2019 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Machinator

CSB...if anyone saw that Tech lockerroom celebration.  I went to Mark Adams' basketball camp in the 7th grade when he was head corch at Wayland Baptist in Plainview.  That was about 1985.

He's the other coach Beard is sparring with in the video.

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

CSB...if anyone saw that Tech lockerroom celebration.  I went to Mark Adams' basketball camp in the 7th grade when he was head corch at Wayland Baptist in Plainview.  That was about 1985.

I bet you enjoyed your nights at McDonald Hall 

58 minutes ago, NowThis said:

lots of questionable pro Nova calls.  I can't believe i'm arguing with a TT fan on this. Some will say that lends credence to slorch (denying something in his favor) but most people agreed on that. 

Most people would take that as a clue that they're wrong.  Nova's defense just put the screws to Tech last year.

16 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

twitter aggy are all claiming they’re gonna hire Beard, because they hired Jimbo when everyone thought Chad Morris was the obvious choice

They are fucking higher than ever....

UH is pulling away. Good. Ohio State was making a lot of 3s at the beginning. Good first half for the Coogs. Close out this game and get to the Sweet 16 for the first time since Phi Slama Jama. Kelvin Sampson is a great fucking coach.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, slorch said:

I can't believe they won their first round game.

I honestly can't believe they earned a Postseason berth...

But damn.

Going into the season if you said they'd make the round of 32, most would laugh at you.  Lon is a good coach.  Not great, but for what OU wants to get done he works well.  

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

CSB

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Most people would take that as a clue that they're wrong.  Nova's defense just put the screws to Tech last year.

this is the game thread from last year March 2018 Tech - Nova  .  Guess who wrote all those comments. 

Nova's physical style receives benefit of the doubt.  they pretty much have to foul Tech twice on the play for it to be called.

Brunson lowers his shoulder on the drive...foul on Tech.Culver gets bumped all the way around the perimeter...no call.

Last 3 Tech possessions, the shooter was fouled. No fucking whistle.  Fuck this game. We have no fucking shot if they can just play gorilla ball with no consequences.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

UH is pulling away. Good. Ohio State was making a lot of 3s at the beginning. Good first half for the Coogs. Close out this game and get to the Sweet 16 for the first time since Phi Slama Jama. Kelvin Sampson is a great fucking coach.

They hadn't won an NCAA tournament game since that team, right? 

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

They hadn't won an NCAA tournament game since that team, right? 

UH won last week and won a game last year then lost by 1 point to Michigan who made the Final game.  UH was awesome last year with that hairbun PG dude. Wish he played this year. 

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

the push in the back was huge, for the winning points.  When I played ball, i made it a point to stick my rear end hard into the guys hip, lose his balance, can't leap, refs never see it. That's the essence of boxing out, he can't even get leverage to push in the back.  This is a lost art. 

I always just stood on their foot, as well, so they couldn't jump. Never got called.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NowThis said:

UH won last week and won a game last year then lost by 1 point to Michigan who made the Final game.  UH was awesome last year with that hairbun PG dude. Wish he played this year. 

Me too. I loved man bun. He was on the Rockets for the preseason. I wonder if he is playing somewhere. Corey Davis is one of my favorite college players

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

He's probably so doped up they're practically wired shut

Hate to see him like that

See this is what everyone will assume, so you make sure to try to get a good pic.  But you're right, maybe that's the best they got.  Oxycontin is a hell of a drug.  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Kelvin Sampson and Bruce Pearl in the S16.

Tarkanian and Larry Brown wishing they hadn't retired...

Rick Pitino is planning his triumphant return I'm sure.  Maybe Dave Bliss can make a comeback too.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Great job Coogs!!! Sweet 16 for the first time in 36 years. 3 wins away from bringing the city of Houston another championship trophy. Right the wrong from 83 and bring a title back to Htown.

So Houston Cougars have never won a National Championship in basketball but were runner-ups in 1983 and 1984??

Forgot that the "Game of the Century" was just a regular season game, but many credit it with leading to the success of March Madness.

Edited by LTtxfan