Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

He was head coach in Alice prior to Miller.  I think he pissed off too many people by trying to fuck every mom town.  He was having an affair with one of the (married) Assistant principals at Miller.  They had to ban her from the gym were his office was because she was constantly hanging around there and then made a scene at a banquet were I guess the coach brought a different date. 

Goddam I wish I could edit this.  Where!!!!

IT

Spoiler

One to Watch: Jayvon Thomas, South Oak Cliff (2023):
The 5-foot-11, 170-pound corner from Corsicana transferred to SOC last week.

OU, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma State, and Baylor all offered the rising defensive back.

His father, Joe Thomas, played linebacker for Reginald Samples at Dallas Lincoln before signing Notre Dame, so we expect them to be in the mix at some point.

Texas has yet to reach out, but a source close to the program told IT they’re very aware and intrigued by Thomas.

He’ll be a national prospect, for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

CJ Vogel on Jordan Renaud

Spoiler

The cat is out of the bag about Renaud. Recent offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Texas A&M have firmly put Renaud on the map.

At 6-feet-4-inches, Renaud is a massive figure. And it’s likely he continues growing. His father, who played football at East Carolina, is 6-foot-7 and Renaud believes he still has some room to grow.

After moving to Lewisville from Fort Lauderdale a little over a month ago, Renaud says he is super excited to get a taste of Texas HS Football. He talked about the speed of the game in Florida being something that will benefit him in his transition to the lone star state.

Renaud started playing football in the 7th grade, so really he’s only played four legit seasons. But that hasn’t stopped college coaches from being enamored in his potential. One thing I really like about Renaud is his dedication to the grind of working out and training.

On the recruiting side of things, he said he is talking mostly with Texas A&M, Texas, Miami. Texas DL coach Bo Davis recently had an in-depth conversation with Renaud’s father and has been very active in this recruitment early on.

For the time being, I don’t think any one school has really separated themselves from the pack. Like Texas, should the Sooners begin ramping up the heat, I believe they will have a good chance at keeping him out of SEC Country.

• Hook 'Em 2

Cj Vogel on Anthony Hill

Spoiler

Another bonafide stud is going to be coming out of Denton Ryan. 2023 LB Anthony Hill has already amassed 26 offers as a sophomore in high school and is firmly on the radars of every school in the area.

I stopped by Denton Ryan last week to get an initial update on where things stood in his recruitment and what type of conversation he is having with the Texas staff.

“It’s been fun getting to talk to different schools and everything,” Hill said. “But I have been trying to keep my options open and work hard.”

Early on in his recruitment, Hill said he is hearing a lot from Texas, Texas A&M and Alabama who have been hitting him up the most among the number of schools that have already extended an offer.

Hill has been in communication with head coach Steve Sarkisian, a sign that Hill is at the very top of the priority list for the 2023 class.

“I’ve been talking to Sark a lot. He’s real cool, we’ve been just having normal conversations about track and my day. Just normal conversations to get to know him.”

There are going to be a lot of pulling factors in this recruitment. Denton Ryan has no shortage of talent has sent talent all over. JaTavion Sanders is signed with Texas, Billy Bowman Jr. is an early enrollee at Oklahoma and Bear Alexander is already committed to the Georgia Bulldogs.

Hill mentioned all three of his teammates have been in his ear trying to recruit him to their schools. Georgia just offered and when I went to speak with Hill, he said he had recently been on the phone with Glenn Schumann, the UGA LB coach.

When the dead period ends, Hill mentioned Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas A&M as the schools he is hoping to visit. He mentioned Oklahoma as the only school he has seen in person when he visited as a freshman before the shutdown.

Long ways to go, but Texas is in the top handful of schools early on.

• Hook 'Em 2

('23 portion)

Mike at Night: Top schools and transfer targets

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Top schools and transfer targets

Mike Roach

— I saw 2023 Texas OL offer Andre Cojoe today. The Mansfield Timberview offensive lineman is still really early in his recruitment and taking it all in. Cojoe just turned 15 which means he will play his senior year at 16 before turning 17 shortly after. When you look at the film and see what he can do for such a young prospect, you get the sense that the sky is the limit for his potential.

Wiltfong on Arch Manning

Spoiler

Manning has started to dive into his college recruitment as well. He really likes Steve Sarkisian at Texas. Their relationship began when Sarkisian was in Tuscaloosa. New Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien has picked up where Sarkisian left off and Manning has talked with Nick Saban as well. Of course Ed Orgeron and new offensive coordinator Jake Peetz have been involved. Manning looks forward to seeing what the Tigers offense looks like this year under Peetz. Clemson is in the picture. Ole Miss and Tennessee have called. So have Boston College, Stanford and several others.

Manning said family ties to Oxford and Knoxville will not factor into his decision as he starts to think about the path he’ll take on his own journey.

“I think this summer will be a good chance to go visit some colleges,” he said. “I’m real excited about that because right now I’m just talking over the phone and just building some relationships. I think it would be good to go visit some campuses. We haven’t made any decisions but I’d like to go check out a lot of colleges. I have no idea where I could end up.

“I’m looking for a place that’s like a family with good surroundings, great coaches and good players and really puts you in the opportunity to win. I think anywhere right now, I’m not singling out anywhere.”

• Hook 'Em 2

That Manning commitment is a long ways off, a lot can change in 2 seasons.

Having said that, (and yes, it's cliche', fuck you all very much) if we perform well on the field and at least get into the CFB playoffs convo this season or next, no recruit in the country is completely out of reach.

(Mike Roach) Ballwinners: Meet the talented 2023 in-state wide receiver group

The state of Texas is known for producing talent every year. Each cycle takes turns with a wealth of talent in each year. In 2018, the defensive back class was as good as it's ever been. In the 2021 cycle, quarterback and offensive line reigned supreme. In 2023, the state has the chance to produce an elite wide receiver class. The state of Texas has always been big on skill talent. With the proliferation of spread offenses and school-sponsored 7v7, the state became a breeding ground for elite quarterback play and talented pass-catchers.

It's never unusual for the state to have a lot of talent at the wide receiver position, but the early numbers and expected growth at the position indicate an incredibly healthy crop of pass-catchers. With that preamble laid out, we introduce you to the headliners of what could be a special 2023 wide receiver group in the state of Texas.

Braylon James, Del Valle

Build: 6-3, 175

Offers: (9) Arizona State, California, Colorado, Kansas, Marshall, Miami, Pittsburgh, UTSA, Illinois State

Analysis: Size is the obvious advantage and he uses it well. Strong vertical ability and hands to make plays on contested balls in the red zone. Uses his frame to box out opposing defenders. Polished route runner who creates separation easily and shows soft hands with natural pass-catching ability. Strong ability after the catch and a physical, aggressive style.

Ashton Cozart, Richland

Build: 6-2, 170

Offers: (8) Arizona State, Kansas, Maryland, Miami, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia

Analysis: Cozart has a long, lanky build that he combines with advanced route running skill and deep speed. Cozart shows smooth ability in and out of his breaks and consistently defeats defenders with foot quickness and elusive ability. Cozart is a natural pass catcher who uses his long arms to create a big catch radius, and he shows advanced body control adjusting to the ball in flight.

Johntay Cook, DeSoto

Build: 6-0, 170

Offers: (23) Texas, Alabama, Baylor, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Miami, SMU, Mississippi State

Analysis: Cook made a name for himself early as one of the most heralded underclassmen at a powerhouse program. Playing in the slot between Texas Tech signee Jerand Bradley and Arkansas signee Jaedon Wilson, Cook was able to use his quickness to exploit zone coverage and his burners to push defenses vertically. Though smaller in stature than his two FBS teammates, Cook showed dominant ball-winning ability down the seam and strong ability at the top of the route to create extra separation. He tracks the ball well and shows good natural pass-catching ability and body control.

Ja'Koby Banks, Fort Bend Marshall

Build: 5-10, 170

Offers: (1) Marshall

Analysis: Banks plays quarterback for his high school but shows the short area quickness and straight-line explosion to be a big threat from the slot position. Banks has shown the ability to run routes and catch the ball on the 7v7 scene, and his film shows great open-field ability and elusive skill. Banks is more of a projection than anyone else in the class, but Marshall tends to produce dynamic athletes capable of versatility.

Chris Palfreeman, Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal School

Build: 5-10, 160

Offers: (3) Kansas, North Texas, Central Florida

Analysis: Palfreeman moves to All Saints from a run heavy program at Brock. Palfreeman has a verified 10.5 time in the 100 meters and it shows on film. His tremendous deep speed on film and compact build makes him a perfect fit at receiver or running back. A true burner with elite game-breaking ability, Palfreeman shows smooth acceleration and the ability to change direction without losing a ton of speed.

Cordale Russell, North Mesquite

Build: 6-2, 180

Offers: (9) Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, SMU, Central Florida

Analysis: Russell has a powerful build with tremendous length and room to grow. Russell had a productive sophomore season going for 637 yards and 6 touchdowns on 38 receptions. Russell uses his length well to expand the catch radius, and he’s dangerous after the catch. He can battle physicality at the line and is a long strider with the ability to push defenses vertically. Russell shows dynamic leaping ability and excellent body control to make an adjustment on the ball in flight. His raw ability is enough to generate a lot of excitement when considering what he could be if developed properly.

Jaxson Lavender, Lucas Lovejoy

Build: 5-9, 160

Offers: (4) Kansas, Nevada, North Texas, TCU

Analysis: Lavender does it all for Lovejoy with exceptional speed and elusiveness. He plays in the slot mostly, but he can also line up at running back and be a dangerous returner. Lavender shows great vision in the open field the burst to run away from tacklers. He runs crisp routes and catches the ball clean. Where once a player like this couldn’t find a home, a player with his skillset is now valued in the modern college game.

Montrel Hatten, Carthage

Build: 6-2, 175

Offers: (4) Arkansas, Baylor, Georgia Tech, SMU

Analysis: Hatten has a great build with excellent length. He shows strong skill as an outside receiver with plus route running skill and strong physical ability at the high point. Hatten shows tremendous feel for the position and tracks the ball well in flight. Hatten shows strong change of direction and start/stop ability. Hatten put up strong production on a state champion team and is on a strong trajectory of development.

Randy Reece, South Oak Cliff

Build: 6-2, 180

Offers: (3) Georgia Tech, Illinois State, Kansas

Analysis: One of many weapons for the Golden Bears, Reece gets to top speed quickly and can be used as a weapon on screens or to attack defenses deep. Reece showed the ability to turn in several big plays with his raw athleticism. Though he will need to continue to sharpen his route running skills, Reece is the type of athlete who could really bloom in the next two years.

Jalen Hale, Longview

Build: 6-3, 175

Offers: (23) Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma

Analysis: Hale is establishing himself as the alpha in this class early on. His giant build and basketball skill translates well to the field. Hale shows the ability to push defenses vertically and his physical ability is unmatched. Hale can outjump just about any defender he finds himself up against and he’s a menace in the open field with quickness, speed and elusiveness. Hale tracks the ball extremely well and shows elite pass-catching ability.

Jaquaize Pettaway, Houston (Texas) Langham Creek

Build: 5-11, 170

Offers: (10) Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma, Texas, Penn State, USC

Analysis: Pettaway started to rise this spring after his electric sophomore film dropped. Pettaway shows incredible burst out of the slot and the quickness to make space and get past defenders. Pettaway is a mismatch for anyone who lines up against him and requires extra attention to stop. He has a natural feel for finding soft spots in coverage and making himself open. Pettaway will also be a great candidate as a return man.

Lontrell Turner, Duncanville

Build: 5-11, 160

Offers: (3) Baylor, Georgia Tech, SMU

Analysis: Turner is next to step up and be the big play threat at Duncanville following SMU signee Roderick Daniels. Turner is an electric playmaker in the slot who is dangerous in the open field once he has the ball. A weapon in the screen game, Turner can exploit mismatches and be lined up in different positions and also play a factor on special teams.

Jonah Wilson, Spring Dekaney

Build: 6-3, 200

Offers: (6) Houston, LSU, North Texas, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, UTSA

Analysis: Wilson’s big frame and length serve him well and he shows long speed to take the top off of a defense. Wilson uses his long arms well shows soft hands and natural pass-catching ability. Wilson is a physical ball-winner and red zone weapon who should hold over 20 offers by the time he reaches his senior season.

Jaden Greathouse, Austin Westlake

Build: 6-2, 206

Offers: (5) Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas

Analysis: Greathouse’s future is still a bit unclear as to if he will stick at receiver or move to a tight end candidate, but he’s a dynamic receiver with great physical ability. Greathouse is a clean route runner with soft hands and great aerial ability. He shows some ability to run after the catch, but his highest value is as a red zone threat who can move the chains and exploit mismatches in the secondary.

Nick Harris: Ten 2023 prospects who could soon land an offer from Texas

The 2023 class is starting to heat up as they head into their sophomore off-seasons. With post-season evaluations still ongoing within college scouting departments and 7-on-7 events exposing some big talent, more 2023 prospects are emerging on the recruiting scene weekly. Under new head coach Steve Sarkisian, Texas has started to churn out offers in 2023 as the Longhorns currently have 43 offers on the table in the class.

With one commit already in with El Campo (Texas) four-star running back Rueben Owens, Texas has made it known that they will be active early and often in recruiting 2023. In following early trends, the in-state class in 2023 is starting to shape up to be one of the deepest in recent memory at the wide receiver position with also a lot of talent on the defensive line and in the secondary. As evaluations continue to go on, be on the lookout for more offers to go out in the 2023 class in the coming weeks.

With new major prospects continuing to emerge as a result of camps, evaluations and 7-on-7 events, we will take a look at ten prospects who could soon land an offer from Texas, both in-state and out-of-state.

Cordale Russell, Wide Receiver, North Mesquite (Texas)

As the 7-on-7 season heats up, North Mesquite wide receiver Cordale Russell is starting to turn a lot of heads with freakish grabs and elite athleticism. Nicknamed "Baby T.O.," Russell has the perfect combination of size, leaping ability and strong hands that makes a big-bodied receiver like himself so coveted at the next level. Currently sitting a 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Russell still has a ton of room to fill in his frame as he continues to tear up the 7-on-7 circuit with Team Flex. Currently holds nine offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, SMU, Tennessee, UCF, Utah State and Illinois State.

Aaron Williams, Cornerback, Corona (Calif.) Centennial

As the new Texas coaching staff has made known already in their first two months on the job, the state of California is open for business. A prospect that has turned heads since his freshman season in the Golden State, Aaron Williams has made the long trip to Texas multiple times in recent months to play with the Houston-based Team Fury on the 7-on-7 circuit where he has dominated competition. Currently holds nine offers from Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Colorado, Georgia, Oregon, Kansas, Oregon State and USC.
CB Jacoby Davis (Photo: Nick Harris, 247Sports)

Jacoby Davis, Cornerback, Galena Park (Texas) North Shore

Starting on the opposite side of 2022 five-star cornerback Denver Harris in his sophomore season, Jacoby Davis ensured that North Shore trotted out one of the best secondaries in the country last season with dominant play at the position. As the season progressed, Davis landed nine offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Utah. Davis has continued to show his skills on the 7-on-7 circuit with All-En Sports in Houston as his stock continues to rise.

Mack Howard, Quarterback, Columbus (Miss.) Heritage Academy

With the in-state crop of quarterbacks expected to be slimmer than usual in 2023, Texas may have to go out-of-state once again for an elite signal caller, and Mack Howard could be their next offer. The Texas staff has made contact with the 6-foot-3, 186 pound pro-style quarterback in recent weeks as former Alabama staffers in Austin continue to keep in contact with recruits from the southeast.

Christian Brathwaite, Inside Linebacker, Cypress (Texas) Ranch

With only one linebacker offer out on the table in 2023, Texas could soon move on multiple prospects at the position, and Cypress Ranch's Christian Brathwaite is one I'm keeping an eye on. On a defense that has consistently put out Power Five talent, Brathwaite is next in line for extensive college attention as his sophomore film has impressed evaluators across the country. Holding just two offers from Baylor and Colorado at the moment, look for Brathwaite's stock to rise in coming weeks.

Jonah Wilson, Wide Receiver, Spring (Texas) Dekaney

In an area round loss to Bridgeland in December, Jonah Wilson made his presence felt with a dominating performance (5 receptions for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns) that forced the game into quadruple overtime. Since then, Wilson has added six offers from Houston, LSU, North Texas, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M and UTSA. A lot is still left to be seen from Wilson, but with his 7-on-7 debut expected this weekend with Houston Storm, he will be a name to know moving into the spring.

Kaden Carr, Offensive Tackle, Amarillo (Texas)

To succeed in offensive line recruiting in 2023, it looks as though Texas will need to do some work out west. With an offer already out to Odessa (Texas) Permian offensive lineman Harris Sewell, Amarillo's Kaden Carr could be the next West Texas trench monster in line for an offer from the Longhorns. Carr has picked up six of his seven offers since the conclusion of his sophomore season with big name programs such as Oregon, TCU and Arizona State already in the mix.
S Jaden Milliner-Jones (Photo: Andrew Hattersley, 247Sports)

Jaden Milliner-Jones, Safety, DeSoto

It seems as though every recruiting cycle has at least two prospects at DeSoto that end up being major recruits, and with Johntay Cook already picking up massive attention, Jaden Milliner-Jones could be the second. Milliner-Jones possesses a solid frame that continues to fill out and has the footwork, IQ and athleticism that colleges want in a safety prospect. Already holds offers from SMU, Mississippi State, Connecticut, Kansas and Illinois State.

Isaiah Crawford, Outside Linebacker, Post (Texas)

Post has put themselves on the map with back-to-back appearances in the state championship, and in their 2020 run, Isaiah Crawford was a big reason why the Antelopes made it as far as they did. Again, with just one linebacker offer out on the table (zero to outside backers), look for Texas to move on some guys in the coming weeks. A big-framed, physical player, Crawford already holds offers from Baylor, Colorado, SMU and Illinois State.

Ashton Cozart, Wide Receiver, North Richland Hills (Texas)

Originally from Fort Worth, Cozart spent some time in the Pacific Northwest before recently moving back to the DFW area where he has turned some heads as a big receiver talent. On the camp circuit, Cozart has made his presence felt, and offers are starting to come his way. Sporting a 4.56 40-yard dash time, Cozart currently holds offers from Arizona State, Kansas, TCU, Miami, Maryland, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, and Virginia.

Roach

Spoiler

— Texas only has 2023 quarterback offers out to Malachi Nelson and Arch Manning, but I’m told that AJ Milwee has been in contact with Columbus (MS.) Heritage Academy passer Mack Howard. Howard holds early offers from Kansas, Louisville and Middle Tennessee State, and he’s hearing from many more programs that are indicating interest in him. Howard spoke briefly with Horns247 and said he would be very interested in a Texas offer if it were to come along.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

These virtual tours have to be so awkward for all involved. 

These are younger guys who have already adapted to a year of Zoom school - they're probably pretty used to it. There's always the inherent awkwardness of sitting through a sales pitch, but that never changes.

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

Roach

Hide contents

— Texas only has 2023 quarterback offers out to Malachi Nelson and Arch Manning, but I’m told that AJ Milwee has been in contact with Columbus (MS.) Heritage Academy passer Mack Howard. Howard holds early offers from Kansas, Louisville and Middle Tennessee State, and he’s hearing from many more programs that are indicating interest in him. Howard spoke briefly with Horns247 and said he would be very interested in a Texas offer if it were to come along.

Nelson and Arch manning are elite elite, similar to the Lawrence and Fields class. But there appears to be an early strong group behind them including so far Mack Howard, Eli Holstein, and Nicholaus Iamaleava (yes that's a real name). Locally there's also Jake Strong, although he might end up being a weak in-state QB1. 

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah did Texas not do that? I'm in NC now and most of my coworkers have been dealing with kids being around all the time until very recently.

Some districts allowed students to opt out of in-person instruction for the 2020-21 year, but everywhere I'm aware of was open (and has stayed open) since at least October.

Darius Terrell ranks the top prospects in the 2023 class

Spoiler

DT’s 2023 Top 20

I’ve spent the past couple of months combing through the 2023 class as guys have slowly released their season highlights. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been releasing “Glance Ahead” lists that highlight the early standouts at each position group.

Today, the puzzle starts to come together a little bit as we take I take an early stab at ranking the top Sophomores in the state. I’m not going to be disingenuous and release a top 50 or 100 list just to say I did it. These are the names that I’m high on right now and based on offers, I’d say that they are names that you’ll probably want to get familiar with as well as Texas fans.

Enjoy.

*The rankings represent my opinion only*

1. Denton Ryan LB Anthony Hill Jr. (6’2 220)

Thoughts: Hill is my early choice for top dawg in the class and he already has his choice of suitors across the nation from the best programs in College Football.

2. El Campo RB Rueben Owens II (5’11 185)

Thoughts: The “Black Unicorn” is committed to Texas. Big-timer. 

3. Wichita Falls Hirschi RB A’Marion Peterson (6’1 195)

Thoughts: Folks are way behind on Peterson and I’m fine with standing alone on the table for him right now. He doesn’t do social media at this point, which I truly believe is the driving force behind him being so criminally underrated to this point. His film and numbers don’t lie.

4. Amarillo Tascosa DL Avion Carter (6’5 250)

Thoughts: Carter is the best prospect to come out of Amarillo since I can remember. Kids from that region tend to like Texas when it is an option.

5. Arlington Lamar OT Isaiah Robinson (6’6 280)

Thoughts: Robinson appears to be the early unanimous choice for premier OL prospect in the class. Going to be a bloodbath for his signature.

6. Longview WR Jalen Hale (6’2 180)

Thoughts: Hale holds a substantial offer list and is considered one of the top WRs in the country regardless of class. 

7. Langham Creek WR Jaquaize Pettaway (5’11 170)

Thoughts: I missed him on my initial ‘Glance Ahead” at the 2023 WRs and I regret it. He’s got offers from everyone. Tremendous tape.

8. Shiner ATH Dalton Brooks (6’1 175)

Thoughts: Brooks is a man amongst boys, even as a Sophomore, at his 2A Shiner program. Brooks will have his choice of programs across the country, but it will likely be the program that decides to make room for his older brother, Douglas, who is a unique prospect in his own right, that wins his signature.

9. Wylie East DL Anthony James (6’6 230)

Thoughts: Committed to Texas A&M. James is an exciting young prospect with tools that you can dream big on. 

10. Arlington Martin CB Javien Toviano (6’1 185)

Thoughts: My early choice for top Cornerback in a loaded Defensive Back class. Already holds a ton of major offers.

11. Odessa Permian OG Harris Sewell (6’4 285)

Thoughts: You have to be a bad man to be an interior Offensive Lineman and rate higher than other positions that hold more value. Sewell is a stud and already holds an offer from Kyle Flood and Texas.

12. Arlington Seguin DB Jamel Johnson (6’1 185)

Thoughts: I think that Johnson has a chance to end up being the top-rated Safety in this class with his versatility to play any position in the Secondary and his size.

13. Katy Morton Ranch DE David Hicks Jr. (6’3 250)

Thoughts: I really, really like Hicks on tape. He’s violent and explosive. He holds double-digit P5 offers already.

14. Waco Connally RB Tre Wisner (5’11 175)

Thoughts: Wisner is a smooth operator out there. He’s not the biggest, strongest, or fastest RB prospect in the class but he just makes it all look so easy.

15. DeSoto WR Johntay Cook II (6’0 175)

Thoughts:  Cook has early offers from everyone, but I have it on good authority that schools like Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas will be major players for his services throughout his recruitment.

16. FB Ridge Point Defensive Tackle DK Kalu (6’3 270)

Thoughts: Kalu has NFL bloodlines and has already been a two-year Starter at the 6A level.

17. North Shore CB Jacoby Davis (5’11 170)

Thoughts: I love Davis’ feet and competitiveness on tape. He’s sticky and has the early look of one of the best in the class as he started every game for a state power opposite 5-Star Denver Harris.

18. Dallas Parish Episcopal S Daniel Demery (6’0 180)

Thoughts: Demery has been a two-year, two-way threat for Parish Episcopal and has been instrumental in two state championships already in his young career.

19. Naaman Forest Defensive Tackle Markis Deal (6’4 270)

Thoughts: Deal is a mystery man to some, but I’ve been hearing about him since he was in middle school. He has started at both Tight End and Defensive Tackle for his 5A program for the past two seasons. Major upside.

20. Justin Northwest QB Jake Strong (6’1 175)

Thoughts: It’s early, but Strong has been the most productive young QB to this point. A Coach’s kid, he’s got the “it” factor you look for.

Names to watch:

South Oak Cliff CB Jayvon Thomas 

Del Valle WR Braylon James

Austin Westlake WR/HB Jaden Greathouse

Lewisville DL Jordan Renaud

Katy Taylor DE Dylan Spencer

Duncanville CB Deldrick Madison

Nolan Catholic DE Kaleb James

Carthage WR Montrel Hatten Jr.

Lake Travis QB Bo Edmundson 

College Station RB Marquise Collins

Temple ATH Mikal Harrison-Pilot 

Cy Ranch LB Christian Bradwaithe

North Mesquite WR Cordale Russell

Coppell CB Braxton Myers

Lake Travis OG Ben Hartman

Mansfield S Brenden Jordan

Denton Ryan C Kolt De La Torre

Smithson Valley OG Colton Thomasson 

Lovejoy WR Jaxson Lavender

Dallas Skyline LB Dylan Brown-Turner 

Cy Ranch DE Ashton Porter

Duncanville RB/WR Lontrell Turner

Ennis QB Jackson Gilkey 

Temple LB Taurean York 

Wolfforth Frenship OL Isaiah Kema 

John Tyler WR Montrell Wade

South Oak Cliff WR Randy Reece

Nolan Catholic RB Sergio Snider

Arlington Timberview OT Andre Cojoe 

Gladewater Sabine CB Cayden Fortson 

Highland Park QB Brennen Storer

DeSoto WR/HB Dahlyn Jones 

Highland Park OT Robert Sweeny 

Red Oak RB Iverson Young

• Hook 'Em 1

IT on Cook

Spoiler

WR Johntay Cook, Desoto - 2023: The budding star is likely to add offers from Ohio State and Notre Dame in the coming weeks. Of the schools that have offered, Oklahoma was the childhood favorite and remains at the top of the list. Cook did comment to IT, “I wish I hadn’t said that.” While Cook will go through the process with an open mind, Texas, Texas A&M and others have ground to make up on the Sooners. Of course, Alabama is always the wild card and is a legit threat to beat out the Sooners, even in DFW.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 1

Some of the players who will be at the UA All American Camp in DFW tomorrow.

Spoiler

Rueben Owens, RB, El Campo (Texas commit)
Kolt De La Torre, OL, Denton Ryan
Johntay Cook, WR, Desoto
Ashton Cozart, WR, Richland Hills
Andre Cojoe, OL, Mansfield Timberview
Jalen Hale, WR, Longview
Mikal Harrison-Pilot, ATH, Temple
Montrel Hatten, WR, Carthage
Anthony Hill Jr, LB, Denton Ryan
Braylon James, WR, Del Valle
Deldrick Madison, CB, Duncanville
Jordan Renaud, DE, Lewisville
Javien Toviano, CB, Arlington Martin