2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Watching Cle/Bos and I can't help but think that we're one win from a championship.  Hell, I think Utah would have a shot to beat either of these teams.  

We need some Mr. Miyagi shit on Paul's hammy.  

I am nervous.

Please win tomorrow.  I need this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

there's some talent in the 8-12, use it 

You have to play Anderson. His ability to pull Green out of the restricted area is huge. With the amount Looney and Bell are playing, Anderson, if healthy, is a better match-up than Capela.

41 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Watching Cle/Bos and I can't help but think that we're one win from a championship.  Hell, I think Utah would have a shot to beat either of these teams.  

We need some Mr. Miyagi shit on Paul's hammy.  

I am nervous.

Please win tomorrow.  I need this.

Boston's tall and athletic all over the place, they would give the Rockets hell.

18 hours ago, oh_snap said:

CP3 is a badass, but I'll be shocked (and pleasantly surprised) if he plays. Dude had the look on his face when he went down that he knew he was done.

If CP3 can be an effective decoy there is a solid chance of the Warriors having to guard him & freeing up Harden a bit on offense...

37 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

If CP3 can be an effective decoy there is a solid chance of the Warriors having to guard him & freeing up Harden a bit on offense...

Its not about offense. It's about defense. If he can't chase guys around on those off ball screens and effectively switch, guard bigs like he's been doing all year then it's not going to work. He's not an off ball stretch player anyway, he's the other ball handler. 

Eric Gordon is going to have to keep playin lights out. The Rockets got to keep turning GS into an iso team by effectively switching off ball screens. Even then, if they get fucked by the refs again it's going to be baloney. 

I just want to see Curry throw a tantrum and spit out his pacifier. But that's not in the best interest of the league so I dont see it happening. They want a player spoiled millennials can relate to.

I couldn’t sleep well last night and have been nervous as hell in anticipation of Game 7. Everyone I know in other cities has been texting me hoping the Rockets knock off these cocky bastard Warriors and their annoying fans. My cousin in LA who is a big Lakers fan can’t stand those bitches. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Its not about offense. It's about defense. If he can't chase guys around on those off ball screens and effectively switch, guard bigs like he's been doing all year then it's not going to work. He's not an off ball stretch player anyway, he's the other ball handler. 

Eric Gordon is going to have to keep playin lights out. The Rockets got to keep turning GS into an iso team by effectively switching off ball screens. Even then, if they get fucked by the refs again it's going to be baloney. 

I just want to see Curry throw a tantrum and spit out his pacifier. But that's not in the best interest of the league so I dont see it happening. They want a player spoiled millennials can relate to.

Well, on the bright side the Rockets are at home & normally the "home cooking" calls go in favor of the local teams; so there's hope if Gordon can frustrate Curry just enough, while the defensive switches revert Durant to his iso ball days in OKC...

Open up the bench if Paul can’t go. See if anyone can get hot or give you 5 mins of the best D and fouls of their lives. Knock the shit out of curry and Thompson when fouling. Get your moneys worth.

. What do we have to lose. Ryno. Nene. Big Joe. Whatever. No bullets left in the gun. 

#kissofdeath

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

Rockets played their asses off during the regular season so that tonight’s game is in Houston. No CP3 sucks, but I think this team has known for a few days to mentally prepare. No excuses.
I believe. Clutch City.

We got this.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Fml. 

We need harden and Gordon for sure obviously. Then need a big game from ariza and tucker

and if we can hold one of the warriors big 3 to a sub par game we have a shot. Can’t have klay shooting wide open threes. 

In other words we need a miracle to win.

Just defense, and they got to call found when Rockets get fouled driving.

Fuck it.  Our defense will be suffocating.  We'll win the turnover battle.  Harden will go apeshit.  We'll get some points in the paint, including the forgotten lobs to Capela.  And we'll outshoot them from behind the arc.  

Golden State: 101

Houston: 106

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

LMAO at the PA announcer practically yawning as he read the Warriors' names.

That’s Matt Thomas a legend who was the PA announcer during the championship years and a very entertaining sports talk host on 790

• Like 2