2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 07:45 PM

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Why do y’all do this

Cuz its true. If Durant is in, he scores 30, the rest of the team is barely involved and they lose this one.  You know it's a team game, right?  This is the best team GS can put on the floor. Even if it doesn't include their best one on one player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Cuz its true. If Durant is in, he scores 30, the rest of the team is barely involved and they lose this one.  You know it's a team game, right?  This is the best team GS can put on the floor. Even if it doesn't include their best one on one player. 

No it isn’t. 

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

I think they move the ball better a lot of the time without him.

Absolutely. KD is a ball stopping iso player. One of the best scorers the game has seen but a ball stopper none the less. That's his game. And he's damn good at it. But this narrative the Warriors are severely hindered without him is so fucking dumb. They have been without KD for many stretches and they don't miss him. Their team ball is much better without Durant.

Just now, NowThis said:

Splash Brothers @ 2016   reborn, just made crazy clutch shots. The size advantage of GS really bothers Houston.  

This is the end of the Rockets era. Will have to retool for another shot after 5-7 years if ever. 

Rockets need an all star big. Way too small.

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

They don't want to face the truth. They also don't want to face that he was just as much to blame in OKC for their failures as Westbrook. Both are the same type of player in that they don't really play team ball. Nothing but them trying to score while the others stand around. It's just when you place KD on this machine, his flaws are hidden. But when he's the face of the team like OKC, they are exposed.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

And it's tied. Steph will heat up, but Klay will cool down. And I've got to think Looney and Livingston won't continue to get 75% of the offensive rebound chances.

God Steph has been abysmal though.

This changed in Winning Time^^^

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Houston will never get over this.  

There were multiple points in this game, multiple, where Golden State had just one scoring option on the floor.  And Houston's defense was simply atrocious.  

Yep, they won't get over this. 

Houston wasn't that great of a team.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely. KD is a ball stopping iso player. One of the best scorers the game has seen but a ball stopper none the less. That's his game. And he's damn good at it. But this narrative the Warriors are severely hindered without him is so fucking dumb. They have been without KD for many stretches and they don't miss him. Their team ball is much better without Durant.

They aren’t severely hindered. They are still really good. They are better with the best player in the world. Crazy I know.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

No it isn’t. 

Sure it is. Maybe you haven't watched their games. When Durant is in, Thompson and Green's play is much worse. And Curry sits back too. 

Right now, this is the best team they can put on the court. And it will win the NBA Finals. Bucks can beat the 1D Durant led team, but not this one. 

Yeah, I'm not buying the narrative this team is better without Durant. That's ridiculous.  I think "a" GS team can be just as good without Durant but the depth on this team are dudes that never play on balanced teams  I don't think they can win the next series without Durant.   No way they should have won tonight, but choke city gonna choke city.

Edited by Skipper

Just now, NowThis said:

when tied at 97, could'nt make more, it was over then.   

This is really really sad.   GS has more length and height.

Capela did get some manly boards the last 2 minutes though lol, he played hard. 

The Capela in the last two minutes shows up the entire series and the Rockets may have had a chance.

Just now, Skipper said:

Yeah, I'm not buying the narrative this team is better without Durant. That's ridiculous.  I think "a" team can be just as good with Durant but the depth on this team are dudes that never play on balanced teams  I don't think they can win the next series without Durant.   No way they should have won tonight, but choke city gonna choke city.

they are 28-1 without KD 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anyone who thinks GSW is better without the best player in the world is fucking stupid.

They might move the ball better but they are not better with their best offensive and best defensive player off the court

They aren’t better, but they’re more fun to watch. Curry and Klay don’t have the same killer instinct when KD is our there. When those two are on, it doesn’t matter who else they have. They’re going to win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Warriors go down next round if Durant isn't back.  Book it.

Portland and Denver are still just cute teams playing in the JV half of the bracket. The Warriors are champions. They'll need KD for the East champ though.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Sure it is. Maybe you haven't watched their games. When Durant is in, Thompson and Green's play is much worse. And Curry sits back too. 

Right now, this is the best team they can put on the court. And it will win the NBA Finals. Bucks can beat the 1D Durant led team, but not this one. 

No it isn’t. Maybe you haven’t watched (I watch a fuck ton of warrior games because west coast is what’s on that fits my schedule) but Green plays like shit in the regular season because it doesn’t matter. You do not get better by taking the best player of the court and if you think you do then you need to watch more basketball 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

They aren’t better, but they’re more fun to watch. Curry and Klay don’t have the same killer instinct when KD is our there. When those two are on, it doesn’t matter who else they have. They’re going to win.

This is a 100% fair take.