Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Yikes. Might have been a bad idea for Sark to go after so many Bama assistants. Considering we aren't even in their conference, seems a little strange though if that pushes guys to LSU or Aggy.

Two things. 1):

image.gif.fc72d0ffd97ff3da541fdb50eff0e091.gif

2. hey man have you heard anything about arch   Manning visiting this weekend!?!?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Mad respect for the background track

Initially thought he was repping USSR at top of his graphic. Anyways, this kid should come to UT

42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This guy might be a shape shifter. Looks  different every pic I see of him

Mike at Night: Commitment coming for Texas?

Spoiler

— As I reported this morning, Phoenix (Az.) Brophy Prep defensive lineman Zac Swanson started his visit a bit early. He will stay through the spring game before going back to Arizona. I already have my pick on Texas for this one, and it wouldn't surprise me to see this weekend seal the deal for Texas. There's some chatter out west that this is the final step in checking all of the boxes and making his decision.

— Kyle Flood has been at it trying to land some offensive linemen in this class. In talking to a source near five-star offensive guard Devon Campbell, I was told that Flood has been able to make a big impact on the family. Campbell is trying to make it to Austin for the spring game tomorrow, but he could probably run into some issues finding a ride. Texas also had a Zoom call with four-star offensive tackle Jacob Sexton today. The Oklahoma native can probably be described as a Sooner lean at the moment, but I was told he will give each school on his top list a fair chance. Flood also spoke with Kam Dewberry today. The four-star Atascocita prospect is celebrating his birthday today. All in all, the contact from the offensive line coach has been night and day from what it was last year.

— LSU made an impressive off-field hire with the acquisition of former Mississippi State recruiting assistant Mason Smith. That hire helped LSU grab five-star safety Jacoby Mathews out of nowhere today, and it could affect Texas a little more. Smith has some ties to Texas that helped the Bulldogs land Teddy Knox last year. He also had Mississippi State sitting pretty for Martrell Harris. From talking to Louisiana prospects like Shazz Preston, Smith has been a constant name. This should help solidify things for LSU and Preston moving forward as LSU looks to lock down state borders.

15 hours ago, Machinator said:

Mike at Night: Commitment coming for Texas?

Reveal hidden contents

— As I reported this morning, Phoenix (Az.) Brophy Prep defensive lineman Zac Swanson started his visit a bit early. He will stay through the spring game before going back to Arizona. I already have my pick on Texas for this one, and it wouldn't surprise me to see this weekend seal the deal for Texas. There's some chatter out west that this is the final step in checking all of the boxes and making his decision.

— Kyle Flood has been at it trying to land some offensive linemen in this class. In talking to a source near five-star offensive guard Devon Campbell, I was told that Flood has been able to make a big impact on the family. Campbell is trying to make it to Austin for the spring game tomorrow, but he could probably run into some issues finding a ride. Texas also had a Zoom call with four-star offensive tackle Jacob Sexton today. The Oklahoma native can probably be described as a Sooner lean at the moment, but I was told he will give each school on his top list a fair chance. Flood also spoke with Kam Dewberry today. The four-star Atascocita prospect is celebrating his birthday today. All in all, the contact from the offensive line coach has been night and day from what it was last year.

— LSU made an impressive off-field hire with the acquisition of former Mississippi State recruiting assistant Mason Smith. That hire helped LSU grab five-star safety Jacoby Mathews out of nowhere today, and it could affect Texas a little more. Smith has some ties to Texas that helped the Bulldogs land Teddy Knox last year. He also had Mississippi State sitting pretty for Martrell Harris. From talking to Louisiana prospects like Shazz Preston, Smith has been a constant name. This should help solidify things for LSU and Preston moving forward as LSU looks to lock down state borders.

Campbell "could probably" run into some issues finding a ride. First, great english. Second, /eyeroll

STEVE WILTFONG:  Inside Top247 CB Terrance Brooks top five schools

Spoiler

Inside Top247 CB Terrance Brooks top five schools
STEVE WILTFONG

Plano (Texas) John Paul II Top247 cornerback Terrance Brooks dropped his top five schools Friday afternoon.

The programs the blue-chipper is focused on moving forward are “Texas, Texas A&M, Oregon, Florida and Alabama.”

Tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country’s No. 10 receiver and No. 83 prospect overall, Brooks has official visits scheduled as well beginning with the Ducks on June 4, the Gators on June 11, the Longhorns on June 18 and the Crimson Tide on June 25. He’s looking at a mid-week stop to see the Aggies on June 22.

“I feel most comfortable with these schools,” Brooks said, adding he’s targeting a summer decision. “I feel most comfortable with the coaches and I like the scheme and how I’m going to fit into their defense.”

Williams talked about each program.

Regarding the Crimson Tide: “I love Bama. I love how they’re moving with going to the National Championship and winning it all and saying we could do it again.”

Regarding the Gators: “I like Dan Mullen and the culture of the team and how he holds everybody accountable.”

Regarding the Ducks: “I like Coach (Rod) Chance. He’s a nerd of the game. He really knows what he’s talking about and I like how comfortable I am knowing he’s going to develop me.”

Regarding the Longhorns: “I like Coach (Steve) Sark(isian) and Coach (Terry) Joseph. I think they’re building the team for Texas.”

Regarding the Aggies: “I like what Coach (TJ) Rushing is doing and how he showed me I’m going to fit in their defensive scheme and how how Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is really improving the defense for them. They went up in the rankings and how they’re really dominating and I like how he’s emphasizing their dominance on defense.”

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I love Bama.

I like Dan Mullen

I like Coach (Rod) Chance.

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I like Coach (Steve) Sark(isian)

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I like what Coach (TJ) Rushing

Smh looks like Saban got another one

• Rage+1 1

Mike Roach:  Quick recruiting notes from the spring game

Spoiler

Quick recruiting notes from the spring game

Mike Roach

Maalik Murphy was all smiles. He really was blown away by the experience and doing some serious recruiting. He’s looking forward to coming back in the summer and said he’s afraid he won’t want to go back to Cali. He was the most popular guy in the stands taking pictures with multiple kids and fans and loving every second of it. Personality wise, he’s a perfect fit for the pressure of the position.

Denver Harris isn’t talking to media until after he makes a decision. He’s remaining pretty low key on that front but I think Texas still sits in a pretty good position. Someone close to Harris told me he would be surprised if Denver didn’t take a Texas OV and he reiterated how much Harris loves Austin. I like where Texas is at the moment.

Johntay Cook enjoyed his time there and said he saw a good fit and some opportunity for playing time. He also met Maalik Murphy and talked with him for a bit. His parents also enjoyed the trip. He will be back in the summer.

I ran into Zac Swanson for a moment who looked like he was having a great time. He stopped briefly to chat with Murphy as well and I feel great about where things stand there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this recruitment end in the next few weeks.

• Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting