2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-kamala-harris.html

Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, shared another person’s tweet with his millions of followers during the Democratic debate on Thursday that falsely claimed Senator Kamala Harris was not black enough to be discussing the plight of black Americans.

“Kamala Harris is implying she is descended from American Black Slaves,” Ali Alexander, a member of a right-wing constellation of media personalities, wrote on Twitter. “She’s not. She comes from Jamaican Slave Owners. That’s fine. She’s not an American Black. Period.”

Mr. Trump, a valuable Republican surrogate as his father faces a bruising 2020 race, posted the tweet of unverified information, then asked his more than three million followers: “Is this true? Wow.” By the end of the night, Mr. Trump had deleted his message, and by Friday, a spokesman said it had all been a misunderstanding.

“Don’s tweet was simply him asking if it was true that Kamala Harris was half-Indian because it’s not something he had ever heard before,” said the spokesman, Andy Surabian, “and once he saw that folks were misconstruing the intent of his tweet, he quickly deleted it.”

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, 2020 will definitely be the year where a bunch of people who didn't vote for trump in '16 will vote for him now because he's been number 1 super awesome most best tremendous mr president since george fucking washington.

this thread is capturing the theater of who gets to beat trump next year.  please don't rob us of that.

That's what you took out of these debates? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I can only say, please have more debates. Trot out you senile Weekend At Bernie's poll leader, your Moonbats, your Free Money For Everybody candidates. It's glorious. It's great entertainment. It's fantastic. Please, please, I beg you, give me more. I could watch this every night of the week. 

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

That's what you took out of these debates? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I can only say, please have more debates. Trot out you senile Weekend At Bernie's poll leader, your Moonbats, your Free Money For Everybody candidates. It's glorious. It's great entertainment. It's fantastic. Please, please, I beg you, give me more. I could watch this every night of the week. 

that it's pointless theater?  absolutely.

let me know when trump gets to 42.  we can meet at the border and shake hands and say hello(?)!

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

that it's pointless theater?  absolutely.

It's not pointless. It's amazing and entertaining and full of truth.

let me know when trump gets to 42.  we can meet at the border and shake hands and say hello(?)!

Are you talking about polls? Like, the polls that say Weekend At Bernie's or whomever beats Trump by 9 points? Those polls? I trust you know better than that.

If you're talking about approval ratings, last I heard Trump's was higher than Obama but those things change daily.

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

It's not pointless. It's amazing and entertaining and full of truth.

Are you talking about polls? Like, the polls that say Weekend At Bernie's or whomever beats Trump by 9 points? Those polls? I trust you know better than that.

If you're talking about approval ratings, last I heard Trump's was higher than Obama but those things change daily.

it's pointless in that it won't matter, because trump loses to 7-8 of the options.

i'm talking about polling and approval.  he's stuck.  nothing he does - good or bad - matters anymore.  economy?  nope?  russia?  mueller?  nope.

it's been like that for 6 months.  and yes, the polls vs "imaginary" competition matter, but only if you just look at trump's numbers.  you think it's a coincidence that no matter how many different ways they ask the question he's stuck at 40-41?  you think they're going after new and fun far away states for the frequent flyer mileage?  you think he fired pollsters for "leaking" inaccurate polls.

sorry there's no hillary on the ballot this time.  gonna be a real shame for you guys.

Edited by henrygandorf
blanton's
  • Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

it's pointless in that it won't matter, because trump loses to 7-8 of the options.

i'm talking about polling and approval.  he's stuck.  nothing he does - good or bad - matters anymore.  economy?  nope?  russia?  muller?  nope.

it's been like that for 6 months.  and yes, the polls vs "imaginary" competition matter, but only if you just look at trump's numbers.  you think it's a coincidence that no matter how many different ways they ask the question he's stuck at 40-41?  you think they're going after new and fun far away states for the frequent flyer mileage?  you think he fired pollsters for "leaking" inaccurate polls.

sorry there's no hillary on the ballot this time.  gonna be a real shame for you guys.

My original point was that the debate showed that if this is what the Dems are bringing, you need a lot of help. How do you think free health care for illegals polls with regular people? How about Medicare for All, which will destroy the fiscal health of Medicare, how do you think that polls with seniors? How do you think open borders polls with most people?

It's great entertainment but it is magical thinking. The big story of the debate is whether or not your Living Dead poll leader is a racist. Just think about that. Is Frankencandidate a racist or not? The best people, only the smartest people. Let's call the Prime Minister of New Zealand and ask her what she thought of the debate. Beto's over. Mayor Pete's gonna save you, like Jesus, but Pete would never use Jesus as a political meme but if Jesus came back he damn sure wouldn't be Republican. Warren is going to take your wealth, that'll solve the problems.

I love it. It's grand. It's glorious. Impeach Trump!!!!!!!! Damn the torpedeos, full speed ahead!!!!

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

My original point was that the debate showed that if this is what the Dems are bringing, you need a lot of help. How do you think free health care for illegals polls with regular people? How about Medicare for All, which will destroy the fiscal health of Medicare, how do you think that polls with seniors? How do you think open borders polls with most people?

It's great entertainment but it is magical thinking. The big story of the debate is whether or not your Living Dead poll leader is a racist. Just think about that. Is Frankencandidate a racist or not? The best people, only the smartest people. Let's call the Prime Minister of New Zealand and ask her what she thought of the debate. Beto's over. Mayor Pete's gonna save you, like Jesus, but Pete would never use Jesus as a political meme but if Jesus came back he damn sure wouldn't be Republican. Warren is going to take your wealth, that'll solve the problems.

I love it. It's grand. It's glorious. Impeach Trump!!!!!!!! Damn the torpedeos, full speed ahead!!!!

why would we impeach trump?

as for needing a lot of help, um, no.  i guess if you're reading ny post headlines, sure.  oh noes.  we're in trouble.  lulz.

as for the actual point, congrats, it's over there.  none of this matters.  the polls show this, and never before in the history of numbers have they all lied the way you're claiming.  nobody cares about any of this shit.  the #1 priority for voters right now is "beating trump".  they'll vote for whomever it is, no matter what they support.  ironic that you're giving voters this much credit.  the same voters who put a drooling monkey in the oval office (apologies to monkeys).  or at least the voters in a few states.  congrats on the lottery win, lightning just doesn't strike twice.

put more simply, in deference to your fearless leader: look at the board.  you've lost, you just don't know it yet.

27 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why would we impeach trump?

as for needing a lot of help, um, no.  i guess if you're reading ny post headlines, sure.  oh noes.  we're in trouble.  lulz.

as for the actual point, congrats, it's over there.  none of this matters.  the polls show this, and never before in the history of numbers have they all lied the way you're claiming.  nobody cares about any of this shit.  the #1 priority for voters right now is "beating trump".  they'll vote for whomever it is, no matter what they support.  ironic that you're giving voters this much credit.  the same voters who put a drooling monkey in the oval office (apologies to monkeys).  or at least the voters in a few states.  congrats on the lottery win, lightning just doesn't strike twice.

put more simply, in deference to your fearless leader: look at the board.  you've lost, you just don't know it yet.

Again, that's my point. This is what you took from the debate? The same debate where the biggest story is whether or not the leading candidate is a racist zombie?

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Again, that's my point. This is what you took from the debate? The same debate where the biggest story is whether or not the leading candidate is a racist zombie?

your point is also that it's theater designed to entertain, but it all has the same ending?  sure, we agree.

that racist zombie, who, incidentally, nobody on this board is rooting for, probably beats trump by 10-12 points.

this is like asking what the main takeaway is after the 2nd inning of game 1 of a 7 game world series.  sure, everyone gets excited about the mini-headlines because iowa is still 7 months away.  if you think that means trump's numbers are gonna skyrocket towards 42, hey, you do you, fella.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

your point is also that it's theater designed to entertain, but it all has the same ending?  sure, we agree.

that racist zombie, who, incidentally, nobody on this board is rooting for, probably beats trump by 10-12 points.

this is like asking what the main takeaway is after the 2nd inning of game 1 of a 7 game world series.  sure, everyone gets excited about the mini-headlines because iowa is still 7 months away.  if you think that means trump's numbers are gonna skyrocket towards 42, hey, you do you, fella.

It's the second inning of Game 1 and you know the outcome? Do tell, how does one obtain this skill?

But seriously, tell us, which ideas did you really latch onto?

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

It's the second inning of Game 1 and you know the outcome? Do tell, how does one obtain this skill?

i have no idea what the outcome is.  the world series = the democratic primary process (and we're still in g1).  a bunch more debating, still over 7 months til iowa.

think of it like the democratic grouping is the current american league.  could be the astros, could be the yankees, we're not sure.  and the winner will play...my niece's t-ball team.  they're scrappy, and they make a lot of noise, and oops, every now and then, one of them poops in their pants.  but we clap because oh my god aren't they trying their hardest?!

it'll be entertaining for a minute, but we all know how it ends.  even my sister knows, that's why she keeps firing the coaches.

12 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

But seriously, tell us, which ideas did you really latch onto?

were you under the impression that anyone participating in this thread was seeing these candidates for the first time?

you're adorable.  make sure you keep that note stapled to your shirt so you can find your way out.

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i have no idea what the outcome is. 

That's not true at all. You repeatedly stated you knew the outcome. In fact, you certainty as to the outcome seemed to have been your main takeaway from the debate.

yes, 2020 will definitely be the year where a bunch of people who didn't vote for trump in '16 will vote for him now because he's been number 1 super awesome most best tremendous mr president since george fucking washington.

this thread is capturing the theater of who gets to beat trump next year.  please don't rob us of that.

I mean, it's not like it was hard to find the evidence. I mean, you said it at least three times.

the #1 priority for voters right now is "beating trump".  they'll vote for whomever it is, no matter what they support.  ironic that you're giving voters this much credit.  the same voters who put a drooling monkey in the oval office (apologies to monkeys).  or at least the voters in a few states.  congrats on the lottery win, lightning just doesn't strike twice.

The idiocracy that you look down on was on full display last night. Literally none of the free shit they talked about will ever happen, because it can't. There isn't that much money in the world. Even Yang's adorable little free money plan, that $3 trillion A YEAR. EVERY YEAR. 

Moonbattery. Lunacy. Magical thinking. I'm not talking about politics, or partisanship, I'm talking about basic math. Good luck with that. It's not Dems vs. Pubs, it's Dems vs reality.

Edited by Thetexashammer

i’m sorry the sports analogies and friendly metaphors were too much for you, so i’ll go slow:

i don’t yet know who will be the dem nominee. 

it is still very very early in the process. 

whomever comes out of the process will destroy trump next nov. 

the crazy ideas and proposed policy will have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the election. 

people don’t like him, he sucks at his job, so they won’t vote for him. 

we about done here?

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

wild ideas aside, 18mm viewers for the first debate = bad news for trump.  really bad. 

You assume all 18mm are for their crazy ideas.  It may have been an eye opener for millions  hell , I watched the circus 

Edited by EuroHorn

3 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Always nice to see the hot takes of BagofHammers. It’s comforting to know that he’s as unaware of the process of primaries as everything else.

You know, I'm positive that you are mostly an intelligent reasonable person. But you lack the ability to use facts and logic to make an argument. You cannot disagree without being disagreeable. It's both sad and fascinating.

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

18M tuning in curiosity saw 10 people smarter and more capable than their current president.

18M tuning in curiosity saw 10 people on the Bachelor season finale smarter and more capable than their current president.  

Also, I'd like to Ivanka this here rose...

I'm posting this as much for the comments as I am for Pool's content (even though I agree with probably around 80% of what he says here.) 

Some examples.

I don't know who they were talking to ......it wasn't me the American citizen

What I learned watching the debates is that the American citizen is now a secondary concern for the party that used to be for the everyday one.

When the candidates of a particular party start speaking a language other than English on a major platform in the United States, offer free healthcare to noncitizens, While promoting open borders, they are not speaking to the taxpaying voters/citizens, and they have completely lost their minds.

As someone with similar political ideologies as you, Tim I've come to the conclusion the Democratic Party are the enemy of the working class. Trump 2020 for me

As an ex-Democrat, I can no longer stand the Dems...

Like some people I voted for Trump cause I thought he was the lesser of two evils. 2020 I will vote for Trump because he is the greater good than a hundred Democrats.

Didn’t vote last election. But the left is giving me too many dystopian red flags. Trump 2020 all the way.

Democrat, Libertarian, Libertarian, Libertarian... and now I'm going to vote Republican in a presidential election for the first time.

I voted Democrat for 30 years, I even voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. However next year I'm definitely voting for Trump

It came across my mind yesterday that the democrats and antifa are the same now. And since antifa and the anarchists are together then so are the democrats with them too.

Far Left: "There is no immigration crisis" Presidential Nominees: Speaking spanish to all of america in televised debate.

When the 17 Republican candidates were on the stage in 2016, Trump was my 17th choice. I now think he's the greatest president since Lincoln.

Didnt vote in 2016.....in fact, I've never voted in a presidential election, even though I've been able to since the 2004 election. First time I ever voted was 2018 in the midterms, and voted Republican across the board. I will be doing the same in 2020 and probably the rest of my life. Dems focused on destroying America.

Democrat here, and I'm never voting democrat again.

I was a "Never Trumper". But we now live in a clown world, where people like Trump are actually more sane.

I'm with them. I was always a dem.. I'm now voting repub down the ticket, and have been for the last few years. I don't like the GOP much, but I feel like I'm now voting for the candidates who are least likely to destroy my country.. rather than just the least icky one.

I didn't vote because I was underage and a latino who thought Trump was a bad orange man I walked away from the Democratic party and now voting for Trump in 2020

I voted for Obama twice, then for Trump. Did I suddenly become racist overnight? Someone asked me why I changed political parties. I didn't change, they did.

"I'm insane and hate the country I'm trying to become president of"' - Most democratic candidates

They would get more votes if they run for office in Mexico. They completely lost touch with American voters!

I've never cast my vote for anybody. Never thought it mattered and our voices were mute. I will be voting for my president in 2020.

I'm never voting for a democrat ever again until they become the party of JFK. But with how they continue to stupidly double down on EVERYTHING I doubt that's going to happen any time soon, if ever.

Didn't vote in '16, voting trump now.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I hoped that the Democrats would run a reasonable candidate, but the only one (Tulsi Gabbard) won’t get through the primary. So, I’m voting for Trump as the most reasonable choice.

I'm the 7,000th person to say this apparently, but yeah... I refused to vote for Trump, but I was gob smacked by those debates. I have to vote Trump now.

I'm in NY so my vote doesn't matter . I voted for Hilary because i thought Trump was doing it for his hubris . My brother who has never voted in his life is voting trump . My sister never voted my mother never voted. Both said separately when i going to vote they want to come with and vote TRUMP !

I knew this was going to happen two years ago, but I didn't think every candidate would blow it in the first debate. I thought at the very least the party would try to prop up Biden and maybe one other who would then do a lot of moderate talking points in order to get people comfortable with the party again in order to strengthen their position in 2024. But no, they truly do seem to have a gang of hysterical feminazis and opiod addicts at the helm of the party's strategy decisions. And I certainly don't want them to win. But they seem incapable of any kind of introspection. I would kill to see what's going on behind closed doors and why they continually choose to sabotage themselves like this. The Democratic party needs an intervention and a trip to a detox center because they are off the fucking rails.

I guess, be prepared to hear it again, Tim: I voted for Obama twice, the first time being my first time voting. I voted Gary Johnson in 2016, but absolutely will vote Trump at this point

I can vote now, couldn’t in 2016, would vote for trump them, and am going to now. The left alienates me, tells me I’m evil for being born the way I am, and wants to put non Americans before me. My life is hard enough, and my taxes are killing my already sparse pocket book. Fuck the left, I don’t care about morality anymore. I want a good job, I want to buy nice enough things, and I want to own a home. The dems say to me “vote for us, we are going to give illegals immigrants the things you work hard for, and give them to the illegals for free. We are going to take more from you, and then command you to give up more rights and lick the feet of your betters, you are going to like it and thank us for it.” Fuck that. At least things got a little better under trump. Ill take small improvements over civic subjugation any god damned day. Fuck being world police, fuck Europe, fuck Mexico, fuck the illegal immigrants, fuck the globalists, and fuck the left. I want a chance at a prosperous and fulfilling life. The left wants to take that from me.

In Sweden we have eight parties in the government. Not long ago the American Democrats was close to our Moderates which is the seventh from the left (second from the right). Now they are easily comparable with the party being furthest to the left. This far left party is comparable with the Venezuelan situation and was once named 'Vänsterpartiet Kommunisterna' (the leftist party, the Communists).

They removed the word 'communists' from their name but didn't change ideology. By Swedish standards the Democrats went 6-7 steps to the left and mention Scandinavia as something to strive for. They are notably to the left of 7/8 parties in the most Socialist country in Scandinavia. The American Democrats isn't democrats. They are hardcore Socialists on the brink of Communism.

I voted for Trump in '16 only because Hilary was so horrible and I believe he would have lost against most Dems. Thank God he won as TDS has ripped the mask off the DNC to the point that I would never consider a Dem in any level of election ever again. Even if one seemed well intentioned, they quickly fall into lockstep with the most extremely left while the Right is far more willing to debate amongst themselves, sometimes to a fault. Unifying all segments of the right wing spectrum may turn out to be the one good deed these Leftists do for our country in the end.

I also can't wait to see the reaction when Trump wins again though I do have concern as to just what levels the left will sink to. I hope God and Trump's security keep him safe from all the lunatics that are likely to emerge. I also hope the RNC can find worthy successors for future elections as the left wing festers in their hatred for all things American. If the Dems ever regain the White House with their amnesty and open borders they could become a cancer to the country that can't be removed.

Last election I abstained from voting due to my disdain for Trump’s conduct. The sprint leftward by Democrats has me more than ready to cast my vote for him this round, out of fear of what they’d do.

I would vote for Trump simply for the fact that there are too many insane people on the other side. Insane people should never get power.

I didn't like Trump before 2016, and I still don't like the guy. But I do respect him, he said "Make America Great Again", and I believe him, he wants Americans to have hope, to strive for better. Trump is an awful role model, but is doing the best he can to keep his word and I cannot help but respect that about him. He has my vote.

This first debate showed how much of a train wreck the dems really are. I disagree with just about everything in their platforms but of all of them I’m not entirely petrified of tulsi gabbard becoming president. Didn’t vote 2016 but voting trump 2020.

Democratic canidates are straight out of "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

I don’t agree with all of gabbard or yang’s ideas, but at least they’re honest, all the others seem like complete hacks

I didn’t vote in 2016. Voting for Trump in 2020 now, due to all of this insanity.

I'm an independent who didn't vote hillary or trump. At this point I'm voting trump

I did not vote for Trump in 2016. Neither did I vote for Hillary. I found both candidates deplorable, and so I voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson. I am registered as a Libertarian as well. But after all the nonsensical conspiracy theories and rhetoric of the mainstream media these past few years, the political activism and censorship of Big Tech (Twitter, Facebook, Google, Reddit), and the Democratic Party swinging so absurdly far left it boggles the mind, my vote for Trump is secure and unwavering come November 2020. The utter derangement against the man tells me, in no uncertain terms, that he must be who we need in office. Why else would the outrage be so strong and persistent?

The democratic debate is really just a contest of who hates America more. How disgusting. These democrats hate the constitution, hate the founding fathers, hate regular honest hard working americans, hate American values and ideals that they've become so out of touch with the average joe.

I didn’t vote in 2016 because I hated every candidate. I will vote for Trump this time.

voted for Trump then hoping for a better person next election but I guess it's trump again

I wrote in Bernie where I live in NY. Trump now has my vote in 2020 because you're right, the left is getting too extreme and cultish.

I voted Gary Johnson in 2016 because I couldn't stand the thought of either Hillary or Trump. As it stands today, Trump is the only choice for 2020. And that's scary.

What happened to the Bill Clinton democratic party?

I am CERTAIN the people behind the scenes are purposely destorying the Democrat party, lull people into a state of security with Trump then the next president will be the freaking anti-christ Either that or the Democrats are beyond stupid, I just cannnot fathom how they don't see how bad they are.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, EMAWesome said:

I'm posting this as much for the comments as I am for Pool's content (even though I agree with probably around 80% of what he says here.) 

Some examples.

I don't know who they were talking to ......it wasn't me the American citizen

What I learned watching the debates is that the American citizen is now a secondary concern for the party that used to be for the everyday one.

When the candidates of a particular party start speaking a language other than English on a major platform in the United States, offer free healthcare to noncitizens, While promoting open borders, they are not speaking to the taxpaying voters/citizens, and they have completely lost their minds.

As someone with similar political ideologies as you, Tim I've come to the conclusion the Democratic Party are the enemy of the working class. Trump 2020 for me

As an ex-Democrat, I can no longer stand the Dems...

Like some people I voted for Trump cause I thought he was the lesser of two evils. 2020 I will vote for Trump because he is the greater good than a hundred Democrats.

Didn’t vote last election. But the left is giving me too many dystopian red flags. Trump 2020 all the way.

Democrat, Libertarian, Libertarian, Libertarian... and now I'm going to vote Republican in a presidential election for the first time.

I voted Democrat for 30 years, I even voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. However next year I'm definitely voting for Trump

It came across my mind yesterday that the democrats and antifa are the same now. And since antifa and the anarchists are together then so are the democrats with them too.

Far Left: "There is no immigration crisis" Presidential Nominees: Speaking spanish to all of america in televised debate.

When the 17 Republican candidates were on the stage in 2016, Trump was my 17th choice. I now think he's the greatest president since Lincoln.

Didnt vote in 2016.....in fact, I've never voted in a presidential election, even though I've been able to since the 2004 election. First time I ever voted was 2018 in the midterms, and voted Republican across the board. I will be doing the same in 2020 and probably the rest of my life. Dems focused on destroying America.

Democrat here, and I'm never voting democrat again.

I was a "Never Trumper". But we now live in a clown world, where people like Trump are actually more sane.

I'm with them. I was always a dem.. I'm now voting repub down the ticket, and have been for the last few years. I don't like the GOP much, but I feel like I'm now voting for the candidates who are least likely to destroy my country.. rather than just the least icky one.

I didn't vote because I was underage and a latino who thought Trump was a bad orange man I walked away from the Democratic party and now voting for Trump in 2020

I voted for Obama twice, then for Trump. Did I suddenly become racist overnight? Someone asked me why I changed political parties. I didn't change, they did.

"I'm insane and hate the country I'm trying to become president of"' - Most democratic candidates

They would get more votes if they run for office in Mexico. They completely lost touch with American voters!

I've never cast my vote for anybody. Never thought it mattered and our voices were mute. I will be voting for my president in 2020.

I'm never voting for a democrat ever again until they become the party of JFK. But with how they continue to stupidly double down on EVERYTHING I doubt that's going to happen any time soon, if ever.

Didn't vote in '16, voting trump now.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I hoped that the Democrats would run a reasonable candidate, but the only one (Tulsi Gabbard) won’t get through the primary. So, I’m voting for Trump as the most reasonable choice.

I'm the 7,000th person to say this apparently, but yeah... I refused to vote for Trump, but I was gob smacked by those debates. I have to vote Trump now.

I'm in NY so my vote doesn't matter . I voted for Hilary because i thought Trump was doing it for his hubris . My brother who has never voted in his life is voting trump . My sister never voted my mother never voted. Both said separately when i going to vote they want to come with and vote TRUMP !

I knew this was going to happen two years ago, but I didn't think every candidate would blow it in the first debate. I thought at the very least the party would try to prop up Biden and maybe one other who would then do a lot of moderate talking points in order to get people comfortable with the party again in order to strengthen their position in 2024. But no, they truly do seem to have a gang of hysterical feminazis and opiod addicts at the helm of the party's strategy decisions. And I certainly don't want them to win. But they seem incapable of any kind of introspection. I would kill to see what's going on behind closed doors and why they continually choose to sabotage themselves like this. The Democratic party needs an intervention and a trip to a detox center because they are off the fucking rails.

I guess, be prepared to hear it again, Tim: I voted for Obama twice, the first time being my first time voting. I voted Gary Johnson in 2016, but absolutely will vote Trump at this point

I can vote now, couldn’t in 2016, would vote for trump them, and am going to now. The left alienates me, tells me I’m evil for being born the way I am, and wants to put non Americans before me. My life is hard enough, and my taxes are killing my already sparse pocket book. Fuck the left, I don’t care about morality anymore. I want a good job, I want to buy nice enough things, and I want to own a home. The dems say to me “vote for us, we are going to give illegals immigrants the things you work hard for, and give them to the illegals for free. We are going to take more from you, and then command you to give up more rights and lick the feet of your betters, you are going to like it and thank us for it.” Fuck that. At least things got a little better under trump. Ill take small improvements over civic subjugation any god damned day. Fuck being world police, fuck Europe, fuck Mexico, fuck the illegal immigrants, fuck the globalists, and fuck the left. I want a chance at a prosperous and fulfilling life. The left wants to take that from me.

In Sweden we have eight parties in the government. Not long ago the American Democrats was close to our Moderates which is the seventh from the left (second from the right). Now they are easily comparable with the party being furthest to the left. This far left party is comparable with the Venezuelan situation and was once named 'Vänsterpartiet Kommunisterna' (the leftist party, the Communists).

They removed the word 'communists' from their name but didn't change ideology. By Swedish standards the Democrats went 6-7 steps to the left and mention Scandinavia as something to strive for. They are notably to the left of 7/8 parties in the most Socialist country in Scandinavia. The American Democrats isn't democrats. They are hardcore Socialists on the brink of Communism.

I voted for Trump in '16 only because Hilary was so horrible and I believe he would have lost against most Dems. Thank God he won as TDS has ripped the mask off the DNC to the point that I would never consider a Dem in any level of election ever again. Even if one seemed well intentioned, they quickly fall into lockstep with the most extremely left while the Right is far more willing to debate amongst themselves, sometimes to a fault. Unifying all segments of the right wing spectrum may turn out to be the one good deed these Leftists do for our country in the end.

I also can't wait to see the reaction when Trump wins again though I do have concern as to just what levels the left will sink to. I hope God and Trump's security keep him safe from all the lunatics that are likely to emerge. I also hope the RNC can find worthy successors for future elections as the left wing festers in their hatred for all things American. If the Dems ever regain the White House with their amnesty and open borders they could become a cancer to the country that can't be removed.

Last election I abstained from voting due to my disdain for Trump’s conduct. The sprint leftward by Democrats has me more than ready to cast my vote for him this round, out of fear of what they’d do.

I would vote for Trump simply for the fact that there are too many insane people on the other side. Insane people should never get power.

I didn't like Trump before 2016, and I still don't like the guy. But I do respect him, he said "Make America Great Again", and I believe him, he wants Americans to have hope, to strive for better. Trump is an awful role model, but is doing the best he can to keep his word and I cannot help but respect that about him. He has my vote.

This first debate showed how much of a train wreck the dems really are. I disagree with just about everything in their platforms but of all of them I’m not entirely petrified of tulsi gabbard becoming president. Didn’t vote 2016 but voting trump 2020.

Democratic canidates are straight out of "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

I don’t agree with all of gabbard or yang’s ideas, but at least they’re honest, all the others seem like complete hacks

I didn’t vote in 2016. Voting for Trump in 2020 now, due to all of this insanity.

I'm an independent who didn't vote hillary or trump. At this point I'm voting trump

I did not vote for Trump in 2016. Neither did I vote for Hillary. I found both candidates deplorable, and so I voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson. I am registered as a Libertarian as well. But after all the nonsensical conspiracy theories and rhetoric of the mainstream media these past few years, the political activism and censorship of Big Tech (Twitter, Facebook, Google, Reddit), and the Democratic Party swinging so absurdly far left it boggles the mind, my vote for Trump is secure and unwavering come November 2020. The utter derangement against the man tells me, in no uncertain terms, that he must be who we need in office. Why else would the outrage be so strong and persistent?

The democratic debate is really just a contest of who hates America more. How disgusting. These democrats hate the constitution, hate the founding fathers, hate regular honest hard working americans, hate American values and ideals that they've become so out of touch with the average joe.

I didn’t vote in 2016 because I hated every candidate. I will vote for Trump this time.

voted for Trump then hoping for a better person next election but I guess it's trump again

I wrote in Bernie where I live in NY. Trump now has my vote in 2020 because you're right, the left is getting too extreme and cultish.

I voted Gary Johnson in 2016 because I couldn't stand the thought of either Hillary or Trump. As it stands today, Trump is the only choice for 2020. And that's scary.

What happened to the Bill Clinton democratic party?

I am CERTAIN the people behind the scenes are purposely destorying the Democrat party, lull people into a state of security with Trump then the next president will be the freaking anti-christ Either that or the Democrats are beyond stupid, I just cannnot fathom how they don't see how bad they are.

this is pure bullshit and gibberish and reeks of rightwing ignorance and propaganda.   if you agree with 80% of this then I have to say you sir and a complete idiot.

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

this is pure bullshit and gibberish and reeks of rightwing ignorance and propaganda.   if you agree with 80% of this then I have to say you sir and a complete idiot.

those comments sound like when aggy is telling a "true story" about how some fan was doing a roadtrip to college station and shared their experience.

no way that's coincidental.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, any predictions for tonight's clownshow? 

Here is the lineup and placement on stage for both nights.

My predictions - 

- Hickenlooper will try to attack Bernie/Warren and look like a jackass

- Tim Ryan, Bullock and Klobuchar will be forgettable

- We will all laugh at something douche-tastic that John Delaney says

- @bad_teammate will proclaim Marianne as the winner of the debate

- Beto will have a good performance

- Pete solid but nothing spectacular

- Warren coasts again

- Bernie is more forceful compared to 1st debate

Tonight would be a good opportunity to asks these candidates about how they would approach Putin’s ongoing assault on western democracy.  The impeachment question and election security are also topical. 

I have yet to see any of these candidates really pressed on Russia.  

I expect CNN to suck. 

CEB255C7-BEB2-41B5-8BC4-1E6517F3D326_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Ugh, this is just going to be another shit show.  I may skip it altogether.

These debates aren’t about policy or anything of substance, they’re about shallow performances and who can appear strong.  

They’re not very informative, they’re insulting to potential voters, and our garbage media loves every second of it.

i hope bernie and liz have a minor tiff, even if it's staged.  the whole, "they're friends, so they won't ever attack each other" is tired and obvious.  it shouldn't be a story that two people won't be trying to tear into each other.

the top tier has little to gain in these early debates.  i'd rather hear more from the goofballs anyway.

you don't play all your stars for 9 innings at the beginning of spring training.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i hope bernie and liz have a minor tiff, even if it's staged.  the whole, "they're friends, so they won't ever attack each other" is tired and obvious.  it shouldn't be a story that two people won't be trying to tear into each other.

the top tier has little to gain in these early debates.  i'd rather hear more from the goofballs anyway.

you don't play all your stars for 9 innings at the beginning of spring training.

I also think it’s obvious who will strike first, should a tiff go down. 

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

giphy.gif