Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Roach on Denver Harris

Spoiler

— I did a bit more digging on five-star cornerback Denver Harris. As Steve Wiltfong reported, Harris will take a visit to Austin in June. That's also what we've been told by a source near the elite corner. Any talk of leaders is premature at this point as each school in his Top 4 stands out right now. I can say that the trip to Austin went very well and Harris is being pursued by Terry Joseph and Jeff Banks along with Steve Sarkisian. That alone shows where the Longhorns value him on the board and how important they view him. I was also told his family likes Austin and the idea of him staying close to home. Texas will have the chance to separate from the others on the official visit this summer.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Roach on Denver Harris

Reveal hidden contents

— I did a bit more digging on five-star cornerback Denver Harris. As Steve Wiltfong reported, Harris will take a visit to Austin in June. That's also what we've been told by a source near the elite corner. Any talk of leaders is premature at this point as each school in his Top 4 stands out right now. I can say that the trip to Austin went very well and Harris is being pursued by Terry Joseph and Jeff Banks along with Steve Sarkisian. That alone shows where the Longhorns value him on the board and how important they view him. I was also told his family likes Austin and the idea of him staying close to home. Texas will have the chance to separate from the others on the official visit this summer.

I really want to like Roach because he seems like an alright guy, but his updates are so stereotypically $9.95er that it's comical. 

After working on finance homework all night, I was hoping to come see celebration on the board after the big day, only to find this garbage debate. But I’ll throw fuel on the fire.

Both finance and Econ can be hard. Personally, I hate Econ because it’s too conceptual while finance has more real applications. I think mccombs is more challenging because you deal with all business coursework and don’t get the liberal arts fluff. Also, there’s much more competition in mccombs because classes are built to have low grades and then get curved.

Now, school is a shell of what it used to be pre-covid. Students somehow bitched their way into getting pass/fail options for easy virtual classes. Next years freshmen and sophomores will be in for a rude awakening.

sorry to shit post. All gas, no brakes. Fuck ou

Edited by dilloncp98
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 8

8 hours ago, dilloncp98 said:

After working on finance homework all night, I was hoping to come see celebration on the board after the big day, only to find this garbage debate. But I’ll throw fuel on the fire.

Both finance and Econ can be hard. Personally, I hate Econ because it’s too conceptual while finance has more real applications. I think mccombs is more challenging because you deal with all business coursework and don’t get the liberal arts fluff. Also, there’s much more competition in mccombs because classes are built to have low grades and then get curved.

Now, school is a shell of what it used to be pre-covid. Students somehow bitched their way into getting pass/fail options for easy virtual classes. Next years freshmen and sophomores will be in for a rude awakening.

sorry to shit post. All gas, no brakes. Fuck ou

Intermediate Accounting sucked

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

9 hours ago, dilloncp98 said:

Both finance and Econ can be hard. Personally, I hate Econ because it’s too conceptual while finance has more real applications.

I'm going to regret responding to this, but I'm doing it anyway because I just spent 40 hours on a graduate econometrics project and I have no inhibitions.

You know Wall Street is run by physicists, mathematicians, and computer scientists these days, right? Finance can be valuable, but you're going to be pigeon-holed if you don't have the right foundation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 9

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I'm going to regret responding to this, but I'm doing it anyway because I just spent 40 hours on a graduate econometrics project and I have no inhibitions.

You know Wall Street is run by physicists, mathematicians, and computer scientists these days, right? Finance can be valuable, but you're going to be pigeon-holed if you don't have the right foundation.

Gotta agree here - I work at a hedge fund in NYC and of my 15 person analyst class, only two of us had finance degrees. Everyone else learned finance on the job. I actually use my math degree a lot more than anything I learned in McCombs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 11

31 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

That seems to be (by far) the worst of the accounting classes, imo. 

Pensions and leases suck. Maybe not as bad as consolidations, but ....

7 minutes ago, Eggo said:

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Gotta agree here - I work at a hedge fund in NYC and of my 15 person analyst class, only two of us had finance degrees. Everyone else learned finance on the job. I actually use my math degree a lot more than anything I learned in McCombs.

4BfTiHR.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm going to personally fatwa the next person who continues this economics discussion.

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Alright, negging all you fuckers 

I'm almost interested in carrying it on, just to see how close we can come to watching each of your heads explode, but I've already said my piece and can sympathize with a topic going off course into tedious shit. 

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

4BfTiHR.gif

You have been on a roll posting images that don't appear for me. I'm not sure if it is you or me, but I don't seem to be missing any other images anywhere. I'm hoping it's you, so that we can all point and laugh.

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

You finance/econ dorks could at least put your skills to good use and give us a breakdown of bagman dynamics.

I've broken this down multiple times. Others have written articles about it elsewhere that have been linked back here. The infrastructure tends to be the area of sophistication, rather than the actual financial figures getting distributed.

Super K on Swanson

Spoiler

***Last night Texas landed a commitment from 2022 DL Zac Swanson out of Arizona. On a trip out to Arizona, earlier this year, I did have a chance to stop by and see Swanson in person.

Great young man, hard-working and relentless in his pursuit of the ball carrier. I do not really know where he ends up though. In my estimation, he’s not his listed 6’4 or even 6’3. I know some schools were recruiting him as an interior guy but that’s a lot of weight to put on his frame if you want to maintain his quickness. Just not sure where he ends up. I rather expected Texas to perhaps wait for June to get Zac back on campus and really get a sense of where they’d like to play him after seeing him and speaking with him in person.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Swanson

Hide contents

***Last night Texas landed a commitment from 2022 DL Zac Swanson out of Arizona. On a trip out to Arizona, earlier this year, I did have a chance to stop by and see Swanson in person.

Great young man, hard-working and relentless in his pursuit of the ball carrier. I do not really know where he ends up though. In my estimation, he’s not his listed 6’4 or even 6’3. I know some schools were recruiting him as an interior guy but that’s a lot of weight to put on his frame if you want to maintain his quickness. Just not sure where he ends up. I rather expected Texas to perhaps wait for June to get Zac back on campus and really get a sense of where they’d like to play him after seeing him and speaking with him in person.

I was told he's legit 6'3.5", camp-measured or private-session measured, not sure which. "He's a potentially good but doubtful to be great college player. Solid take." Any top 10 or aspiring top 10 team that is taking a full class should be happy to take this guy as a great choice between scholarships 18-25. Fine by me, even if the goal is to compete with Bama, OSU and Clemson.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Imgur images/gifs don't show up on the site. This has been a known issue since the migration.

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Doesn't work for me on mobile or pc. Remove the i. and it should post:

4BfTiHR.gif

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It's you/mobile. @immamac is too busy with the CoNtEnT to fix it, though. 

lolololol.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

Imgur images/gifs don't show up on the site. This has been a known issue since the migration.

@immamac just needs to get off his lazy ass and send some dick pics emails to imgur, and kindly ask them to stop fucking around with Shaggybevo Surlyhorns and unblock us.

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/201569776?input_string=hotlinking+to+imgur+images

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm almost interested in carrying it on, just to see how close we can come to watching each of your heads explode, but I've already said my piece and can sympathize with a topic going off course into tedious shit. 

You have been on a roll posting images that don't appear for me. I'm not sure if it is you or me, but I don't seem to be missing any other images anywhere. I'm hoping it's you, so that we can all point and laugh.

I've broken this down multiple times. Others have written articles about it elsewhere that have been linked back here. The infrastructure tends to be the area of sophistication, rather than the actual financial figures getting distributed.

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It's you/mobile. @immamac is too busy with the CoNtEnT to fix it, though. 

it's the image. imgur has never worked here. Ricky can see it because he has it already cached in his browser. No one else can though.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was told he's legit 6'3.5", camp-measured or private-session measured, not sure which. "He's a potentially good but doubtful to be great college player. Solid take." Any top 10 or aspiring top 10 team that is taking a full class should be happy to take this guy as a great choice between scholarships 18-25. Fine by me, even if the goal is to compete with Bama, OSU and Clemson.

Yep. Solid take, especially since we’re not exactly being overwhelmed with elite DL wanting to commit right now. 

The measurement discrepancy is interesting, since he needs to be in that 6’4 range to have the versatility that makes him a good fit for PK’s defense. 

(Mike Roach) Texas commit Maalik Murphy recaps spring game visit

Spoiler

Maalik Murphy was excited to be back in Austin.

The four-star Texas commit came earlier in the spring and saw campus by himself, but his trip to the spring game helped him get a feel for where he will be playing the next few years. Murphy spent time fielding picture requests with the fans and talking with other recruits, and he's excited for the future.

“The highlight was definitely being at the game,” he said. “Being able to interact with the fans and recruits was a good thing. I was just going over the game and the plan for the future.”

One of those recruits was Connor Robertson. Murphy spent some time after the game with his fellow 2022 prospect and Austin Westlake player. Robertson and his friends took Murphy on a tour of Austin to show him some other parts.

“We basically just drove around the whole city,” he said. “They wanted to show me Austin. They took me to Westlake high school where they go. It was basically just giving me the full experience of the city of Austin and making me feel like I’m at home.”

Murphy loved being in the stadium. Seeing the players on the field, he was able to envision his future and can’t wait to be a part of the progam.

“It was a super good feeling,” Murphy said. “Hearing that cannon after every big play was super crazy. It caught me off guard several times but I kind of got used to it. I love watching them play. I can’t wait until I’m in their shoes and playing for coach Sark.”

Murphy was hard at work getting others to join him. He talked to several different recruits and said he has a different approach when talking to each one.

“It’s a different approach for everybody because there’s something different that every recruit is looking for,” he said. “Everyone is in a different position. I kind of come at everyone with the same mindset but a different approach.

“With Denver, I talk to him about staying in state and help us win a national title. With him being a corner locking down on defense, putting it in his ear that defense wins big games. With Connor, I tell him that I’m going to need him up front blocking for me. Helping give me time so I can produce. It’s just different things to put in their ear.”

Now that Murphy has some familiarity with Austin, his next trip will be for his official visit in June. Outside of trying to get the others on that trip to join him, Murphy has one other goal in mind.

“I want to try Franklin’s barbecue,” he said.

At 6-foot-4.5, 225 pounds, Murphy is ranked as the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in California, according to 247Sports Composite.

Edited by Machinator

(Steve Wiltfong) The schools pushing the hardest for five-star LB Harold Perkins

Spoiler

There are not many prospects in the country more coveted than Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins, the No. 1 outside linebacker in the country per the Top247 and the 247Sports Composite.

Who’s in best position to land him?

“He has A&M, LSU, USC and Florida,” his uncle Alvin Walton started in. “He talks to Oregon too and Texas has come into the fold too. That’s the six he’s talking to almost every day.

“They’re in conversation with him, with me, his mom, those are the six coming the hardest right now.”

Perkins has four official visits on the docket right now beginning with Texas A&M on June 4 and USC the weekend of June 25. He is set to see Florida on Sept. 17 and Oregon on Nov. 26.

“He went to LSU’s spring game, I took him to that. His mom took him to A&M’s spring game over the weekend. He enjoyed both of them. He hasn’t decided when he’s going to go to LSU for an official. He even talked about visiting Bama. And he has a visit with Texas coming up.”

The 6-foot-2 1/2, 200-pound Perkins is the nation’s No. 12 prospect regardless of position. On the prep level he is a difference maker out of the backfield averaging over 10 yards per carry in gaining close to 1,000 yards as a junior and obviously on the second level, a space eater, one of the fastest defenders in the country who has tremendous short-area burst and change of direction ability as well. Perkins also has natural ball skills.

“He’s looking forward to being a hybrid linebacker (on the next level),” Walton said.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Steve Wiltfong) The schools pushing the hardest for five-star LB Harold Perkins

Hide contents

There are not many prospects in the country more coveted than Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins, the No. 1 outside linebacker in the country per the Top247 and the 247Sports Composite.

Who’s in best position to land him?

“He has A&M, LSU, USC and Florida,” his uncle Alvin Walton started in. “He talks to Oregon too and Texas has come into the fold too. That’s the six he’s talking to almost every day.

“They’re in conversation with him, with me, his mom, those are the six coming the hardest right now.”

Perkins has four official visits on the docket right now beginning with Texas A&M on June 4 and USC the weekend of June 25. He is set to see Florida on Sept. 17 and Oregon on Nov. 26.

“He went to LSU’s spring game, I took him to that. His mom took him to A&M’s spring game over the weekend. He enjoyed both of them. He hasn’t decided when he’s going to go to LSU for an official. He even talked about visiting Bama. And he has a visit with Texas coming up.”

The 6-foot-2 1/2, 200-pound Perkins is the nation’s No. 12 prospect regardless of position. On the prep level he is a difference maker out of the backfield averaging over 10 yards per carry in gaining close to 1,000 yards as a junior and obviously on the second level, a space eater, one of the fastest defenders in the country who has tremendous short-area burst and change of direction ability as well. Perkins also has natural ball skills.

“He’s looking forward to being a hybrid linebacker (on the next level),” Walton said.

I'd love to get him, but I'll be shocked if Texas is really anything more than a hat on the table at the end of his recruitment. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I'd love to get him, but I'll be shocked if Texas is really anything more than a hat on the table at the end of his recruitment. 

You've got to start throwing down the cash, fella! I want this guy terribly, but yah, feels they're too far behind here. 

I mean, the rest of the list is aggy, LSU, Florida, Oregon, and USC. Georgia must have hit their budget on LBs already or something. The Perkins recruitment seems like an excellent litmus test of how ready and willing we are to play the game right now. If we’re not there in the end, there’s probably only one reason for that.

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

it's the image. imgur has never worked here. Ricky can see it because he has it already cached in his browser. No one else can though.

why are people embedding imgur links in the first place when we have giphy search in the editor, which works perfectly well on mobile and in browser.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting