Gators @ Tigers (-14.5) 10/12/19 7pm ESPN

Loco

Just a place to put your pregame predictions and shit talking...    It's going to be cool (like the Gata offense) so no telling if LSU will cramp to death or not.

Even though the Gata are 14.5 pt  road dogs,  this game will be entertaining to say the least.  I do think that UF has a punchers chance and we'll get to see just how good that LSU passing game is.

Joe Burrow no likey the Gata and the feeling is mutual.

EGKOr6lW4AE_HWg?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Loco

35-24 LSU

LSU has the potential here to name their score.  But they won't be able to run the ball on Florida once they have a comfortable lead, so I think it's closer than expected (scoreboard but not really the game).

Edited by JBJ

Just now, Machinator said:

Well, sure, but that probably shouldn't count, since A&M shouldn't have been favored. They were undefeated and ranked 6th, but they were living off of a game one shellacking of an incredibly overrated South Carolina team. For the record, neither A&M nor South Carolina ended the year ranked, and MSU ended up losing 3 games (including a big loss to
Georgia Tech in their bowl game) and  ranked 11th in AP, 12 in coaches' poll.

TL;DR -- Florida is fucked.

LSU will probably win, but Florida has a stout D

not really...it’s fools gold.

offense rankings of their previous opponents...

Miami - 64th
TN Martin (FCS) - 68th
Kentucky - 88th
Tennessee - 108th
Townson (FCS) - 73rd
Auburn - 36th

10 of their sacks came in that shitfest of a first game against Thug U starting a true freshman QB and 3 freshmen OL.

Believe that all you want. We have played the last three games without our best D lineman, Zuniga is back for this game. Even outside the sack numbers, we get a ton of pressure on QBs, which is why we turn guys over so much. Burrow does a great job of getting it out quick, it’s really going to come down to how long Grantham can keep showing him odd looks and make him progress through his reads. If he’s able to get it out to his pre-snap read the way he did against Texas, we are fucked. 

The bigger worry is Trask. His first true road start, in Baton Rouge, at night. If he can keep it together, I think it will be a fun game. 

33 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Miami - 64th
TN Martin (FCS) - 68th
Kentucky - 88th
Tennessee - 108th
Townson (FCS) - 73rd
Auburn - 36th

10 of their sacks came in that shitfest of a first game against Thug U starting a true freshman QB and 3 freshmen OL.

Speaking of fools gold, care to post the pass defense rankings of the teams LSU has played?

The good thing is we will get to see the answer on the field.   To be honest, I am VERY concerned about the number of busted coverages the Gata has had.  UF has gotten lucky with receivers dropping them or tackling themselves.   In a hostile night game facing excellent receivers, I have no doubt LSU will connect on at least one.  

Gata punter Townsend is a factor, a field position flipper.  I don't care how effective the retooled LSU offense is, 'tis harder to drive 80 than to drive 50.  Also, over/under on successful Gata fake punts is 2.  Over/under on Golden Girls multiple orgasms by dawn Sunday is 68, win or lose.

Image result for lsu golden girls

Edited by Bama Llama
ineptitude

this is certainly a more interesting game to me now than i thought it would be last week...the problem for florida is that joe burrow is not shitty bo nix and they are not at home.  the problem for lsu is that this will be the first truly physical defensive line they have played this year.  lsu gets props for going on the road to austin and winning a close one.  however, their other games have been georgia southern, northwestern state, vanderbilt, and utah state with all but vandy being at home (and vandy essentially being a home game).

texas could have the number 1 defense and offense in the country against that shitty ass schedule.  so looking to national rankings of units is fairly irrelevant.  what's interesting here is we have strength vs. strength and weakness v. weakness.  lsu offense is stellar but i don't think it is necessarily a "they can name their own score situation."  they will score, but it won't be at will, particularly early.  florida's offense is not great but neither is lsu's d.

lsu wins by 10-14, but it won't be a run away with is situation in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Miami - 64th
TN Martin (FCS) - 68th
Kentucky - 88th
Tennessee - 108th
Townson (FCS) - 73rd
Auburn - 36th

Ah, that's right. I keep hearing Auburn's D is good, and you're right about Miami being beyond shitty. LSU gonna do bad things, regardless. I don't know who their qb is, but I know Delpit and Co should feast. 

22 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ah, that's right. I keep hearing Auburn's D is good, and you're right about Miami being beyond shitty. LSU gonna do bad things, regardless. I don't know who their qb is, but I know Delpit and Co should feast. 

QB is Trask; he's from Pearland or Manvel, i forget which...was a back-up all through HS, including his senior year, to the kid at Univ. of Houston.  

that said, he's better than Flippy, but has zero pocket awareness and hangs on to the ball for far too long.   and he likes to fumble...so there's that.

so this game...a night game in Tiger Stadium...will be his first start on the road since literally 9th grade.

(edit...Mullen is going to trot Trask out there with a sprained MCL he caught vs. Auburn).

Edited by Kyrie Eleison
  • Like 1

Just now, Kyrie Eleison said:

QB is Trask; he's from Pearland or Manvel, i forget which...was a back-up all through HS, including his senior year, to the kid at Univ. of Houston.  

that said, he's better than Flippy, but has zero pocket awareness and hangs on to the ball for far too long.   and he likes to fumble...so there's that.

so this game...a night game in Tiger Stadium...will be his first start on the road since literally 9th grade.

Ouch. Y'alls D-line gonna eat. Literally ANYONE is better than Flip, man. He might be the worst qb I've ever seen with hype. I'm excited to see this game the more I think about it. I was 'meh' at first, but I want to see Burrow and Williams, and Emery finally go off. Ridiculous they've been holding him back. I understand Helaire has been solid, but Emery out of hs was a freak. 

43 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

(edit...Mullen is going to trot Trask out there with a sprained MCL he caught vs. Auburn).

This is all very accurate, good thing UF has a great O-line...  oh, wait...     Look for lots of screens, quick passes, and hopefully some Kadarius Toney

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

we’re ranked 17 in total defense...Florida sits at 38.

keep mything...

It is week 7 and LSU has only played one game worth watching, and the defense didn't shine in that win. Not to mention you have the benefit of a bye week.

Florida is already on their 4th SEC game and they played Miami.

Hardly sensible to compare any defensive rankings.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

keep mything...

How do you tout your defensive ranking with that schedule, and then call Florida’s defense “fools gold” based on the same? That’s some SECSEC rationale right there.

Actually don’t answer.

Just gtfo.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

How do you tout your defensive ranking with that schedule, and then call Florida’s defense “fools gold” based on the same? That’s some SECSEC rationale right there.

Actually don’t answer.

Just gtfo.

lol..love that i live in your head rent...fucking...free!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761163ee6b730b4ac90d9e

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

keep mything...

Something, something, fake hurricane....   Loss to Gata in Flesh Wound Valley, as I recall.     

The last five years we play these like the programs have stock in cardiac arrest drugs.    Why we play 'em.  

On 10/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, Loco said:

Just a place to put your pregame predictions and shit talking...    It's going to be cool (like the Gata offense) so no telling if LSU will cramp to death or not.

Even though the Gata are 14.5 pt  road dogs,  this game will be entertaining to say the least.  I do think that UF has a punchers chance and we'll get to see just how good that LSU passing game is.

Joe Burrow no likey the Gata and the feeling is mutual.

EGKOr6lW4AE_HWg?format=jpg&name=large

eR80wOp.jpg

On 10/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

He's from Manvel

On 10/10/2019 at 10:39 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Ouch. Y'alls D-line gonna eat. Literally ANYONE is better than Flip, man. He might be the worst qb I've ever seen with hype. I'm excited to see this game the more I think about it. I was 'meh' at first, but I want to see Burrow and Williams, and Emery finally go off. Ridiculous they've been holding him back. I understand Helaire has been solid, but Emery out of hs was a freak. 

Look at that product placement

Also

FB-IMG-1570640806632.jpg

Let's just keep the DBU chatter to a minimum.  Based on games this year, there have been WAY too many busted coverages for anyone associated with the Gators to be claiming that mythical moniker.

I don't think the Gators will win, but the disrespect and shit talking from LSU certainly isn't falling on deaf ears.   I love how LSU wants to make this a big rivalry game, lol,  get in line...  LSU is like 4th or 5th on UF's list.  

Oh and if UF does win, the whining from Redstick about how unfair it is to play the Gata...  oh, whoa is me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

NO CRAMP TIME OUT EXCUSES YOU FUCKS

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but it blows me away that so many people were upset by this. It’s just...what you’re supposed to do when you’re getting ambushed by a no huddle offense. You have to find a way to slow them down at least a little bit. This isn’t about telling the truth. There’s no way of knowing if someone has a cramp or not. It was frustrating to no end that we didn’t do this to LSU

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Fuck You 4

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but it blows me away that so many people were upset by this. It’s just...what you’re supposed to do when you’re getting ambushed by a no huddle offense.

Wrong. It's SEC bullshit. It's a pussy's excuse for not being able to slow the other team down.