2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

KD elbowing CP3 in the face: https://streamable.com/171qi
Draymond trying to sell a hit to the head, kinda hurts himself flopping to the floor lol:  https://streamable.com/nrbmj

Through 4 games James Harden has 143 points this series. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson have a combined 145 points.
Harden:
143 points on 108 shots
29 rebounds
20 assists
Durant:
144 points on 100 shots
20 rebounds
18 assists

Rockets’ P.J. Tucker: ‘I’m living my dream right now guarding Kevin Durant’  https://theundefeated.com/features/houston-rockets-pj-tucker-im-living-my-dream-right-now-guarding-kevin-durant/

I wished he had lived his dream of playong with KD at Texas. Would have been a great team. He’s exactly what they needed.

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Questioning whether or not the Rockets are better than the Clippers is a scorching hot take.

Not until Houston wins another game.

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

but I'd bet either of these teams will be favored over the Bucks or whomever in the East.

I don't think the Rockets would be, if only because they wouldn't have HCA. Bucks are at +300 right now to win the Finals, Houston is at +400. Warriors still favored at -120 which seems generous to me. 

I actually like MIL at +300 and HOU at +400. Houston played 42 minutes of championship basketball last night. It was the last 6 minutes that I would be concerned about if I was a Rockets fan or had money on them to do anything. 

38 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I wished he had lived his dream of playong with KD at Texas. Would have been a great team. He’s exactly what they needed.

yep.  had pj come back for his senior year, the kd team would have been substantially better than they were.

SIAP but how was this not a foul? Durant stared at him and deliberately threw his elbow into his face. Not sure the exact rules but couldn't that have been a flagrant? That was no accident in the spirit of play.

Edited by Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Hell it would've been nice if PJ had just taken care of his grades and played a full 3 seasons.

Blame Mack Brown's boy Brian Davis for that one.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2014/6/3/5776838/brian-davis-texas-longhorns-fired-football-academic-advisor

Back when he was also in charge of the basketball program, the academic issues of PJ Tucker prompted the former administration to elevate Randa Ryan into the role of executive senior athletics director for student service, a fancy way of saying that she has been responsible for overseeing the academic support staff and student services for all sports with the exception of football.

In other words, she was essentially elevated over Davis, who was left his own little fiefdom as someone who had followed Brown from North Carolina. Under Brown, such relationships seemingly made people nearly untouchable, with only gross incompetence like the 2010 season from Greg Davis and the sexual harassment suit brought against Cleve Bryant capable of breaking those ties.

45 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

SIAP but how was this not a foul? Durant stared at him and deliberately threw his elbow into his face. Not sure the exact rules but couldn't that have been a flagrant? That was no accident in the spirit of play.

That's pretty dirty.  If it was anyone other than cp3 I'd feel bad for the guy 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

had all three guys who left early in 2006 stayed at Texas:

G- DJ Augustin

G- Boobie Gibson

G/F- Kevin Durant

F- PJ Tucker 

F/C- LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench:

AJ Abrams

Damion James

Justin Mason

Connor Atchley

we would have gone undefeated and played Florida in the most hyped title game ever.

That's the definition of a flagrant 2, non basketball move with intent to injure. But it's a superstar, so nothing will happen. Would be great if the NBA suspended Durant next game, and we get a repeat of how they lost in 2016 with a key player getting suspended for doing something stupid.
  • Like 1

G- DJ Augustin
G- Boobie Gibson
G/F- Kevin Durant
F- PJ Tucker 
F/C- LaMarcus Aldridge
Bench:
AJ Abrams
Damion James
Justin Mason
Connor Atchley
we would have gone undefeated and played Florida in the most hyped title game ever.

With a little luck, that's a Finals team.

From Zach Lowe:

Houston is plus-21 in 45 minutes with P.J. Tucker at center against the Warriors. That (very small) lineup has rebounded 35.4% of its own misses, which is comical. Warriors have been awful boxing out Tucker.

Felt like Tucker rebounded 100% of their misses in the last 5 minutes. What a beast.

21 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

G- DJ Augustin

G- Boobie Gibson

G/F- Kevin Durant

F- PJ Tucker 

F/C- LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench:

AJ Abrams

Damion James

Justin Mason

Connor Atchley

Holy shit. That would have been one of the best college teams ever on paper. With Rick Barnes coaching, it loses to a scrappy underdog in the Elite 8.

20 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
24 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:
G- DJ Augustin
G- Boobie Gibson
G/F- Kevin Durant
F- PJ Tucker 
F/C- LaMarcus Aldridge
Bench:
AJ Abrams
Damion James
Justin Mason
Connor Atchley

Read more  

With a little luck, that's a Finals team.

lol for real. in the East? shit, that's the one seed. 

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

From Zach Lowe:

Houston is plus-21 in 45 minutes with P.J. Tucker at center against the Warriors. That (very small) lineup has rebounded 35.4% of its own misses, which is comical. Warriors have been awful boxing out Tucker.

Felt like Tucker rebounded 100% of their misses in the last 5 minutes. What a beast.

Tucker is a monster on the offensive glass. A true rebounding artist a la Chuck or Rodman. 

Draymond is a dirty mfer...

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for years... He could just be great, but he can't seem to just be great. He has to always be in some bs...

Two face tracks in two games isn't an accident. You're a dirty fuck.

• Like 1

To me, it looks like Golden State is unbeatable when they have about four or five passes on offense, like that one Spurs series where they (I think it was) made the Heat look silly. But when they come down on offense, one pass and shoot, like Thompson has been doing, and missing, they are not the best team in the world.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

To me, it looks like Golden State is unbeatable when they have about four or five passes on offense, like that one Spurs series where they (I think it was) made the Heat look silly. But when they come down on offense, one pass and shoot, like Thompson has been doing, and missing, they are not the best team in the world.

Yep that was the 2014 Finals. Spurs played some of the best team ball I have ever seen for an entire series. Embarrassed the Heat. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not until Houston wins another game.

I don't think the Rockets would be, if only because they wouldn't have HCA. Bucks are at +300 right now to win the Finals, Houston is at +400. Warriors still favored at -120 which seems generous to me. 

I actually like MIL at +300 and HOU at +400. Houston played 42 minutes of championship basketball last night. It was the last 6 minutes that I would be concerned about if I was a Rockets fan or had money on them to do anything. 

You understand that the Bucks and Rockets are playing different opponents, with different series, right? The Bucks are much more likely to get to the Finals, which is a pre-requisite of them winning the Finals; the Rockets are less likely. If anything, given the more difficult path that the Rockets have (and the fact that their series is 2-2 vs 3-1), this implies that Houston would absolutely be favored against the Bucks.

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep that was the 2014 Finals. Spurs played some of the best team ball I have ever seen for an entire series. Embarrassed the Heat. 

After that series, I think Pop said that they would never play like that again.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

imgur>

I'm surprised CP3 wasn't concussed. I mean it's generally those blows that graze your skin which cause the most torsion of the brain when you try to flop to the ground.

• Like 3

Hahaha. Durant barely grazed Paul's chin when going to grab his arm to throw it off of him and we have the usual babies in here crying like he threw a vicious elbow to the face on purpose.

Durant's elbow comes from Paul's right but somehow the sheer force of the massive blow causes Paul's head to turn to the right. The same direction the "vicious elbow" came from.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I mean seriously, watch that gif again. Paul's head and chin don't move at all from the elbow contact. The first actual movement by Paul in response to contact is when Durant's forearm hits his chest. Paul's head and chin actually move forward relative to his body first because his chin isn't even really hit but his chest is.

Then he turns his head to the side and contorts his body in a spin to the ground in a standard issue terrible flop.

Edited by Huckleberry

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha. Durant barely grazed Paul's chin when going to grab his arm to throw it off of him and we have the usual babies in here crying like he threw a vicious elbow to the face on purpose.

Durant's elbow comes from Paul's right but somehow the sheer force of the massive blow causes Paul's head to turn to the right. The same direction the "vicious elbow" came from.

He did throw it on purpose. That is pretty fucking clear. Who is saying it was vicious? Doesn't matter. It was a deliberate, dirty play. A lot of dirty players in this series so I guess let it play on and have them beat up on each other.

Flopper put a forearm in Mister Chippys back and when he retaliated Flopper did as floppers do.

It wasn't a huge blow but in the context of those two it was entirely predictable.  If someone had done that to Draymond he might have been seriously hurt when he FLOPPPPPPED.

Plenty of bad actors in this series, makes PJ look like a saint and the most likable player on either team by a mile.

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He did throw it on purpose. That is pretty fucking clear. Who is saying it was vicious? Doesn't matter. It was a deliberate, dirty play. A lot of dirty players in this series so I guess let it play on and have them beat up on each other.

Durant didn't throw an elbow, he went to get Paul's arm off him and his elbow happened to go near Paul's face. I thought he threw an intentional elbow myself until i saw that super slow mo replay.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's not clear to anyone intelligent because it didn't happen. He was going to grab Paul's arm to throw it off of him because it was in his back. You know, if you're not just seeing what you want to see because you have a vendetta.

also, for as much as people talk about Draymond and KD and disliking their antics, Chris Paul has been one of the dirtiest, floppingest players in the league for a decade. He's in the same class as Draymond and The Worm when it comes to playing dirty, pushing the boundaries, and being theatrical. Honestly no use in complaining about any of it. Just sit back and enjoy the drama. It's like a soap opera for men watching these two teams go at it. Just a shame that Beverly is no longer around. But Tucker likes to mix it up as well, and he's much more adept at doing it slyly than any of these other guys, so we got that going for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

also, for as much as people talk about Draymond and KD and disliking their antics, Chris Paul has been one of the dirtiest, floppingest players in the league for a decade. He's in the same class as Draymond and The Worm when it comes to playing dirty, pushing the boundaries, and being theatrical. Honestly no use in complaining about any of it. Just sit back and enjoy the drama. It's like a soap opera for men watching these two teams go at it. Just a shame that Beverly is no longer around. But Tucker likes to mix it up as well, and he's much more adept at doing it slyly than any of these other guys, so we got that going for us.

But he's a union officer!  He was elected!

Just now, TonyTexas said:

Replay does a poor job of indicating force of impact. I’m sure many thought Hardin was being dramatic about his head shot last night until they saw Durant holding his elbow.

Granted momentum or physics is a fairly good indicator of force.

16 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Replay does a poor job of indicating force of impact. I’m sure many thought Hardin was being dramatic about his head shot last night until they saw Durant holding his elbow.

If there had been any kind of impact then Paul's chin, face, or head would have moved. Replays do a 100% perfect job of showing whether there was a physical reaction to an impact.

Like when Paul's chest moves from the forearm impact, for example.

Edited by Huckleberry

42 minutes ago, elguapo said:

One day rest between games from here out, will be interesting to see if it has an impact on GS with their starters playing so many minutes to this point.

Durant is the only one playing heavy minutes compared to the Rockets starters. Not sure if they can keep playing him 45 mins a game but also not sure if CP3 can keep playing almost 40 mins per game. 

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Durant is the only one playing heavy minutes compared to the Rockets starters. Not sure if they can keep playing him 45 mins a game but also not sure if CP3 can keep playing almost 40 mins per game. 

Yes, but if fatigue starts to become more of a factor Rockets in theory should be able to rely on their bench more than GS.

AI is also averaging ~34m per game compared to ~23m per game in the regular season, and he only played over 30m 3 times in the regular season.

Edited by elguapo

16 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Yes, but if fatigue starts to become more of a factor Rockets in theory should be able to rely on their bench more than GS.

AI is also averaging ~34m per game compared to ~23m per game in the regular season, and he only played over 30m 3 times in the regular season.

Well and Rockets have the oldest roster in the league, making it harder on them in that respect.

14 minutes ago, elguapo said:

What bench? Both teams are basically playing 6 guys at this point. Anyone else they throw out there gets immediately targeted. I'd give Houston a slight advantage because Shumpert hasn't been a complete disaster, so they've been able to steal a few minutes here and there. Conversely, Livingston can't even tread water for a couple of minutes anymore.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What bench? Both teams are basically playing 6 guys at this point. Anyone else they throw out there gets immediately targeted. I'd give Houston a slight advantage because Shumpert hasn't been a complete disaster, so they've been able to steal a few minutes here and there. Conversely, Livingston can't even tread water for a couple of minutes anymore.

Rockets also have Rivers coming off the bench, GS doesn't have anyone that can provide a spark like him.

Rockets bench is outscoring GS 76-42 so far. Not super significant at this point but could be more of a factor the rest of the series.