Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/9/2021 at 10:50 PM, pacman said:

The guy makes something like $3 million dollars, to yell like a mindless idiot...dooshbag

That mindless idiot is a big reason why college basketball is as popular as it is today. I understand young people thinking like you do

but once upon a time, the hoops landscape was much different.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mitchell as well it looks like. What is policy if a player enters portal and no one picks them up?
Does UT have to take them back?
Wouldnt mind having Dele back for depth, but Juwan can flounder in portal limbo the rest of his natural life and I wont find a single fuck to give.

Pretty sure if either were coming back it would have happened before spring practice started, Sark made it clear they werent slowing down so stragglers could hop back onboard.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ousux said:

Wouldnt mind having Dele back for depth, but Juwan can flounder in portal limbo the rest of his natural life and I wont find a single fuck to give.

Pretty sure if either were coming back it would have happened before spring practice started, Sark made it clear they werent slowing down so stragglers could hop back onboard.

Dele Adeoye: 19 total tackles

Juwan Mitchell: 101 total tackles

Headcase-ness aside, Dele was muuuuuch worse at football

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dele Adeoye: 19 total tackles

Juwan Mitchell: 101 total tackles

Headcase-ness aside, Dele was muuuuuch worse at football

Can't we just claim that they both suck? I would hate to argue who sucks more. If we have to, let's just agree that none suck more than ou.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dele Adeoye: 19 total tackles
Juwan Mitchell: 101 total tackles
Headcase-ness aside, Dele was muuuuuch worse at football
Agreed, I'm aware of that..but always a chance he could get better with proper coaching, and Dele didn't get on the field often enough to rack up significant numbers.

I'm not losing any sleep over either of them being gone, just saying LB is the position we can least afford to lose anyone else who can play back there..portal or injury.
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Machinator said:

No amount of good coaching is going to suddenly give Adeoye above-average speed or agility.

I remember on Shaggy stating that the word was that he was the slowest non-lineman on the team after he showed up. It seems like there were various responses of the “he’s just a true freshman in his first summer here” ilk. Understandable, but sometimes you know you’ve made a bad evaluation early on with a personnel decision. And, you can’t coach-up a lack of speed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bevo said:

The university doesn't have to take them back but it should take them back. However, that is to the university. Under no circumstances would you be forced to allow them back on the team. In the case of Mitchell, it is very straightforward. If he isn't picked up and he wants to remain at UT, that is fine (although his grades probably wouldn't allow it) - Maybe the coach would help him find a loophole and go fake medical. Otherwise, he wouldn't be given a scholarship and wouldn't be allowed around the team because he is a cancer.

Animated GIF

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

They’ll find something, it just may not be what they originally had in mind. 

Exactly. The grass, it’s not always greener “over there”, but Life...it is the greatest educator.

And a random (or maybe not so random) thought about the whole portal thing...maybe it’s the NCAA’s way of leveling the playing field for both University and Athletes?  I don’t doubt for one second that there are coaches out there “pushing” athletes towards the portal, especially athletes they didn’t recruit. 
“Son, I want to shoot straight with you. We don’t see you getting significant play time here at ________.  As you know the NCAA allows you the opportunity to potentially find more play time via the portal.  Take a look at that kid from _______ who just landed at ______. The opportunity is there. You may want to explore it.  We’ll release you to any school you wish.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Someone needs to ask Riley about this so that he can get mad all over again and we can keep his butthurt buffoonery top of mind. 

 

 

Looks like Juwan Mitchell may be visiting Tennessee.

That feels right. They need bodies, he's experienced, and Heupel doesn't feel like the type to give two fucks about character concerns. Of course, whether he has the grades to go straight to another FBS school is it's own issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, texifornia said:

That feels right. They need bodies, he's experienced, and Heupel doesn't feel like the type to give two fucks about character concerns. Of course, whether he has the grades to go straight to another FBS school is it's own issue.

I thought academic excellence is Tennessee was having 2 pairs of shoes?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Have they said whether the staff considers him an ILB or edge? 

I think they've projected where they think he'll play, not where the staff thinks he'll play 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Which is edge right? Are Thornton, Davis, and the ND guy whose name I'm blanking on all going to play there?

Seems like it's going to be the competition throughout the summer, fall camp on the defensive side of the ball.  I'm hoping we can have a breakout season from one of those players or maybe even Prince Dorbah.. We need to get consistent pressure out of that position to have success

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Which is edge right? Are Thornton, Davis, and the ND guy whose name I'm blanking on all going to play there?

Right, but it's just guessing. Seems like there will be two edge players, which potentially is mostly a rotation between Thornton, Jones, and Davis, and then Ovie, Bush, and Dorbah backing them up. Maybe Broughton will split out to play with his hand in the ground at times if the opposing offense calls for it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 3:18 PM, texifornia said:

 

Per Farrell: https://n.rivals.com/news/the-rumor-mill-transfer-tracker-5

Quote

Let’s start with offensive lineman Jakari Robinson, who started 24 games at Cincinnati since his redshirt freshman season but lost his job last year to freshman Jake Renfro. However, Robinson was back at center for the Bearcats against Georgia in the Peach Bowl and held his own. While he recently committed to Arkansas State something has just changed that could impacted his commitment. The AAC just announced that they are allowing intra-conference transfers without players having to sit out a year and Memphis was also high on Robinson’s list. Could this very recent rule change lead to a new commitment? It very well could and this will be interesting to follow.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And from the same Rivals article as the Robinson nugget, this is a new name on our radar - Choate is following him on Twitter: https://247sports.com/player/devin-richardson-46042086/

Quote

Linebacker Devin Richardson is becoming popular. New Mexico State already had one transfer make the jump recently to a Power Five school when Jason Simmons signed with Syracuse, and Richardson may be the next. He already has options, with ULM, Texas State, Liberty, North Alabama and Eastern Kentucky offering, but Power Five schools who continue to stay in touch include Kansas State, Washington State and Texas.

 

Edited by texifornia
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, NTVTXN said:

Exactly. The grass, it’s not always greener “over there”, but Life...it is the greatest educator.

“Son, I want to shoot straight with you. We don’t see you getting significant play time here at ________.  As you know the NCAA allows you the opportunity to potentially find more play time via the portal.  Take a look at that kid from _______ who just landed at ______. The opportunity is there. You may want to explore it.  We’ll release you to any school you wish.” 

 

Was reminded of this ... 

 

The Far Side by Gary Larson | Far side cartoons, Fun comics, Calvin and  hobbes comics

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roachie
"When Steve Sarkisian was hired I mentioned the possibility of California WR Xavier Worthy could ask out of his letter of intent with Michigan but it sounded like things quieted down there.
Recently, I’ve heard that Worthy is toying around with entering the transfer portal. If he does, I expect Texas and Georgia to be heavily involved. I’ll have more tonight."

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Roachie
"When Steve Sarkisian was hired I mentioned the possibility of California WR Xavier Worthy could ask out of his letter of intent with Michigan but it sounded like things quieted down there.
Recently, I’ve heard that Worthy is toying around with entering the transfer portal. If he does, I expect Texas and Georgia to be heavily involved. I’ll have more tonight."

I mean, hooray a talented WR, but wow is this a clusterfuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia is having injury trouble in the WR room, and so they could probably sell him playing early

Texas can obviously sell Sark's offense, and Sark recruited him while at Bama, who might have finished second in that recruitment 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if he's a guy who would be ready to contribute immediately but he's fast as hell and WR is quickly becoming the offensive position group I'm most worried about in the short term so I hope the staff would be all over him. Clusterfuck is right.

The only guy that seems to consistently be showing out in practice so far is Whittington and we can't trust he'll stay on the field at this point. We've seen Moore play well in stretches and hopefully he stays away from drywall and guns. After that it's brutal. Omeire may be a player but that is based on last year's summer practices and he's not back 100% yet. Jake Smith is hurt, constantly on transfer watch, and may not even be any good regardless. We hope Dixon will emerge but he has 3 career catches. Maybe one of the freshmen can give us something but they are backup choices after the old staff went lame duck last year. 

We could be staring down the barrel of Kai Money being heavily involved unless we bring in some transfers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I don't know if he's a guy who would be ready to contribute immediately but he's fast as hell and WR is quickly becoming the offensive position group I'm most worried about in the short term so I hope the staff would be all over him. Clusterfuck is right.

The only guy that seems to consistently be showing out in practice so far is Whittington and we can't trust he'll stay on the field at this point. We've seen Moore play well in stretches and hopefully he stays away from drywall and guns. After that it's brutal. Omeire may be a player but that is based on last year's summer practices and he's not back 100% yet. Jake Smith is hurt, constantly on transfer watch, and may not even be any good regardless. We hope Dixon will emerge but he has 3 career catches. Maybe one of the freshmen can give us something but they are backup choices after the old staff went lame duck last year. 

We could be staring down the barrel of Kai Money being heavily involved unless we bring in some transfers.

Relying on guys to emerge from a smoking pile of training tape is a bad gamble, I agree. I do expect Alexis to get some run. You know the president of his high school class showed up prepared, and he has the speed to contribute. I just fully expect us to be without the entire projected first group at some point with Money, Woodard, and Kennedy Lewis logging meaningful snaps. Adding a WR through the portal is almost a necessity, and it's unlikely we'll see another candidate with the skills and eligibility of Worthy. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

I don't know if he's a guy who would be ready to contribute immediately but he's fast as hell and WR is quickly becoming the offensive position group I'm most worried about in the short term so I hope the staff would be all over him. Clusterfuck is right.

The only guy that seems to consistently be showing out in practice so far is Whittington and we can't trust he'll stay on the field at this point. We've seen Moore play well in stretches and hopefully he stays away from drywall and guns. After that it's brutal. Omeire may be a player but that is based on last year's summer practices and he's not back 100% yet. Jake Smith is hurt, constantly on transfer watch, and may not even be any good regardless. We hope Dixon will emerge but he has 3 career catches. Maybe one of the freshmen can give us something but they are backup choices after the old staff went lame duck last year. 

We could be staring down the barrel of Kai Money being heavily involved unless we bring in some transfers.

 

57 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Relying on guys to emerge from a smoking pile of training tape is a bad gamble, I agree. I do expect Alexis to get some run. You know the president of his high school class showed up prepared, and he has the speed to contribute. I just fully expect us to be without the entire projected first group at some point with Money, Woodard, and Kennedy Lewis logging meaningful snaps. Adding a WR through the portal is almost a necessity, and it's unlikely we'll see another candidate with the skills and eligibility of Worthy. 

Listen, what the fuck is wrong with you two? Conjuring evil into this world by uttering the notion of a return of meaningful minutes for Kai Money should have both of you suspended for a week and publicly shamed. 

Dixon is going to be a guy. We shouldn't have any doubt on that one. He can take the top off of the defense and he can catch. They were complete idiots for how they handled his PT last year. 

Kennedy Lewis is as likely to be a DEA officer, partnered up with Josh Moore and Chris Marshall busting things up at the border, as he is to be a meaningful part of UT's WR rotation at any point.

One note of caution about thinking someone who is president of something will therefore automatically show up somewhere prepared. I've been president of a lot of shit and the next time I show up prepared and not winging shit will be the first. I hope you're right though.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

 

Listen, what the fuck is wrong with you two? Conjuring evil into this world by uttering the notion of a return of meaningful minutes for Kai Money should have both of you suspended for a week and publicly shamed. 

Dixon is going to be a guy. We shouldn't have any doubt on that one. He can take the top off of the defense and he can catch. They were complete idiots for how they handled his PT last year. 

Kennedy Lewis is as likely to be a DEA officer, partnered up with Josh Moore and Chris Marshall busting things up at the border, as he is to be a meaningful part of UT's WR rotation at any point.

One note of caution about thinking someone who is president of something will therefore automatically show up somewhere prepared. I've been president of a lot of shit and the next time I show up prepared and not winging shit will be the first. I hope you're right though.

Hell Herman and co nearly hand delivered Dixon to Fucking Arkansas 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Bevo said:

The university doesn't have to take them back but it should take them back. However, that is to the university. Under no circumstances would you be forced to allow them back on the team. In the case of Mitchell, it is very straightforward. If he isn't picked up and he wants to remain at UT, that is fine (although his grades probably wouldn't allow it) - Maybe the coach would help him find a loophole and go fake medical. Otherwise, he wouldn't be given a scholarship and wouldn't be allowed around the team because he is a cancer.

 Nope -- With this being Sark's first year, anyone who portal's should not be allowed to return...  🤘

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...