Lawrence Okoye of the AAF Birmingham Iron had a rough week

Dennis Taylor

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Former British Olympic discus thrower and 49ers draft pick Lawrence Okoye got busted in a prostitution sting, then is out for opening game...with a groin injury.

I wonder if he knew that prostitution is illegal in most states in the U.S.

In most of the world, prostitution is either legal or the police don't really care. The U.S.'s laws can bring quiet a culture shock to people who have traveled the world.

It'll be interesting to see how the AAF handles this. I'm kind of hoping they don't suspend him too long because I'm curious about whether this guy is ever going to develop into a football player. Seems kind doubtful at this point since he's 27 and has already been given a chance by a bunch of NFL teams.

But not too many human beings can run a 4.78 forty with a 36 inch vertical at 6'6" 310 pounds.

Edit: another pic of his wife just because.

9e1d39901d930d01.png

Edited by campcrunk
Boobs

2 hours ago, campcrunk said:

It'll be interesting to see how the AAF handles this. I'm kind of hoping they don't suspend him too long because I'm curious about whether this guy is ever going to develop into a football player. Seems kind doubtful at this point since he's 27 and has already been given a chance by a bunch of NFL teams.

But not too many human beings can run a 4.78 forty with a 36 inch vertical at 6'6" 310 pounds.

Edit: another pic of his wife just because.

Speak for yourself

BTW, do the reports say whether he was buying or selling?  That league can't pay much

Dang, this is a rough cautionary tale. After doing 5 minutes of research, it looks like he and his wife (who's an attorney and investment banker) separated in 2017. He was also granted admission to Oxford Law. 

Soooo in summary: Unbelievable athletic gifts, sharp intellect, smoking hot wife...gets relegated to AAF, loses wife, arrested in prostitution sting. Fuck.

9e1d39901d930d01.png

19 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Dang, this is a rough cautionary tale. After doing 5 minutes of research, it looks like he and his ex-wife (who's an attorney and investment banker)

...[something-something] attorney-client privileges [something-something]...

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Stream is here for people who don't have CBSSN

https://aaf.com/live/GjoCxWXQfvKpZuFlqeOgB5I-ceJn

Is there actual live video, or is that just the modern version of electric football?  Still cool, but not quite the same...

I hear Reddit NFL streams may have what's needed for those who providers are scumbags.

5 hours ago, Eggo said:

Dang, this is a rough cautionary tale. After doing 5 minutes of research, it looks like he and his wife (who's an attorney and investment banker) separated in 2017. He was also granted admission to Oxford Law. 

Soooo in summary: Unbelievable athletic gifts, sharp intellect, smoking hot wife...gets relegated to AAF, loses wife, arrested in prostitution sting. Fuck.

So, I guess you can be admitted to Oxford Law and still be stupid as hell.

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I wonder if he knew that prostitution is illegal in most states in the U.S.

In most of the world, prostitution is either legal or the police don't really care. The U.S.'s laws can bring quiet a culture shock to people who have traveled the world.

so what you're saying is ...

hqdefault.jpg 

5 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

So, I guess you can be admitted to Oxford Law and still be stupid as hell.

11 hours ago, Eggo said:

Smoking hot wife appears to have left him a few years ago while he was still with dolphins. I follow her on instagram and she is fire; @pippa_burke. Goes by Pippa Burke now and has a new man. Guessing she’s feeling like she made the right decision round about now! 

1 minute ago, Britishlonghorn said:

Smoking hot wife appears to have left him a few years ago while he was still with dolphins. I follow her on instagram and she is fire; @pippa_burke. Goes by Pippa Burke now and has a new man. Guessing she’s feeling like she made the right decision round about now! 

Just now, Britishlonghorn said:

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so what you're saying is ...

hqdefault.jpg 

Just figured out what you were implying. Was confused and reread it a few times. 

Went to a bachelor party in Amsterdam and the best man want to get some strippers who might perform on each other. He finally just went and asked the concierge and he set it up for the guy. Then the ladies performed for a while then asked “Okay, who wants to have sex?” (Because the 4 of them were already paid for.)

No one, including the bachelor, took them up on the offer. I have to think that some of my long-married/divorced friends would not let the same happen today. 

2 hours ago, Britishlonghorn said:

2 hours ago, futureman said:

Here hip-to-waist ratio and that thigh gap are straight out of a comic book.

Even if you ignore from the fake rack up, what is below it is absolutely mesmerizing.

(But I rather appreciate the fake rack and up as well.)