2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

28 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

How does Yuli not get to play on his own bobblehead day?

many years ago, i went to a dodgers game on manny ramirez bobblehead day, and manny had been dinged up - finger injury or something, for several games, so he didn't play.

the dodgers were tied 2-2 in the 6th and the bases were loaded, and they brought manny in to pinch-hit.  and he hit a grand slam.  and i've never heard a stadium explode any louder.

moral of the story - yuli will probably hit a pinch-hit grand slam tonight, because history doesn't lie.

edit to fix score and include video, surprisingly easy to find.

Edited by henrygandorf
mind your business, surly editor
  • Like 1

Just now, UTPhil2006 said:

Awesome video... but I think you've definitely heard a stadium explode louder.

usc game?  too many usc fans.

definitely been at some loud dome/mmp games with the roof and shit is loud.  g7 of alcs was pretty loud. jj watt pick-6 vs bengals was pretty fucking loud. 

but a grand slam was loud all at once, not like the end of a game.  i wasn't at the bregman hit game but i'm sure that was louder.

let's call it the loudest open air explosion at a regular season baseball game that i've been to.

many years ago, i went to a dodgers game on manny ramirez bobblehead day, and manny had been dinged up - finger injury or something, for several games, so he didn't play.
the dodgers were tied 2-2 in the 6th and the bases were loaded, and they brought manny in to pinch-hit.  and he hit a grand slam.  and i've never heard a stadium explode any louder.
moral of the story - yuli will probably hit a pinch-hit grand slam tonight, because history doesn't lie.

edit to fix score and include video, surprisingly easy to find.

You could always count on Dusty Baker to DESTROY his own pitching staff!

Look at Great White keep the rally going.  78 mph exit velocity.  He seems to be good at those...like the old man in softball who can bloop it over the shortstop and in front of the left fielder every time.

Edited by WBT