NFL 2020 Season Catch All Thread

LTtxfan

More reasons while Brady will always be my favorite athlete of all time, in any sport.   This stuff isn't anything new.  It's how he's always done things and treated teammates.

Despite the fact that Brady has won six Super Bowl rings, in contrast to 75% of the players on the Bucs' roster who haven't even been to the postseason, the QB doesn't regard himself as better than his teammates.

He thinks their input is as important as his is for them. Earning and keeping their respect is just as important as it is for them to earn his.

"Us being around one another, learning different things about one another, just only develops trust, dependability, consistency," Brady said. "Then, these guys [are who] you go to battle with and you compete hard with. You gain a different level of love for them as people because you see the way they compete, the way they treat people, and the competitors they are on the field, what they do off the field with their families and the community. It's just been really great to see."

Evans gushed, "He's already up there as one of my favorite teammates," after just a few practices, but also noted that underneath it all, Brady wants to be seen as a normal guy, as "Tommy," which Arians called him for the first time at the podium Sunday.

"He's the GOAT, on and off the field. It's crazy. He's a superstar -- the most accomplished player in our game in history, and he's just like everybody else," Evans said. "He loves his family. He loves family time. He's just cool. He's a real down-to-earth guy."

Jensen added, "I didn't know what to expect at first, but when first met him, he's a down-to-earth guy. One of the boys in the locker room. That's who he is, and it's nice for sure."

Those relationships Brady is developing mean as much to him as they do to his teammates.

"What you have with this sport is you have your memories and you have relationships -- that's what it comes down to for me," Brady said. "To have the opportunity to come here and develop relationships with a different set of people -- and that's happened in my 20-year career, but to come down to Tampa, to join a team and to be embraced the way that I've been embraced -- it's been amazing for me.

Scotty Miller, a sixth-round draft pick like Brady but in just his second year, believes what separates Brady from others is the way he treats people.

"He's never treated me like I was 'sub-Tom Brady.' Nobody on this team gets treated like you're beneath Tom Brady," Miller said. "He treated me with respect from the very first day I met him. He just treats us like we're equals. To me, that makes me want to play incredibly hard."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30055114/from-goat-just-tommy-how-tom-brady-meshed-tampa-teammates

"The running back market definitely took a hit, and I can't be the guy who continues to let it take a hit. We do everything ... Our value isn't where it needs to be. I'm taking it upon myself to open up some eyes and show the position is more valuable." - Le’Veon Bell, 2017

$28 milliion dollars

18 games

4 TD

He is the poster of why teams will not pay RB like that. The backs that got extensions this year were smart to do so versus fight it out in FA after this year. 

Between covid reduced cap and the continued evidence you don't need a bell cow to win, that market will be saturated with good backs and not many people wanting to pay them much at all.

Out of town and I’m watching the Fox pregame for the first time in years because I hate the personalities they have on there.

How low has Fox gone in order to have someone like Mike Vick as a damn studio analyst? Dog killer with IQ of a rock. Literally anyone can be a host if you played I guess

• Like 1

I hadn't seen the Jets yet this year but unfortunately they're one of only two games on Red Zone right now. This is the worst professional football team I've ever seen. Even the 0-16 Lions had moments of competency and talent in a few spots. Some of the worst, dumbest football of all time. Wow.

33 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Man, he is a bad dude.

Indeed. There was a ticker since 2018 there have been six 200 yard rushing games and Henry accounted for half of those. His last two games against the Texans amounted to 54 carries for 423 yards and 5 touchdowns. In addition he caught 2 passes for 52 yards to bring his all-purpose yardage total to an impressive 475 yards throughout 2 contests. Derrick Henry should be the front runner for the MVP at this point.

53 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The Cam Newton experiment in New England is going to get pretty interesting the rest of the way. If the interceptions continue, and he leads the team in rushing, I don't think it will end well and he'll probably end up injured.

He didn’t play well yesterday but there’s a reason Brady got the fuck outta there and it was more than just his beef with bellicheck. That team has arguably the worst group of offensive skill guys in the entire league. Cam is throwing to a washed Edelman, a raw N’Keil Harry, and no legitimate NFL tight end. 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

He didn’t play well yesterday but there’s a reason Brady got the fuck outta there and it was more than just his beef with bellicheck. That team has arguably the worst group of offensive skill guys in the entire league. Cam is throwing to a washed Edelman, a raw N’Keil Harry, and no legitimate NFL tight end. 

Which is why I said it will get pretty interesting.

This is correct. I think Brady finally got tired of them not giving him any weapons. I don’t blame him.
  • Like 1

What are the Jets waiting for re: Gase.

they can't seriously be considering keeping this guy.

if you are Trevor Lawrence and the Jets have the 1st pick and Gase is still the coach, might as well stay another year. in no sport and no position, will ending up on the wrong team ruin a player like this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

What’s the point of firing him now if you want to ensure you have the #1 pick next year? Might as well let him drive the bus all of the way off the cliff.

good point. but guys like that have a way of leaving corrosive after-effects that last a long time even after they are gone. I'd take building the proper culture/lockerroom over the #1 pick most times...

• Like 1

Tua gets to ball. 

The Miami Dolphins are naming Tua Tagovailoa their starting quarterback, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Ryan Fitzpatrick now will back up Tagovailoa, who made his NFL debut Sunday in a win against the New York Jets.

The Dolphins are on bye this week, but return on Nov. 1 to face the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8.

Tagovailoa entered Sunday's game with a little over two minutes left, and threw his first two NFL passes, both completions.

Forget about the Tannehill that played under Gase, this version is lighting it up. His previous career high for TD passes was 27 with a whopping 590 attempts. He's already thrown 13 this season with 173 attempts and will shatter that mark easily with dramatically less pass attempts. It's a transformation reminiscent of Brees leaving SD for NOLA. There is a 17 game sample size to work with, I wouldn't chalk it up as a fluke at this point.

The NFL announced Thursday that Sunday's Buccaneers-Raiders game, originally scheduled for 8:20 p.m. on NBC, now will be held at 4:05 p.m. on FOX.

The league said it made the move "out of an abundance of caution to ensure that a game would be available for fans on Sunday Night Football."

The Seahawks-Cardinals game will now be played Sunday night.

Raiders tackle Trent Brown was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 listWednesday, and the team sent home all five of its starting offensive linemen from practice on due to contact tracing.

In its statement, the league said it still expects Buccaneers-Raiders to be played Sunday.

Russ v. Kyler is more fun anyway. 

On 10/20/2020 at 11:38 AM, Chad said:

Forget about the Tannehill that played under Gase, this version is lighting it up. His previous career high for TD passes was 27 with a whopping 590 attempts. He's already thrown 13 this season with 173 attempts and will shatter that mark easily with dramatically less pass attempts. It's a transformation reminiscent of Brees leaving SD for NOLA. There is a 17 game sample size to work with, I wouldn't chalk it up as a fluke at this point.

Definitely a poor man’s version of that lol, but I’m with you man. Tannehill is the real deal. He let case McCoy beat him in the final game ever at aggy, right? He’s come a long way. 

Guess ol’ Bruce has changed his mind about AB. 

Antonio Brown will visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday and the sides are working toward an agreement on a contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Both sides want to complete a deal that would reunite Brown with quarterback Tom Brady. There are steps to be taken during the visit, and the Seattle Seahawks are still is in the mix, but the Buccaneers have emerged as the favorites, the source told Schefter.

The Bucs have been banged up at the wide receiver position. Mike Evans has been playing on an injured ankle since Week 4 and hasn't been able to practice consistently, while Chris Godwin just returned from a hamstring injury, and deep threat Scotty Miller has been limited by a groin/hip injury.

Brady has been pushing for the Bucs to sign Brown since the summer. Brady took Brown under his wing during his brief tenure in New England -- on and off the field.

The two had immediate on-field chemistry -- Brown had 4 catches for 54 yards and a touchdown in a 43-0 win over the Miami Dolphins -- in their first game together. As it turned out, it was their only game together, as Brown was released later in the week.

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians worked with Brown while he was the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh and has previously been critical of Brown. Arians told Schefter on his podcast in 2019 that Brown was "too much of a diva," and said as recently as March that Brown wasn't a fit on the Bucs.