Texas @ TCU Series

TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, petscii said:

The team that has had the most success beating us this year is Texas.   If we can get that under control we can go real far.

To an extent, but 6 of our 9 losses involve us scoring 2 runs or less, so I’d say it’s more due to lack of hitting/talent in the lineup than our mistakes. No team is going to be perfect and our lack of hitting has left us with a margin of error that ranges from slim to none in most of our losses, and it’s not like we’re just loaded with hitting talent but aren’t performing. 

• Like 1

We are horrible at bunting. They aren’t being asked to bunt all the time like they were in Augie’s time, but it’s an important time when they are asked now (1st & 2nd w/no outs) and they fail 80% of the time.  Very frustrating. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

We are horrible at bunting. They aren’t being asked to bunt all the time like they were in Augie’s time, but it’s an important time when they are asked now (1st & 2nd w/no outs) and they fail 80% of the time.  Very frustrating. 

Definitely agree on that one. Too many of our guys can’t get bunts down when they need to. 

57 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Definitely agree on that one. Too many of our guys can’t get bunts down when they need to. 

Somehow I have this feeling that bunting comprised the majority of instructed BP under Augie.

Also, FSSW+ if you're fumbling around for the channel.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Somehow I have this feeling that bunting comprised the majority of instructed BP under Augie.

Also, FSSW+ if you're fumbling around for the channel.

Ha. With the at bats toward the last year’s, it definitely seemed like that. I will say that overall, our guys take way better ABs now, and the changing nature of the game probably leads to less emphasis on bunting form an early age, so our guys are probably worse at it coming out of HS than Augue’s players.  

Pierce definitely prioritizes power over bunting though.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ha. With the at bats toward the last year’s, it definitely seemed like that. I will say that overall, our guys take way better ABs now, and the changing nature of the game probably leads to less emphasis on bunting form an early age, so our guys are probably worse at it coming out of HS than Augue’s players.  

Pierce definitely prioritizes power over bunting though.

"Pierce definitely prioritizes power over bunting though."

Pretty sure you can do both.

• Like 1

Just now, Llano Estacado said:

Is there any history to that TCU logo? Google and Helmet project isn’t showing anything, aside from the below. Remember them doing some script frogs before, but don’t recall the interlocked TC. Is that a fake “throwback”?

6accf80f41a2243d882d78d47b813de9.gif

Yep. Fake throwback, their baseball team has worn them before.