2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

If we sign Bauer I will lose all the aforementioned trust in Luhnow.

Russell Westbrook traded to the Rockets was about as much of my least favorite player being on my favorite team that I can take.

i don't see it happening, but in this particular case, you have to believe luhnow and hinch would at least have a sit down with 3-4 key guys to even see if this was something worth discussing.  cole and joe smith have been teammates with him.  obviously plenty of our guys know him well enough.

i was actually surprised that they only went to 1-2 guys to give the go ahead on osuna (who by all accounts has been a professional, model citizen since coming over).  verlander didn't seem super pleased at the time, but that story sure went away quickly.

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't see it happening, but in this particular case, you have to believe luhnow and hinch would at least have a sit down with 3-4 key guys to even see if this was something worth discussing.  cole and joe smith have been teammates with him.  obviously plenty of our guys know him well enough.

i was actually surprised that they only went to 1-2 guys to give the go ahead on osuna (who by all accounts has been a professional, model citizen since coming over).  verlander didn't seem super pleased at the time, but that story sure went away quickly.

Well Cole supposedly hates Bauer so we have that going for us. I have no idea what Joe Smith thinks of him but Brantley also was there for the first 7 years of Bauer's career too.

Well Cole supposedly hates Bauer so we have that going for us. I have no idea what Joe Smith thinks of him but Brantley also was there for the first 7 years of Bauer's career too.

*6 Bauer played for Dbacks 1 year, but yeah Brantley was with him a long time

Dont make me start tweeting you like Kalas!! Lol

#legend 

Totally called Yordan’s bomb. Driving and listening to Cardibals broadcast. Count gets to 3-2.
Told the kids and girlfriend, “y’all listen up. Yordan is going to hit the next pitch for a home run.”
[wood meeting cowhide making sound resembling a rocket blastoff]
Cardinals announcer: “...and that ball is smoked to right center... and into the cardinals bullpen.”

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, not sure why i completely glossed over brantley.

i have confidence we'll get somebody, and i have confidence that person will not be bauer.

I hope you're right.  I still wish we had re-signed CFM then this would purely be an optional move to strengthen the bullpen for a championship run

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

*6 Bauer played for Dbacks 1 year, but yeah Brantley was with him a long time

Dont make me start tweeting you like Kalas!! Lol

Holy fuck you are right I had completely forgotten he started his career there.  I just knew he and Cole were college teammates at UCLA and that Cole was on year 7....

Regardless there isn't a single player in the entire league I would rather have less than Bauer and that is despite the fact we desperately need a starter in the worst possible way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I hope you're right.  I still wish we had re-signed CFM then this would purely be an optional move to strengthen the bullpen for a championship run

Holy fuck you are right I had completely forgotten he started his career there.  I just knew he and Cole were college teammates at UCLA and that Cole was on year 7....

Regardless there isn't a single player in the entire league I would rather have less than Bauer and that is despite the fact we desperately need a starter in the worst possible way.

Not disagreeing with you at all but Puig would be up there, too.

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Between AJ Reed, JD Davis, and Tyler White, Luhnow has let some key bullpen arms slip through his fingers.  We have no one to soak up garbage innings when we are being blown out now.  You’ve got three days to fill that hole, Luhnow.  

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Between AJ Reed, JD Davis, and Tyler White, Luhnow has let some key bullpen arms slip through his fingers.  We have no one to soak up garbage innings when we are being blown out now.  You’ve got three days to fill that hole, Luhnow.  

Well AJ Reed got through the inning 3 up and 3 down so he's the ace of the trio especially compared to White

if not for the worst inning of pressly's astros career (who may or may not be injured) along with the hottest homerun hitter in the nl, it likely would've been a sweep.  blew leads in both the 7th and 8th.  and that was their ace vs one of our milb arms.

oh well, fuck it.  we went into st louis and showed their first place team what a real first place team looks like.

best record in the al for the first time in i don't even know how long.

go bosox.