Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, it moved. 

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I read this recruiting board daily, so I see it all. But have made like four posts the past week and this is the first one about Ewers. This past week I was more concerned about the 20 separate tweets inserted on the Casey Thompson thread about him wanting to be number 11. Also think I posted on here about Athens, GA. But yah, the nation's top QB in this class moves my needle. 

These two posts back to back seems unfortunate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone here, brighter than you obviously, is going to have to explain to me how someone who's been posting a fuck ton on a message board telling another poster who regularly posts on a message board that they have no life for posting on a message board makes any sense and is insulting. Yeah, I post and read this forum regularly, You got me! 

I don't know if you've noticed, buddy, but lots of people attempting to engage you in a friendly debate, and you dismissed them and continued to argue in the face of fact. And then when confronted with facts, you got pissy and accused them of being a meanie. So the question of what someone is getting out of this is as germane to you as it is to me. If you're not actually here to learn something, only to shout your opinions, what the fuck are you doing here? 

I know what I'm doing here. I'm reading and learning and engaging with what, for the most part, is probably the smartest sports section of this board. And if someone stumbles in and spouting stupid shit, well, I point at laugh at stupid shit. I do enjoy the idea of being considered an Old Timer, however. I guess now that I'm 40 that's going become more and more common. I also love the idea that I attack people here because I can't do it in real life. Another nice projection. Conflict isn't something I shy away from here or elsewhere. But I'm sure you'll just continue to assume I'm a 5'4", 230 lb loser who's never been laid and lives with my parents still. I suppose that's a safe thought for you. 

Mike Gundy GIFs | Tenor

So Denver Harris just updated his OV schedule (per his mom in an interview with Fong)

“We have A&M the first weekend of June,” she said. “The second weekend is LSU. The third weekend is UT. Alabama they wanted to be last. They requested that.”

• Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

So Denver Harris just updated his OV schedule (per his mom in an interview with Fong)

“We have A&M the first weekend of June,” she said. “The second weekend is LSU. The third weekend is UT. Alabama they wanted to be last. They requested that.”

Fuck Saban

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

office space slow turn GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I guess I'm gonna sound a little (or full) satya here, but I have a bad feeling Harris ends up at Bama' and Brooks succumbs to the aggy legacy aspect in the end like Foster and goes to them.

Nah they're gonna go fuck themselves. That's all Bama is going to do in this recruitment.

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

why didn’t we request to be last?

IT

Spoiler

DL David Oke, Alief Hastings (2022)

One of UT's targets they're watching and further evaluating is the three-star defensive lineman from Hastings high school, David Oke.

At 6-foot-3, 235 pounds, Oke holds six offers including Utah State, UH, Nevada, New Mexico, and North Texas, and was at DKR on Saturday evening for the Orange-White game.

"The Texas spring game was the most wildest game I ever been to," said Oke, who is just becoming familiar with the recruiting process. "From the fan love, to the size of the stadium, to the players and their passion for the game, I got to get some gear and even a player's glove. Overall, I love UT's fan love because as they say, 'Don't mess with Texas'. They support their team, and I love that type of environment.”

As for offseason goals, Oke is very team-oriented, with a side of personal intentions.

"My expectations are to break records, and I want to grow as a team leader and add more moves to my game," said Oke. "The recruiting process has been fun. I love the experience and getting to know campuses and football together. The schools that have reached out the most are LSU, UT, Washington State, and Kansas State."

LB Kip Lewis, Carthage (2022):

Kip Lewis knows where he's going to play college football.

He tweeted an upcoming announcement on Monday evening.

Sources tell IT that it'll be a commitment on "Friday or Saturday".

Texas joined OU, LSU, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and others with offers for the 6-foot-2, 200-pound composite four-star, who recently tripped to Norman for OU's spring game. He's been to Austin and College Station for student visits, and has been hesitant in scheduling official visits recently.

Right now, Lewis knows where he's headed and I don't think it's UT.

Gerry

Spoiler

BTW, been to spring practices at Summer Creek and Atascocita today.

Texas remains in a very good spot for Banks. As IT reported in the humidor ... Texas staff has done a terrific job with the "champion" in this recruitment.

Kam Dewberry has Texas in the top 5, but is unlikely to make OV as of now. Dewberry said Texas is the place he has been the most, but will come for UOV's if he doesn't make an OV.

LSU likely to get June 4-6 OV, and Texas A&M (June 18-20) and Ohio State (June 25-27) are locked in. Alabama and OU likely get OV's during the season.

4 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

SkL523J.jpg

SIAP: Denver Harris on Shadrach Bank's twitter: NO gigem on my momma.  

Guess the bodes well for us.

It's almost like straight up lying to a popular, charismatic lifelong fan of your school from a talent factory high school was a bad idea.

If Craig hadn't buttfucked that WR room so badly, Jimbo could have at least handed him to Elko for a spring just to let him have a shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's almost like straight up lying to a popular, charismatic lifelong fan of your school from a talent factory high school was a bad idea.

If Craig hadn't buttfucked that WR room so badly, Jimbo could have at least handed him to Elko for a spring just to let him have a shot.

The concept of telling a guy he can’t play LB and has to play WR is so freaking weird to me. Texas WRs are a dime a dozen. Quality LBs are rare. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This guy is #237 in the nation on 247, but has a mid-3* composite average due to Rivals having him at 5.5, the lowest 3* ranking they give out.  He's a mid-to-high 3* on ESPN.

Rivals knows jackfuck about anything. It's one step above Looch's rankings in credibility 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bama' board saying Domani Jackson will visit them.

Also saw that Brennan Thompson is taking an OV to them.

I am interested to see how buttchin does with in person recruiting. He's not a guy that is going to be a great recruiter, though Saban does the heavy lifting. Saban better push for early commitments on offense because I don't see O'Brien's system looking great next year with the staff turnover and the loss of all those weapons.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Gerry

Hide contents

BTW, been to spring practices at Summer Creek and Atascocita today.

Texas remains in a very good spot for Banks. As IT reported in the humidor ... Texas staff has done a terrific job with the "champion" in this recruitment.

Kam Dewberry has Texas in the top 5, but is unlikely to make OV as of now. Dewberry said Texas is the place he has been the most, but will come for UOV's if he doesn't make an OV.

LSU likely to get June 4-6 OV, and Texas A&M (June 18-20) and Ohio State (June 25-27) are locked in. Alabama and OU likely get OV's during the season.

Hmmm wonder why we don’t get an OV?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting