Jamaal Charles to be enshrined in the UT Athletics Hall of Honor

shadow_operative

A fantastic Longhorn who was perhaps even more impressive in the NFL. Stud.

In my NFC North season preview, I mildly criticized Adrian Peterson9 for being better at the kinds of things the passing game already has covered (breaking long plays), and worse at the kinds of things that help keep the running game relevant (gaining yardage consistently, setting up high-leverage second downs). So with another star running back on my plate, I thought I should check to see if Charles has similar problems.

The simple answer is “no.” The slightly more complicated answer is “no, and this is a silly comparison because Jamaal Charles is way better than Adrian Peterson.”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/2014-nfl-preview-the-broncos-versus-the-hopefuls/

Edited by TommyGufano

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

4th Qtr of Nebraska will forever be ingrained in my head 2007   he literally carried the team to the victory,  i've never seen anything like that,  maybe emmitt beating NYG with a sep shoulder 

Ha!  That shit was the best.  We were in the corner endzone and saw Jamaal coming around on the stretch w/ 2 Neb defenders triangulating on him to stop the play and they just stopped and started turning towards us to run and we were like WTF?  Here comes Jamaal blowing by them at light speed towards the end zone.  Just amazing to watch live.

• Hook 'Em 2

The most efficient runner in NFL history

Track star with great hands , between the tackles grit, and could make you miss in a phone booth

Smoothest at speed athlete with the ball in his hands

Head down sprinters stride - game over he's gone finishing move

"whisp of smoke" - Greg Davis, freshman year. Right before popping OU for 80 up the middle.

Also happens to be by all accounts a humble, giving, awesome dude that overcame a lot

Jamaal motherfucking Charles

ran for 250 or something against the Broncos once in hilariously dominating fashion.

Author of the Jamaalocaust in fantasy football. Internet legend for that day just ruining peoples years and playoff runs.

Nebraska's daddy

AJ Hawks daddy

NCAA/Madden beast

Hook'em JC

Well deserved 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

As a Senior at Port Arthur Memorial (I think it was Memorial by then and not Jefferson).....he went for 400+ in a playoff game against Spring Westfield - a legit state championship contender with D-1 talent. The game was played in the middle of the day with the heat index of 100+.

Then the aforementioned tackle of AJ Hawk after the interception...he was the intended receiver in the right flat around our own 20, fell down on the overthrow, got up, circled back around the field toward the end zone and then back upfield, decleated Hawk around the 15, and we held them to a field goal.

In my mind, one of the top 10 if not 5 most important single effort plays of the season.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/28/2020 at 7:43 AM, MirrOlure said:

Then the aforementioned tackle of AJ Hawk after the interception...he was the intended receiver in the right flat around our own 20, fell down on the overthrow, got up, circled back around the field toward the end zone and then back upfield, decleated Hawk around the 15, and we held them to a field goal.

AJ never fully recovered

ugly-beautiful.gif

priest definitely has the better resume and may very well have been the better back. in fact i'll say that he was indeed the better back, which isn't easy for me to say with jamaal's balls so deep in my throat, but god damn priest in his prime was truly an all-timer. for sure one of the 15-20 best RBs ever during that stretch in KC. still, it's just sick to know that jamaal would have had a wildly better resume had his idiot coaches not stifled his growth by forcing him to share time/be a bit player for years so that thomas jones, peyton hillis, and old ass larry johnson could get the bulk of the work. 😡 

on that note, if arthur smith doesn't get his shit together real soon then he's going to be the todd haley to bijan's jamaal charles. it's like, "hey asshole- you see that alien wearing number 7? you might to involve him in your offense." jesus christ these nfl coaches and their blatant misuse of historic Texas RB's (Ricky included). makes me sick. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

I just always wonder what JC would have done if his knees didn't turn to dust.  The Chiefs were just getting into the Andy Reid Show.  

That's always the most impressive thing about JC's crazy numbers.  He played on bad Chiefs teams, behind bad to mediocre O-lines, with mid QBs/receivers, and he still managed 5.4 YPC.  And he caught passes better than the receivers did.  

Dude deserves the Hall.  Though since there's hardly any justice in this world I wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out because his stat totals aren't high enough.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

as a Chiefs fan that watched almost every game Priest and Jamaal played for KC I can say easily JC was clearly the better player.  Priest ran behind one of the better offensive lines oat with two hall of famers in Shields and Roaf, a hof coach in Vermiel and a good QB in Green.  

JC had pretty much the exact opposite and put up better numbers.  By all measures both were good teammates and people, especially compared to the "franchise back" the Chiefs had between the two.