2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

They won 73 games lost the NBA Finals and weren't the best team in the NBA without him.

Ftfy. Their regular season win total is meaningless. They blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals against a Cavs team at full strength (.e. not missing Irving and Love to injury) and lost. They needed KD.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What's their winning percentage with KD out and Curry in?  Also GS's greatest team was without KD on it.  This is the wrong forum to argue anything against KD, I get it. 

Also, I completely agree KD is the best there is right now.  But there's just something about how GS moves the ball without KD in there.  Also, I didn't come right out and say they're better without KD because his D is the truth and that can't be ignored. 

Again, they move the ball better yet they are less efficient. Period.

And their greatest team ever didn’t win the title?

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Ftfy. Their regular season win total is meaningless. They blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals against a Cavs team at full strength (.e. not missing Irving and Love to injury) and lost. They needed KD.

Get outta here with that common sense stuff.

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

They’re not going down next round.

Book it was too strong.  But if Durant isn't back I want to see if GS can rely on 3 players to carry them to 4 of 7 with a shit bench.  Don't want to see Durant out the entire series but it will be interesting if he is.

Bro Dame gonna send em home

Dame ain’t getting past Denver. Jokic will give them big time trouble but their youth won’t get them over the hump. If they do play Portland, they are prone to choking like the Rockets as well.

Only the Bucks can take them down, with or without Durant.

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Really? I think both are better than Houston, with Denver having the edge.

And GS hasn't exactly looked unbeatable....Clips took them to 6, and let's he honest, the Rockets straight up lost this series, just handed it right to the Warriors.

No doubt. Rockets played like shit in the clutch this series. Even in their wins. Warriors can be beat.  

You dumbasses talking this better without KD nonsense need to stop and go back and watch the championship they lost to Cleveland, and then watch them the next year.
The thing that KD absolutely delivers is a guy that gets his own shot when the shot clock is running down. If Curry is not hot and drawing the double team no one else on GSW can consistently get open. Curry winds up with hugely contested DEEP 3's. Farther you go in the playoffs, refs letting them play a little, Curry has some struggles at times, and they become very beatable. Durant puts a stop to that.
Yeah they have slowly got away from what to me was the most beautiful ball I've seen. That first year with Durant, when things were clicking it was truly special. They have gotten lazy knowing KD will bail them out. I predict if KD makes it back, they will get back to that beautiful ball, no more heat check crap. Don't be afraid to run the offense, etc.

Golden State’s 73-9 team with a healthy Steph Curry is an all-timer and would have won it with a healthy Steph Curry and Draymond on the floor. They were lethal then and they are lethal now and the Rockets would have been fortunate to beat them tonight. This was not a upset.

Durant helps them in all phases and gives them other ways to beat you, and most notably removes OKC from beating them. Their offense can stagnant with Durant in there, but they’re gold either way. This bickering is pointless!
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Again, it's a team game. KD isn't a team player. They were winning bigger with this same exact team before he got there. 

That Warriors team had Leandro Barbosa, Harrison Barnes, a younger Andrew Bogut, a younger Iggy, Festus Ezeli, Mo Speights, Ian Clark, and Brandon Rush just to name a few. So no they weren’t the exact same team not even a little bit

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And you know this. If KD was on the court tonight, he might score 40, but the Rockets win. Then you go back to GS, win in 7, your hero gets a series MVP, and you still don't understand that winning in 6 is better than winning in 7. I will take it further than that though. Warriors sweep this series with no KD. 

giphy.gif

NOPE........

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Again, they move the ball better yet they are less efficient. Period.

And their greatest team ever didn’t win the title?

Yep - you're right, I shouldn't have called them the greatest when they lost that title. But what's their win % with KD out and Curry in?  Last couple years?  I believe 28-4.  That can't be ignored.  And for the third time, I'll concede they're better with KD but imo that's because of his D.  

• Like 1

Warriors are 30-4 when Curry plays and Durant does not. People still get blinded on KD's points and now think this his team and he's the most important piece. Doesn't work that way. This is still The original trio's team, mainly Curry. It will never be KD's team. He knows that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Meh, they probably would have won if they were at full strength themselves (not an excuse, Golden State royally fucked themselves with big man depth). But I thought the '16-'17 Cavs were MUCH better than their championship team, so I'm not sure the Warriors would have won that year even in perfect health. With KD, they torched them.

Book it was too strong.  But if Durant isn't back I want to see if GS can rely on 3 players to carry them to 4 of 7 with a shit bench.  Don't want to see Durant out the entire series but it will be interesting if he is.

Got you. Their thin bench is a concern for sure.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Warriors are 30-4 when Curry plays and Durant does not. People still get blinded on KD's points and now think this his team and he's the most important piece. Doesn't work that way. This is still The original trio's team, mainly Curry. It will never be KD's team. He knows that.

This right here. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Dude, forget offense,  his defense has been elite this series. You can't argue that some minimum player off the bench makes the team better. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep - you're right, I shouldn't have called them the greatest when they lost that title. But what's their win % with KD out and Curry in?  Last couple years?  I believe 28-4.  That can't be ignored.  And for the third time, I'll concede they're better with KD but imo that's because of his D.  

But you can ignore that their offense is statistically better with KD?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I'm looking very hard at 30-4 without him.  And you calling it a fucking SLAM DUNK they're better with him.  Sorry, but 30-4 says there's at least an argument to be had.  

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

For real. The Warriors sweep the Rockets if they play how they did without KD. Now maybe it's not KDs fault that his teammates do nothing when he is in there.  Some of them are bitches for sure. But they actually do play worse when he is in there. They don't score as much and don't touch the ball as much, but more importantly, they don't play defense as well and they don't crash the boards as well. They stand and watch the KD show just like you do. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

The regular season is super important 

You have a weird way of being done with an argument.  Forget it, I'll say it.  They're better with KD.  It's not this open/shut case like you want to make it out to be - especially if you take D out of the equation.  But all good, it's a stupid argument to waste our breath on but a few drinks and arguing can be good fun.  Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

For real. The Warriors sweep the Rockets if they play how they did without KD. Now maybe it's not KDs fault that his teammates do nothing when he is in there.  Some of them are bitches for sure. But they actually do play worse when he is in there. They don't score as much and don't touch the ball as much, but more importantly, they don't play defense as well and they don't crash the boards as well. They stand and watch the KD show just like you do. 

Go to bed dude. The Warriors are not a better defensive team without Durant. That’s ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You have a weird way of being done with an argument.  Forget it, I'll say it.  They're better with KD.  It's not this open/shut case like you want to make it out to be - especially if you take D out of the equation.  But all good, it's a stupid argument to waste our breath on but a few drinks and arguing can be good fun.  Cheers

Every time I think I’m out... lol.

Its just common sense man. We can dig into the stats but do we really need to. The best player in the world makes you better.

Cheers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean It’s really not rocket science dude. You don’t take the best player on the planet off a team and that team gets better. No!!! 1+1=2 any way you slice it. Warriors are still a really good team without him but suggesting they’re better is silly

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Go to bed dude. The Warriors are not a better defensive team without Durant. That’s ridiculous 

Let's be clear.  They are never a good defensive team. They allowed 111 ppg this year.  They outscore their opponent better, play with more heart, and have their players play harder defensively when KD isnt on the floor. 

Green's play with and without KD should tell you all you need to know. He stood around a lot and made a handful of dirty plays with KD. Without KD, he played hard on both sides of the court, and made some key offensive and defensive plays, while still making a handful of dirty plays. The only consistent thing was his dirty play. 

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean It’s really not rocket science dude. You don’t take the best player on the planet off a team and that team gets better. No!!! 1+1=2 any way you slice it. Warriors are still a really good team without him but suggesting they’re better is silly

Sure you do. Cuz teams have 5 men on the floor at any given time and there is only one ball. Iso ball is tough for other players on the team.  It dulls them at both ends of the court. Phil Jackson introduced the triangle for a reason. 

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Can we stop with this "best player on the planet" crap? No. Just no. KD is the best scorer in the game. If he was the "best player on the planet" he would not be on Golden State.

Nope. Pretty clearly the number 1 right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Let's be clear.  They are never a good defensive team. They allowed 111 ppg this year. 

They are exceptional on defense when they care. Top 5 in their first two Finals seasons. #1 in basically every category in KD's first year with Draymond winning a long overdue DPOY. #1 in the playoffs in 2017. #2 last postseason. They didn't bother against the Clippers in this year's first round, but stepped it up against Houston.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You clearly only watch them when they play Houston.

@FondrenRoad

I've seen roughly 100 of their games over the last few years. Probably 20 or so this year.  How many have you seen?

But I'm a bball fan. I always find someone to watch and enjoy the game overall. I actually hate this formation of the Rockets even though I am a Houston fan.  Iso hero ball sucks. 

I guess you're a warriors fan. How many games did you watch this year where the warriors didn't play?  Or maybe just a KD fan that follows him around like a schoolgirl?  I get it though. KD is your childhood hero and he can do no wrong. I know how childhood heroes work. 

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They are exceptional on defense when they care. Top 5 in their first two Finals seasons. #1 in basically every category in KD's first year with Draymond winning a long overdue DPOY. #1 in the playoffs in 2017. #2 last postseason. They didn't bother against the Clippers in this year's first round, but stepped it up against Houston.

The one player you mentioned here, Draymond, played like shit until KD went down. And then played like a beast.