with him and expecting to consult with an attorney who specializes in helping players receive immediate eligibility all point to a likely transfer.

Does Georgia have impending sanctions coming? How would Fields compare to Patterson?

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not that I trust any of these jackasses - but why is the Stanford jackass to be believed over the Texas based jackasses? I mean if anyone has a ‘source’ close to the Austin based recruit - wouldn’t it be the local jackasses?

Frappe jackass is saying Stanford.

15 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Does Georgia have impending sanctions coming? How would Fields compare to Patterson?

They don't seem comparable on their face... unless Fields knows something the public doesn't.  Maybe they're going for a straight legal challenge to the sit out a year rule, but that seems unlikely to succeed. 

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not that I trust any of these jackasses - but why is the Stanford jackass to be believed over the Texas based jackasses? I mean if anyone has a ‘source’ close to the Austin based recruit - wouldn’t it be the local jackasses?

Just reading between the lines here.  He's a high level recruit with lots of options, doesn't take much of a support system to stay home and play for UT.  Going to Stanford is a big get academically and would be much harder to do without having family/friends supporting the decision.  

The recruiting process has been surreal. Not once did I imagine I’d be in this position, but my support system made it all possible.

21 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Fields family consulting attorney to find out if they can turn UGA in and not sit a year?  Do they have to give the money back?  Lots of legalese to filter through. 

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He is picking Stanford and there is no suspense. This is fake drama to gen clicks. 

• Like 1