dcbc

These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

We use something similar for our band and acoustic stuff. My take is they are all pretty similar except for QSC which are really top notch.

9 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

We use something similar for our band and acoustic stuff. My take is they are all pretty similar except for QSC which are really top notch.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Which amp is that? I have a vintage Princeton Reverb for cleans but for dirt I’d like to pair it with something else. Maybe an Orange. I don’t really play metal. Classic rock/blues/country is where I am.

In that case, I’d get some kind of Marshall.  My personal fave is that 18 Watt model.  But that’s really only available as a clone.  

Or you could go with a class A low wattage amp, of the Fender tweed variety.  There are a lot of reasonably priced boutique options for those.

Edited by BrickHorn

Not sure if this is the right thread, but anyone got any experience with JBL IRX-112BT powered PA speakers?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IRX112BT--jbl-irx-112bt-powered-12-inch-portable-speaker-with-bluetooth

Edit:  Or maybe the similar 10" or 15" versions?

I looked at those and the EV. Couldn't pull the trigger on the QSC but will some day. Went with the EVs over the JBLs. Just liked the sound a little better over the JBL. But it was close.

Just now, hullabelew said:
1 hour ago, Goredho said:
Not sure if this is the right thread, but anyone got any experience with JBL IRX-112BT powered PA speakers?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IRX112BT--jbl-irx-112bt-powered-12-inch-portable-speaker-with-bluetooth

Edit:  Or maybe the similar 10" or 15" versions?

I looked at those and the EV. Couldn't pull the trigger on the QSC bit will some day. Went with the EVs over the JBLs. Just liked the sound a little better over the JBL. But it was close.

Thanks.

In that case, I’d get some kind of Marshall.  My personal fave is that 18 Watt model.  But that’s really only available as a clone.  
Or you could go with a class A low wattage amp, of the Fender tweed variety.  There are a lot of reasonably priced boutique options for those.

Or just stick a good MIB pedal in front of the clean amp.

Or just stick a good MIB pedal in front of the clean amp.

Yeah but then I’d be looking for a pedal. And that’s worthy, but another thread.