Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Burbs for now. Near Rittenhouse before. Not sure where next. 

I'd love to move to the PA 'burbs (Paoli, Media, Swarthmore, etc) but the gf insists on staying put in town, except not in South Philly but West Philly (more green, more space, still city, still super-easy commute, and better neighborhood)

• Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The last few pages of this thread had AIDS. Not even the good kind you get from a slutty party girl at Mardis Gras, either. I’m talking about the sharing heroin needles in a dark alley off Skid Row kind of AIDS. 

You must be doing the wrong heroin. Who is your heroin guy? 

16 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Yeah. Pop on here. See 3 pages of new content. I'm like, yeah. after a commit and a transfer,  that knocked some shit loose, and the recruiting board is back on track.

But no. Surly is gonna Surly. This is why I drink. everybody hurts. 

Give it an hour or so...we’ll get back around, dare I say, in a perfect circle, to being able to talk about the passion of recruiting.  And we’ll all be with all the right friends who are shiny happy people.

Until then, let’s rename the Defense...I vote “Orange Crush”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, just because I took the damp towel that is this thread and wiped it repeatedly between by butt cheeks for the afternoon is no reason to threaten horrible, terrible, heinous shit. That's just mean, man. Some things are over the line. 

While you clearly Mangino'd this thread, at least you had the self awareness to recognize it. Congrats?

IT on Robertson

Spoiler

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake (2022):

After garnering back-to-back 6A D1 state championships, the 6-foot-4, 295-pound three-star knows what are high expectations for the Chaparrals.

"Main goal; do it again," said Robertson. "Ever since January 17th when we won, it's now the expectation across the community. With coach Dodge, it's 100% expected.

On the recruiting side, Robertson approaches the process very quiet and politely.

"At this point, most of the schools are still being considered," said the diplomatic offensive guard. "I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about the schools. Obviously Texas being so close, like 15 minutes away, and the connections with Westlake definitely favors UT. Really just thankful to be in this opportunity and situation, something I never really envisioned."

Robertson took in the spring game on Saturday and loved it.

"(DKR renovations) look great and the spring game was awesome," Robertson said. "I love the coaching staff at Texas. Coach Flood is very highly-thought of in the college football world. And with coach Sark and those guys coming from such a great program (Alabama), that definitely stands out to me. It's also a lot easier to see, where I don't have to take a plane to see them. That's appealing, really. My father attended Texas, so he shares his two cents. (UT) is a great school and I'll always love them."

He's seen campuses on the east and west coast, with USC and Stanford catching his eye.

"I'm grateful because some of those schools are really good academically," said Robertson. "That means a lot to me and my family. I do have four visits setup, including Texas on June 18th-20th. I've taken a few student visits throughout the last couple months. For June, it's just those official visits. I won't put out a top schools list. I'll contact each and let them know where they stand. I think that's the most respectful way to do it."

I can see a decision this summer, after he takes his official visits. He ends with more praise of the Texas staff.

"I do think what coach Sark and coach Flood are doing will be great here in Austin," said Robertson. "It'll be fun to see."

I see this as a Texas-Stanford battle. Don't get PTSD just yet.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

IT on Robertson

Reveal hidden contents

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake (2022):

After garnering back-to-back 6A D1 state championships, the 6-foot-4, 295-pound three-star knows what are high expectations for the Chaparrals.

"Main goal; do it again," said Robertson. "Ever since January 17th when we won, it's now the expectation across the community. With coach Dodge, it's 100% expected.

On the recruiting side, Robertson approaches the process very quiet and politely.

"At this point, most of the schools are still being considered," said the diplomatic offensive guard. "I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about the schools. Obviously Texas being so close, like 15 minutes away, and the connections with Westlake definitely favors UT. Really just thankful to be in this opportunity and situation, something I never really envisioned."

Robertson took in the spring game on Saturday and loved it.

"(DKR renovations) look great and the spring game was awesome," Robertson said. "I love the coaching staff at Texas. Coach Flood is very highly-thought of in the college football world. And with coach Sark and those guys coming from such a great program (Alabama), that definitely stands out to me. It's also a lot easier to see, where I don't have to take a plane to see them. That's appealing, really. My father attended Texas, so he shares his two cents. (UT) is a great school and I'll always love them."

He's seen campuses on the east and west coast, with USC and Stanford catching his eye.

"I'm grateful because some of those schools are really good academically," said Robertson. "That means a lot to me and my family. I do have four visits setup, including Texas on June 18th-20th. I've taken a few student visits throughout the last couple months. For June, it's just those official visits. I won't put out a top schools list. I'll contact each and let them know where they stand. I think that's the most respectful way to do it."

I can see a decision this summer, after he takes his official visits. He ends with more praise of the Texas staff.

"I do think what coach Sark and coach Flood are doing will be great here in Austin," said Robertson. "It'll be fun to see."

I see this as a Texas-Stanford battle. Don't get PTSD just yet.

How does this kid measure up to our other targets? Mid 3 star guard that's racked up a solid offer list. My stargazing has me feeling indifferent versus the guys we've lost to those fuckers in the past. Admittedly, I haven't watched.the.tape and have trouble judging high school OL.

Regardless, if he commits to them and I decide to meltdown anyway and start talking shit on Stanford, Palo Alto, their stupid mascot, etc. I don't want to hear a peep from @texifornia. You're just going to sit there and nod in silent agreement with me regardless of what I say.

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

How does this kid measure up to our other targets? Mid 3 star guard that's racked up a solid offer list. My stargazing has me feeling indifferent versus the guys we've lost to those fuckers in the past. Admittedly, I haven't watched.the.tape and have trouble judging high school OL.

Regardless, if he commits to them and I decide to meltdown anyway and start talking shit on Stanford, Palo Alto, their stupid mascot, etc. I don't want to hear a peep from @texifornia. You're just going to sit there and nod in silent agreement with me regardless of what I say.

@texifornia will be listening to a Justin Bieber fan podcast I’m sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

If we beat Stanford in a head to head recruiting battle for an offensive lineman, I will eat a McRib. 

Speaking of OL, whatever happened to that Center who's mom forced him to Stanford. Obviously their last great OL class was a bust, with neither 5 star living up to their expectations.

Nick Harris on Perkins

Spoiler

- I made a stop this morning at Cypress Park to check in with five-star linebacker Harold Perkins and I spent most of the afternoon catching up with multiple sources close to him to get a firm grasp on where his recruitment sits as of today. Before we dive into it, it's important to remember that this one will play out into January when he plans to commit at the Under Armour All-American Game. I say that because as it sits today, I see Texas on the outside looking in.

While Perkins has official visits scheduled to USC, Oregon and Florida, I fully expect Perkins to stay close to home and pick between Texas A&M, LSU, Texas and TCU. Perkins' other two official visits are Texas A&M and an undecided fifth. He said that he wants to play in a 4-2-5 defense and wants to play in a place that can develop him for the league. His summer schedule right now sits like this: June 4-6 Texas A&M, June 11-13 Under Armour Future 50 camp in Orlando, June 18-20 unofficial visit to either Oklahoma or Texas. In talking to sources, there is not a firm leader in this recruitment, but one school that is making some serious noise that may surprise some people is TCU. Perkins went on a self-guided tour to Fort Worth last month and liked everything about the trip. It blew the family away and has put Gary Patterson's squad in a serious contending spot. This one will play out after Perkins gets out on his visits this summer, so if Texas can secure him for the big June 18-20 weekend, they may be able to make their way back into a contending spot.

You finance/econ/accounting dorks could at least put your skills to good use and give us a breakdown of bagman dynamics.
Yes, but we'd have to write papers and shit on game theory, angle for peer review with a leading journal, like Econometrica, then wait for our Nobel prizes and dumb it down while sipping boba with the plebes.

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Nick Harris on Perkins

Hide contents

- I made a stop this morning at Cypress Park to check in with five-star linebacker Harold Perkins and I spent most of the afternoon catching up with multiple sources close to him to get a firm grasp on where his recruitment sits as of today. Before we dive into it, it's important to remember that this one will play out into January when he plans to commit at the Under Armour All-American Game. I say that because as it sits today, I see Texas on the outside looking in.

angry soap opera GIF by General Hospital

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The piano loop in ‘night swimming’ is pretty dope. But otherwise REM kinda sucks.

I take it y'all aren't shiny happy people holding hands.  What's the frequency Kenneth is pretty good as was some song about trees that I can no longer remember, or I think it was.  Won't speak on Abba or Whitney but NWA, Naughty By Nature and Public Enemy crossed over to every segment of society.  And Johnny is still a boss.  

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting