2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Why is Beto's cadence so weird? He has this awkward pause between every 3rd-4th word. I don't remember that in the senate race. Is he just nervous?

Beto is translating in his head from English to Spanish, then going "hey, they told me to stick to English", and translating back again.

3 minutes ago, AustinHorn said:

Bernie on the outskirts of Stroke City

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Cable was out. Came in late. Just came in and a Bernie was getting roasted. Did I miss Bernie shining?

See above.  He may need a neuro check.  If shining means yelling angrily - then yes, you missed it. 

Just now, suddenly shaggy said:

Yep, and like most of the good ones, she left. 

Absolutely.  Who the fuck would remain in that state?  Not the biggest fan of what you all have going on in Texas either, but it beats Oklahoma for sure.  Beto gave me hope Texas may turn things around...OK has NO chance to do that. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Absolutely.  Who the fuck would remain in that state?  Not the biggest fan of what you all have going on in Texas either, but it beats Oklahoma for sure.  Beto gave me hope Texas may turn things around...OK has NO chance to do that. 

Tulsa, with access to medical marijuana makes a good case though. Texas is still in the stone age on marijuana, along with a fair number of other issues. 

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Texas is great and has more people moving to it than any other state. Fuck off

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Agreed.  The Moderators are trying to draw lines between the candidates.  Trying to incite distinctions by personalizing.  It helps flush out differences but makes the candidates look ornery.  They definitely have a strategy of trying to see if some candidates will paint Bernie, Liz, etc as too extreme.  Only Pete hasn't really fallen into the trap.  They want some blood on the stage and Bullock and Delaney are happy to take shots.  Nothing wrong with that but it's definitely deliberate.

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

What do republicans have beyond build the wall 

Well, I was trying to talk them out of building the wall, and instead simply going on the attack and seizing another chunk of Mexico. But then they reminded me I wasn't a Republican, and asked me to stay away until I put some pants on.

Just now, tantric superman said:

And to anyone who who actually is thinking about the issues regarding immigration.

If your family is being murdered by gangs or starved, a slap on the wrist criminal charge doesn't matter very much. It's heartless and punitive bullshit.

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, I was trying to talk them out of building the wall, and instead simply going on the attack and seizing another chunk of Mexico. But then they reminded me I wasn't a Republican, and asked me to stay away until I put some pants on.

Is there anything in Northern Mexico worth taking over?