ECF: Bucks vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Eh. Let me know when he closes out the series and wins a game against GS. 

I mean, he’s already won a finals mvp. At 22 lol. 3rd youngest finals MVP ever. Guarded Lebron in his prime better than anyone ever has. He might not win a game against GS, but this Toronto team isn’t as good as those thunder teams when KD had GS on the ropes. Not even close, IMO. And maybe I’m not giving these teams enough credit, but the spurs had some wars with the thunder and they seem like a better team. Westbrook is a cancer probably, but in his prime he was still a fucking handful to deal with. He’s still young, but he isn’t the athletic freak of nature he was back then. And even if they lose to Milwaukee, Kawhi is hurt right now. It’s obvious.

Plus, he was already trending in this direction before Zaza ran under his ankles. Just because he decided to sit out a year and everyone forgot about him doesn’t mean he isn’t still trending in that direction. KD has the best all around offensive skill set, but he also has a lot more to work with in regards to how much defensive attention you can actually give him (without properly defending the greatest shooter ever and another top 5 shooter ever). That wrinkle makes it hard to actually grade him, compared to Kawhi, or Giannis, or Lebron. It’s almost like you have to grade everyone else with a curve.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

but this Toronto team isn’t as good as those thunder teams when KD had GS on the ropes. Not even close, IMO.

This Toronto team is much better, actually - outside of Durant and Leonard's contributions. That OKC team was nothing outside of Durant and Westbrook - and has proven to continue to be close to a lottery team without Durant year in and year out. OKC's net rating went from +7.09 in 2016 to +1.14 in 2017. Toronto is better coached and much deeper than that team was and will have home court advantage against the Warriors in the Finals IF they make it. Kawhi missed 22 games in the regular season this year and Toronto went a cool 18-4 with him out. 

He needs to do more than be a game up on the Bucks in the ECF to claim "best player in the league". Keep in mind Durant ate his lunch in 2016 in the playoffs and that was a 67 win Spurs team. 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean, he’s already won a finals mvp. At 22 lol. 3rd youngest finals MVP ever. Guarded Lebron in his prime better than anyone ever has. He might not win a game against GS, but this Toronto team isn’t as good as those thunder teams when KD had GS on the ropes. Not even close, IMO. And maybe I’m not giving these teams enough credit, but the spurs had some wars with the thunder and they seem like a better team. Westbrook is a cancer probably, but in his prime he was still a fucking handful to deal with. He’s still young, but he isn’t the athletic freak of nature he was back then. And even if they lose to Milwaukee, Kawhi is hurt right now. It’s obvious.

Plus, he was already trending in this direction before Zaza ran under his ankles. Just because he decided to sit out a year and everyone forgot about him doesn’t mean he isn’t still trending in that direction. KD has the best all around offensive skill set, but he also has a lot more to work with in regards to how much defensive attention you can actually give him (without properly defending the greatest shooter ever and another top 5 shooter ever). That wrinkle makes it hard to actually grade him, compared to Kawhi, or Giannis, or Lebron. It’s almost like you have to grade everyone else with a curve.

I am always at a loss when I hear people say this. Bron shot 57% from the field in that series.

Ugly game..... Bucks suck offensively if they can't hit outside shots.  Not a good formula to win tonight unless they start driving and get to the foul line.

Can't believe one of either the 76ers or Boston couldn't make the East Finals...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Hate said:

The most important fact about tonight is fuck Kawhi Leonard. I hope he rots in hell.

Username checks out.

You will be pleased to watch him go out next game. The Raptors have the better team but not the storyline. Plus they like to choke in ECF.

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Kawhi is just willing them back into the game.

Eh. Kawhi has been good* but their bench and role players have been the difference. Toronto was huge to start the 4th with Kawhi on the bench. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

Eh. Kawhi has been great but their bench and role players have been the difference. Toronto was huge to start the 4th with Kawhi on the bench. 

I wrote that when they were making the end-of-3rd-quarter run, which was absolutely Kawhi putting the entire team on his back. This 4th-quarter run has been a team effort, for sure.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Ugly game..... Bucks suck offensively if they can't hit outside shots.  Not a good formula to win tonight unless they start driving and get to the foul line.

Can't believe one of either the 76ers or Boston couldn't make the East Finals...

No scoring inside has proven to be the Bucks Achilles heel..... Double the Freak and watch the Bucks fail on their jumpers.  No one can drive and score effectively for Milwaukee.  

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I wrote that when they were making the end-of-3rd-quarter run, which was absolutely Kawhi putting the entire team on his back. This 4th-quarter run has been a team effort, for sure.

Yes I commented based on your time stamp. Kawhi is 8 of 17 with 5 turnovers and 22 points. He's been good when they've needed him but the difference has been the others in this game. 

Man, Milwaukee's half court offense is so bad.

Yeah, have to admit my experience watching Giannis is minimal and I’ve only seen stats but he doesn’t look like an alpha, I’m gonna lead my team to a title player yet. Kawhi is already that guy. And I fucking hate him.
  • Like 1