2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Please stop saying Trump will win. All of you.

Nate Silver, ironically, thinks he has a pretty decent shot. Heard him speaking last week where he thinks he'll lose the general by even more votes than 2016 but still get enough ev to win as it currently sits.

4 minutes ago, sachick said:

When do we narrow down the field? This is just too many people on the stage and this is just half.

I'd rather get all twenty of them in a room with a full bar. Live stream it, and let them discuss things for 5-6 hours. Pick the top 5-7. Repeat if necessary.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He has the donor list for it.

He founded CapitalSource, started specialty finance lending at Capital One and has colleagues at every other entity on that list.  But wouldn't expect that nuance to matter to the CAPITALISM IS BAD MMMKKKKAY  Crowd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Nate Silver, ironically, thinks he has a pretty decent shot. Heard him speaking last week where he thinks he'll lose the general by even more votes than 2016 but still get enough ev to win as it currently sits.

Better fucking get a Calexit if this shit happens 

Green New Deal, reparations, free college, Medicare for all, student debt cancellation. So many aggressive policies are going to scare a lot of people in this election.

To further this point, Trump got elected by proposing a bunch of bullshit that sounded good but didn’t scare people. The Democrats are going to scare people into four more years of Trump. Going to war over these aggressive policies is going to backfire.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

He founded CapitalSource, started specialty finance lending at Capital One and has colleagues at every other entity on that list.  But wouldn't expect that nuance to matter to the CAPITALISM IS BAD MMMKKKKAY  Crowd.

Lol.  Awww... you triggered.  I know about Delaney and CapitalSource, it was founded in my neck of the woods.  And there wasn't any critique, simply notification that he is funded heavily by the financial services sector.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lol.  Awww... you triggered.  I know about Delaney and CapitalSource, it was founded in my neck of the woods.  And there wasn't any critique, simply notification that he is funded heavily by the financial services sector.  

Was really responding more to the Tweet itself than to your comment.