Storm the Field

Recommend me a built-in outdoor grill

Need to start looking at grill options for the outdoor kitchen on the house I'm building. Don't need a ton of bells and whistles (like electric rotisserie spit) but do want to get something rather heavy-duty that won't need replacing for at least 5 years. 

I'm about to remodel my outdoor kitchen. I'm going to have my guys fab me up a Santa Maria style grill in a custom size.

I've been coming up with new ideas for fab work, thinking about building these.

CHIEF

Conversation begins and ends with this.  And I don't think it's even close.  This is Weber's only built in grill option.  After some exhaustive research, which included talking to a lot of neighbors and buddies and even using some of their more common ones (Bull comes to mind which is one a lot of builders use), this is where I landed.  I've put one in each of the last two outdoor kitchens I've built.  And when I build my next one, that's what I'll get.  Even if I buy a place that already has an outdoor kitchen, I'll tear it out and put in one of these.

You pay a little extra, but it's worth it.  And yes, they may have a couple bells and whistles that you think you don't need (i.e. rotisserie) but you're paying extra for the Weber.  And the best model that Weber makes.  Plus it's not that much more than most other brands...a few hundred bucks maybe.  Also, these come with storage underneath which most don't have so it's probably about a wash if you were to add the doors for that.  And I'd be shocked if it doesn't last ten plus years.

I did the 4 burner my first round and the 6 burner my second round.  I'll probably just go back to the 4 burner when I do another one.  Only difference is grilling capacity and I really didn't need all that space very often as I don't entertain a whole lot.  But if you cook for a lot of people, go with the 6.

Pretty sure you can find them a little cheaper than what the Weber site has them listed at if you shop it around right and maybe catch a sale.  But even at full retail...worth every penny.  Thank me later.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/summit-series/7260001.html?cgid=221#start=1

7260001B_1800x1800.png?fit=fill&h=950&w=

Or the larger one...

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/summit-series/7460001.html?cgid=221#start=1

7360001_1800x1800.png?fit=fill&h=950&w=1

Weber is the correct answer.  Had it at my last house and I was a steak searing magician.  900 degrees was no problem and easily the best grill I ever had.

Just moved into a new house and went to look at the Weber, got talked into the 3X more expensive TEC with ceramic plate, smoker grill, etc...  It sucks compared to the Weber.

My summit 670 just turned 13. I had the box liner, all burner tubes and grates/flavorizer bars replaced under warranty at year 8 (they needed it). Warranty was outstanding. No questions asked. Didn’t even ask for pics. Just shipped me the parts and had a licensed Weber guy come replace all the stuff. New grill at 8 years for all intensive purposes. 

all that said, buddy has a Firemagic and it has my eye if I go built in route next. 

Edited by Bert Orange

Have had a Weber for years and love it.  Will be 4 years old soon and I use it 4 or 5 nights a week  

That being said, I went with Blaze for the outdoor kitchen that should be finished up next week.  It checked all the important boxes in terms of price, options, capabilities, etc.  I researched the hell out of almost everything on the market and picked Blaze over the Weber mainly because i did not like the look of the built-in webers (looks like the one I have, just without side burner and table) and because of lack of options for side burner configurations. 

Check out BBQguys.com.  They have awesome package deals.  I saved a ton of money on a set of drawers and doors, trash can pull out, trim kits and under counter fridge when I bought the grill and double side burner.  Free next day delivery, no tax, good customer service.  Also bought outdoor gas fireplace and a few other things as well.

I did use my friends built in Blaze a few weeks ago and was seriously impressed, which made me a lot less nervous about the switch.  

I'll report back soon once it gets hooked up and I fire it up a few times.  

Delta Heat here.  7 years and not one issue, it get used twice a week minimum.  I do nothing to maintain it and it is still yet to disappoint.  I also have it hooked up to my gas line, which I highly recommend.