2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

7 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Durant is the biggest bitch of all time. Cannot believe he’s associated with the University in any aspect. Fuck that dude. 

Tell me something he ever did for UT and I’ll respect him. He didn’t do shit. One and done who ran to GSW once OKC was too hard for him. 

I have zero affiliation with UT and even I know this is a stupid fucking take.    He has donated millions to the school for one thing.   He reps UT to the fullest.   You sound stupid as fuck.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Houston fans love to  cherrypick and bitch without acknowledging that bad calls go both ways. Seems bitching is all Houston fans do these days. 

What about in Game 3 when CP3 fouled on the jump ball with a couple seconds left? And on and on it goes. 

It's like they can't read the 2 minute report where the warriors got screwed in games 3 & 4. 

Foul calls are more grey area, when a dude steps blatantly out of bounds touching the ball then it's more annoying of a missed call.

Edited by Pam Cummings

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Foul calls are more grey area, when a dude steps blatantly put of bounds touching the ball then it gets annoying.

Those calls are definitely not blatant. Happens all the time on shots where the shooters foot touches down before the ball has completely left their hands. It's never called. They're such split-second judgement calls that require the ref to be looking very closely at the hands and feet at the exact same time. 

And I'm gonna need to see more angles than one blurry pic before saying definitively he was out of bounds. 

Lots of calls are wrong, for both teams. Houston has taken bitching about refs to a new stratosphere. But when they benefit from bad calls, not a peep. 

The old story about the boy who cries wolf is really appropriate here. CP3 and Harden can't spend their entire careers flopping around like they've been shot when anyone gets near them, and then demand a "fair chance" from the refs. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

38 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Those calls are definitely not blatant. Happens all the time on shots where the shooters foot touches down before the ball has completely left their hands. It's never called. They're such split-second judgement calls that require the ref to be looking very closely at the hands and feet at the exact same time. 

And I'm gonna need to see more angles than one blurry pic before saying definitively he was out of bounds. 

Lots of calls are wrong, for both teams. Houston has taken bitching about refs to a new stratosphere. But when they benefit from bad calls, not a peep. 

The old story about the boy who cries wolf is really appropriate here. CP3 and Harden can't spend their entire careers flopping around like they've been shot when anyone gets near them, and then demand a "fair chance" from the refs. 

Um, nearly 100% of the time -- especially on shots away from the basket -- a shooter is in the air when the ball leaves his hand. Or am I missing something?

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Game 7 would be on Sunday. Best case scenario Durant is out a week, worst case scenario he's out through the Finals.

GS should get used to not having him out there.

Durant is done. That is not a calf injury or whatever the fuck Golden State wants you to believe it is.

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Um, nearly 100% of the time -- especially on shots away from the basket -- a shooter is in the air when the ball leaves his hand. Or am I missing something?

on a jump shot if the shooter is still touching the ball when he lands on the ground the shot will be very shitty.  Physics and stuff.

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

There's no way the Rockets could ever lose game 6 at home against a team without it's best player. 

That's Golden State's best hope: get out to a fast start, and hope that the ghosts of Johnathan Simmons and Patty Mills creep in.

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

on a jump shot if the shooter is still touching the ball when he lands on the ground the shot will be very shitty.  Physics and stuff.

And traveling

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Obviously I'm not talking about a simple jump shot. Watch a few up and under moves, or any other difficult shot that requires a fake and time in the air. 

And I'm taking about a millisecond analysis if the ball has fully left the hand when any part of the shoe touched down. It's usually a bang bang play. 

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

No, they complain when calls go in their favor too. See the analysis from last year where a missed foul on Harden cost them one point.

Here's a gem from that report: 

"With about 10:40 left in the third quarter, Eric Gordon lost the ball when he dribbled it off Curry's foot. In the game, it was a live-ball turnover. The league deemed it a "potential infraction" kicked ball on Curry, according to Houston's analysis -- meaning it might have been a kick, but there is no way to tell conclusively. The Rockets counted that as 1.1 points lost, using what appears to have been an estimate of their average half-court points per possession, according to league sources."

Whhhhaaatt? 1.1 points awarded by the Whining Fairy for a ball dribbled of Curry's foot that the league said was a "potential infraction". Yea, that's a really legit analysis. 

23 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Obviously I'm not talking about a simple jump shot. Watch a few up and under moves, or any other difficult shot that requires a fake and time in the air. 

And I'm taking about a millisecond analysis if the ball has fully left the hand when any part of the shoe touched down. It's usually a bang bang play. 

How many of those, however, involve the baseline? Where out-of-bounds comes into play almost exclusively is behind the 3-point arc in the corners because these dudes wear size 18 shoes and can barely stay in bounds, especially if a pass is one that makes them adjust to catch it.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

There's no way the Rockets could ever lose game 6 at home against a team without it's best player. 

Could Houston lose game 6 with KD gone? yea it's one game, Most good teams like that spurs team can survive a game or two but not over a 7 game series.

I mean it's not like Steph, Klay and Dray ever won a title before KD. Oh wait.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Could Houston lose game 6 with KD gone? yea it's one game, Most good teams like that spurs team can survive a game or two but not over a 7 game series.

I mean it's not like Steph, Klay and Dray ever won a title before KD. Oh wait.

KD wasn't the only thing different about that team. This team is not the same team that won a title before KD arrived.

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

KD wasn't the only thing different about that team. This team is not the same team that won a title before KD arrived.

Exactly and that’s my point. Could Houston lose 1 game and that game be tomorrow night without KD? Absolutely. 

If we are talking about no KD for the entire 7 game series that’s different and would make a huge impact but let’s not act like no KD all the sudden makes the warriors some shit squad that can’t win a game or two without him. Could they win it all if they survive this round and have to go the rest of the playoffs without KD? I don’t think so.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Exactly and that’s my point. Could Houston lose 1 game and that game be tomorrow night without KD? Absolutely. 

If we are talking about no KD for the entire 7 game series that’s different and would make a huge impact but let’s not act like no KD all the sudden makes the warriors some shit squad that can’t win a game or two without him. Could they win it all if they survive this round and have to go the rest of the playoffs without KD? I don’t think so.

Correct.   Far worse teams have been able to rally the troops and pull out a win or two.    If KD's injury happened in gm 1 it would be totally different.   HOU not only has to beat the Warriors they also have to exorcise their demons of failing in must win situations.

Damn, you still seem pretty mad at the Rockets for not being able to close it out without Paul.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Damn, you still seem pretty mad at the Rockets for not being able to close it out without Paul.

Huh? You seem like moron trying to create a argument. 

I’m responding to the video posted acting like it would be a surprise if Houston lost with KD being out? Not sure what any of that has to do with Houston losing without cp3. The two situations are polar opposite, no KD leaves them with the core group that won a title and no cp3 left them with Harden and role players.

10 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

That’s amazing if true.  Mild is probably 10-14 days for we mere mortals.  He may be able to get down to 7-10 days with 24 hour treatment.  As a basketball fan, very thankful it wasn’t more serious.

welp, Houston.  All on you!  Can u beat basically a 4 man team?  This will be your best opportunity to win a ship to this point. You pissed away last night.  Can you win 2 straight, one on the road?  A championship team finishes them off...

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That’s amazing if true.  Mild is probably 10-14 days for we mere mortals.  He may be able to get down to 7-10 days with 24 hour treatment.  As a basketball fan, very thankful it wasn’t more serious.

welp, Houston.  All on you!  Can u beat basically a 4 man team?  This will be your best opportunity to win a ship to this point. You pissed away last night.  Can you win 2 straight, one on the road?  A championship team finishes them off...

Yep. Though once KD leaves Golden State after this season, the Rockets will have probably 1 more year before Paul becomes irrelevant, though he's very close to that right now.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not only will it be their best opportunity to win a ship at this point, it might be their last for a while. I don't see a ton of people talking about it but Chris Paul is rapidly declining before our eyes. He used to be such a witch in the halfcourt, weaving his way in and out of screens and drilling everything in the mid range and now they are effectively guarding him with Kevon Looney 25 feet from the basket. Last night CP3 was 3-14 from the field and 0-6 from three. Everybody knew that contract was an albatross when he signed it, but it is looking like the worst contract in the league right now. Say what you will about John Wall's atrocious deal, but the dude is still only 28 years old. Three seasons from now the Rockets will be paying Paul $44 million. They are proper fucked with that deal.

And other than Capela, there is nada in the pipeline from a youth perspective. Not to mention that Capela has been pretty underwhelming in this series too. It's now or never for this group.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep. Though once KD leaves Golden State after this season, the Rockets will have probably 1 more year before Paul becomes irrelevant, though he's very close to that right now.

He isn't very much help right now.   Most of his assistance comes in flopping like a shot animal to bait refs into calls.  

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

there is so much stupid here.  a 4 man team?  dumb.

this isn't Houston's best opportunity to win a championship.  that would have been last year.  game 7 in Houston in the WC finals.  win that and the Finals are a cake walk.  hell, even if Houston wins this series, they'd still have to win 2 more series w/out HCA.

finish them off?  Houston is down 3-2, not up 3-2.  that's a lot of work to do.

Edited by Jive Turkey

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Not only will it be their best opportunity to win a ship at this point, it might be their last for a while. I don't see a ton of people talking about it but Chris Paul is rapidly declining before our eyes. He used to be such a witch in the halfcourt, weaving his way in and out of screens and drilling everything in the mid range and now they are effectively guarding him with Kevon Looney 25 feet from the basket. Last night CP3 was 3-14 from the field and 0-6 from three. Everybody knew that contract was an albatross when he signed it, but it is looking like the worst contract in the league right now. Say what you will about John Wall's atrocious deal, but the dude is still only 28 years old. Three seasons from now the Rockets will be paying Paul $44 million. They are proper fucked with that deal.

And other than Capela, there is nada in the pipeline from a youth perspective. Not to mention that Capela has been pretty underwhelming in this series too. It's now or never for this group.

Yeah, but Morey has proven he can move bad contracts, though Paul's will be the worst ever.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Durant is done. That is not a calf injury or whatever the fuck Golden State wants you to believe it is.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

I actually lean this way too. 

So... guessing you two aren't in med school?

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So... guessing you two aren't in med school?

No shit.  That was/is a weird thought pattern last night and this morning.  Why the hell would the Warriors be lying about an achilles injury that would keep him out for the rest of the series, only to disguise it as a calf strain...that would keep him out for the rest of the series.

Edited by aggie08

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No shit.  That was/is a weird thought pattern last night and this morning.  Why the hell would the Warriors be lying about an achilles injury that would keep him out for the rest of the series, only to disguise it as a calf strain...that would keep him out for the rest of the series.

I'm not necessarily saying it's an achilles but I think its not just a "mild" calf strain. 

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, but Morey has proven he can move bad contracts, though Paul's will be the worst ever.

I think Morey is a great GM, but they have been mortgaging the future over there. They need to win now. They haven't had a first round pick since 2015 and they had to trade this year's first rounder to dump more salary. That's 4 straight years without a first round pick and as I mentioned the only decent young asset they have on their roster is Capela. It's one thing to dump Ryan Anderson at $35 million over two years, it's entirely another to dump $85 million for Chris Paul over two years, especially when you've got nothing else to offer other than draft picks. Plus  rookie contracts make the rest of the cap much more palatable and balanced when you are constantly signing vets to make a championship run. Harden is good enough to keep them in the playoffs for the foreseeable future, but they are going to have to make chicken salad with the rest of that roster if they want to win a ring.

1 minute ago, d2o said:

I'm not necessarily saying it's an achilles but I think its not just a "mild" calf strain. 

So first you say it isn't "just a calf injury".

Then when it is reported as "just a calf injury" you change stance from "well it's not just a mild calf injury". 

What incentive exactly does the Warriors staff have to lie about an injury to a player that you can't game plan for anyway?

If houston makes it to game 7 without KD I like their chances, it almost feels like game 6 and limited time to prepare and not knowing exactly what the warriors will do or who they will play that Steph and klay will go off for over 30 each. 

Probably will be Steph, klay, iggy, dray and Bogut or looney. Livingston off the bench and not sure after that. Either way Harden has to have a monster game to keep the series alive and not disappear down the stretch.

38 minutes ago, d2o said:

Why lie? He’s out for this series either way. Teams lie about injuries that’s true but there is just no reason for them to lie about this.

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If houston makes it to game 7 without KD I like their chances, it almost feels like game 6 and limited time to prepare and not knowing exactly what the warriors will do or who they will play that Steph and klay will go off for over 30 each. 

Probably will be Steph, klay, iggy, dray and Bogut or looney. Livingston off the bench and not sure after that. Either way Harden has to have a monster game to keep the series alive and not disappear down the stretch.

Depends on rebounding. Whoever wins that battle has won every game so far in this series. You just can't give either team too many 2nd chances.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

So first you say it isn't "just a calf injury".

Then when it is reported as "just a calf injury" you change stance from "well it's not just a mild calf injury". 

What incentive exactly does the Warriors staff have to lie about an injury to a player that you can't game plan for anyway?

Who knows.  KD may not want them to report it.    Does a "mild calf strain sound like something that would have you missing multiple playoff games?

Just now, d2o said:

Who knows.  KD may not want them to report it.    Does a "mild calf strain sound like something that would have you missing multiple playoff games?

Yes, it does. 

"A Grade 1 strain, considered a "pulled muscle" with minimal tearing, is the mildest and takes 7-10 days to recover from. — A Grade 2 strain, an incomplete muscle tear, requires 3-6 weeks of recovery time."

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yes. Have you ever tried to jump with an injured calf?

Sure have. 

I hope I'm wrong cause I want MIL to beat them at full strength.   Just saying from what I saw it seems like more.  

Edited by d2o

7 minutes ago, d2o said:

Sure have. 

I hope I'm wrong cause I want MIL to beat them at full strength.   Just saying from what I saw it seems like more.  

Then you should know that playing through a calf sprain isn’t really possible in this sport.