Iran

Caracara

15 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Reports that Syria has scrambled Mig-29s to engage Israel’s F-16s. Is this shit even on the news?

Tons of disinformation operations on social media when shit like this goes down. 

The non-coverage is what happens when journalists get crucified for not getting the facts right in these situations.  It’s best to wait to let the dust settle to determine what actually went down.

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't know anything about this twitter handle but the last hour of tweets is incredible.

@AlSuraEnglish: #BREAKING - #Syrian Air Defenses have received #Russian anti-air missile supplies to replenish local stocks.  Engagement of #Israeli cruise missiles to this moment.

Proxy war in plain site

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

I was responding to some retards post that we don't need to inspect the facilities, because "heavy water."

Listen jackass, the sites they won't allow the UN to inspect are military bases.  The point about heavy water, which contrary to your statement, they do have, is that they'd need to get a shitload of heavy water to the base if they wanted to enrich uranium there.  So whether they wanted to use heavy water like they were going to at Arak (which is now filled in with concrete because Obama), or graphite, they'd need a shit-ton of it, so you wouldn't need to be inside the walls to know something was going on.  Not to mention the yellow cake...inspectors are monitoring the mining and milling of uranium.  I tend to think they's notice if any went missing.

Do you think the US would want Iran snooping around our military bases if the situation were reversed?  Probably, no.  Which is why it's just another made-up concern to rile the base.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

@AlSuraEnglish: #BREAKING - #Syrian Air Defenses have received #Russian anti-air missile supplies to replenish local stocks.  Engagement of #Israeli cruise missiles to this moment.

Proxy war in plain site

Isn't bibi in moscow right now?

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Listen jackass, the sites they won't allow the UN to inspect are military bases.  The point about heavy water, which contrary to your statement, they do have, is that they'd need to get a shitload of heavy water to the base if they wanted to enrich uranium there.  So whether they wanted to use heavy water like they were going to at Arak (which is now filled in with concrete because Obama), or graphite, they'd need a shit-ton of it, so you wouldn't need to be inside the walls to know something was going on.  Not to mention the yellow cake...inspectors are monitoring the mining and milling of uranium.  I tend to think they's notice if any went missing.

Do you think the US would want Iran snooping around our military bases if the situation were reversed?  Probably, no.  Which is why it's just another made-up concern to rile the base.

You are confusing different processes. 

They have two heavy-water reactors.  One is being converted, one is still operational.  Heavy-water reactors use natural uranium to produce energy.  The concern with heavy-water reactors is that you can extract weapons-grade plutonium from the spent fuel.

The two enrichment facilities of concern in Iran are uranium centrifuge facilities.  They are both 100% underground and were meant to be hid from U.N. inspectors until the local media and our IC blew their cover.  They don't use heavy-water or graphite because they aren't reactors.  They convert natural uranium into 3% (LEU) and 20% uranium that can be used in modern reactors.  If you do enough runs through a centrifuge, you'll eventually have weapons-grade uranium.  It's not as efficient as a cascade designed to produce weapons grade, but it'll eventually happen.  They do have at least one other enrichment facility that is integrated into a reactor.  For whatever reason, it wasn't a concern of The Deal.

Those are the ones we know about.  We also know that they were researching nuclear weaponry as recently as 2009 and that they are currently doing ballistic missile testing in defiance of the UNSC.

Edited by JBJ

41 minutes ago, JBJ said:

You are confusing different processes. 

They have two heavy-water reactors.  One is being converted, one is still operational.  Heavy-water reactors use natural uranium to produce energy.  The concern with heavy-water reactors is that you can extract weapons-grade plutonium from the spent fuel.

The two enrichment facilities of concern in Iran are uranium centrifuge facilities.  They are both 100% underground and were meant to be hid from U.N. inspectors until the local media and our IC blew their cover.  They don't use heavy-water or graphite because they aren't reactors.  They convert natural uranium into 3% (LEU) and 20% uranium that can be used in modern reactors.  If you do enough runs through a centrifuge, you'll eventually have weapons-grade uranium.  It's not as efficient as a cascade designed to produce weapons grade, but it'll eventually happen.  They do have at least one other enrichment facility that is integrated into a reactor.  For whatever reason, it wasn't a concern of The Deal.

Those are the ones we know about.  We also know that they were researching nuclear weaponry as recently as 2009 and that they are currently doing ballistic missile testing in defiance of the UNSC.

I'm not sure what secret sites you're talking about, but the deal grants UN inspectors access to both the Fordow and Natanz facilities.

Edited by DixonHur

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm not sure what secret sites you're talking about, but the deal grants UN inspectors access to both the Fordow and Natanz facilities.

Well, yeah, we exposed Fordow and Natanz was exposed by anti-government Iranian media.  They were secret sites until they got exposed.

Edited by JBJ

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

Such paltry sums. Boeing just lost out on $20 billion. Trade between Europe and Iran is almost as negligible as it is between the US and Iran. I can guarantee you the loss of those "deals" is not the driving force behind their opposition to Trump pulling out of the agreement, and I can also guarantee who will be the ultimate beneficiary of renewed sanctions: Putin & China. Both will be more than happy to fill any gaps.

You're talking to dolemite. He, and most other Trumpists, think this is 1950. He doesn't realize that the EU had a higher GDP than the USA already, and that Trump has only worked to unify them against us. Trump, and Dolemite, don't understand that Airbus will jump right in because they simply don't believe that a European company like Airbus could ever possibly compete with an American one. 

Most of these stupid motherfuckers, Trump included, think we are dealing with post WW2 China and Europe. Instead, both have come a long fucking way.  They're fucking laughing at us, and rightfully so. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JBJ said:

Well, yeah, we exposed Fordow and Natanz was exposed by anti-government Iranian media.  They were secret sites until they got exposed.

But they were exposed before the deal.  You're claim was that the deal was bad because the UN inspectors didn't have access to these "secret sites", but that's not true.  

The only areas off limits for unfettered access are military bases, which seems pretty logical from the Iranian perspective.  

But under the deal, we're able to monitor the supplies of heavy water, yellow cake, and enriched uranium, which would make it inpossible for them to make weapons grade material on the bases.  Now if the deal goes away, so does the ability to monitor those activities.  

There's a reason that the military, the intelligence community, and all our allies (aside from Israel) wanted the US to stay in the deal.  Now our best hope is for the rest of the world to defy the US sanctions.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

But they were exposed before the deal.  You're claim was that the deal was bad because the UN inspectors didn't have access to these "secret sites", but that's not true.  

The only areas off limits for unfettered access are military bases, which seems pretty logical from the Iranian perspective.  

But under the deal, we're able to monitor the supplies of heavy water, yellow cake, and enriched uranium, which would make it inpossible for them to make weapons grade material on the bases.  Now if the deal goes away, so does the ability to monitor those activities.  

There's a reason that the military, the intelligence community, and all our allies (aside from Israel) wanted the US to stay in the deal.  Now our best hope is for the rest of the world to defy the US sanctions.

I'm saying the UN and UNSC already had a deal with them.  They were secretly building these plants and enriching uranium under those deals.  Heck, they even had a nuclear weapons program.

The new deal allows them to do the same thing.  Move or build a couple centrifuges and nothing has changed.  Odds are good they have another site already in the works.

And we know that they're still violating UN-SC restrictions with respect to the ballistic missile program. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Or they can tell us to fuck off because they’re not going to enter into an agreement impacting such a vital security interest with a country that doesn’t honor its agreements.

This is my concern, dude.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

I'm saying the UN and UNSC already had a deal with them.  They were secretly building these plants and enriching uranium under those deals.  Heck, they even had a nuclear weapons program.

I'm not sure what "deal" you're referring to, but under their deal with the IAEA, Iran was under no obligation to disclose the development of nuke facilities until 6 months before any nuclear material was introduced. 

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

The new deal allows them to do the same thing.  Move or build a couple centrifuges and nothing has changed.  Odds are good they have another site already in the works.

There were strict controls in the deal about how many centrifuges they were allowed to have, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.  And so what if they already have another facility "in the works"...it's hard to enrich uranium, without uranium and the IAEA was keeping tabs on all that...if the deal goes away, so does our ability to monitor.

Basically it sounds like your argument is that Iran can't be trusted to adhere to the deal.  But by all accounts, they were and it ended up being the US that couldn't be trusted.

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Basically it sounds like your argument is that Iran can't be trusted to adhere to the deal.  But by all accounts, they were and it ended up being the US that couldn't be trusted.

And, it is a problem which would be there for any deal.  The flaw in any deal is that one side might not live up to it.  This time it was us.  So the only solution the warhawks have is regime change.  That "plan" comes in two forms: fantasy or bloody.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but has the US ever had a successful regime change, that didn't end up coming back to bite us in the ass?

South Korea 

Japan

Germany

off the top of my head

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 hours ago, simplicity said:

Just what my generation needs, another war.

Sorry for being flip in my response to this, Simplicity.   war is a racket. it sucks and innocent people die. 

on 2nd and 3rd look i think trump shouldn't have torn up the deal.  should have exposed and extracted the pork from it, but this is israel and trump's "handlers" (as hugo put it) working to start a fucking war.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

South Korea 

Japan

Germany

off the top of my head

I don't think either Germany or Japan count, since they began the war.  I'm talking about pre-emptive regime change.

What did we do in South Korea?  I was under the impression we've been allies since the get go.

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What did we do in South Korea?  I was under the impression we've been allies since the get go.

Uh, we pretty much set up their government and defended it from the Soviets.

Despite the initial plan of a unified Korea in the 1943 Cairo Declaration, escalating Cold War antagonism between the Soviet Union and the United States eventually led to the establishment of separate governments, each with its own ideology, leading to the division of Korea into two political entities in 1948: North Korea and South Korea.

In the South, Syngman Rhee, an opponent of communism, who had been backed and appointed by the United States as head of the provisional government, won the first presidential elections of the newly declared Republic of Korea in May. In the North, a former anti-Japanese guerrilla and communist activist, Kim Il-sung was appointed premier of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea in September.

In October the Soviet Union declared Kim Il-sung's government as sovereign over both parts. The UN declared Rhee's government as "a lawful government having effective control and jurisdiction over that part of Korea where the UN Temporary Commission on Korea was able to observe and consult" and the Government "based on elections which was observed by the Temporary Commission" in addition to a statement that "this is the only such government in Korea."[16] 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't think either Germany or Japan count, since they began the war.  I'm talking about pre-emptive regime change.

Getting rid of Allende in favor of Pinochet in Chile worked out quite well. They stayed firmly in the US sphere and their economy blossomed into what is now one of the richest counties in South America.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

5 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Who was the emperor before WW2? Who was emperor after and I believe not even charged with war crimes? I'll hang up and listen.

Leaving him in place  helped to stabilize the country and maintain law and order  Next up, our German rocket scientists were better than the Russians German rocket scientists.

11 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

What generation were we not at war?

Non, but that wasn't my point. I'm not complaining about war, I'm complaining about the amount of them we're being forced to fight. We're still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, there's nor reason to add Iran to the plate too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caracara said:

Sorry for being flip in my response to this, Simplicity.   war is a racket. it sucks and innocent people die. 

on 2nd and 3rd look i think trump shouldn't have torn up the deal.  should have exposed and extracted the pork from it, but this is israel and trump's "handlers" (as hugo put it) working to start a fucking war.

Thank you for reflecting and letting us know you've changed your opinion on this situation. Seriously. 

I have watched this 3 times. This is the third time that I have posted this video on this site. For those who are seriously interested in the middle east please watch this all the way through and see how relevant this is in retrospect, considering the changes in Saudi Arabia, and the annulment of the Iranian deal.

Iran is coming down and peace is coming to the middle east, much quicker than most can imagine.